The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Remember when he fought rory...I'm pretty sure he doesn't, you know, because he was smashed senseless.

Last edited by Superjudge; Fri Apr 1, 2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Whaaat? UFC is finalizing a rematch between McGregor and Diaz for UFC 200.
        The UFC does realize that Connor is too small for Welterwight, right? Diaz has 3 inches on Macgregor (and I'm not sure it's that close) and he's definitely carrying an extra 10 pounds out there, easily. Macgrogor is a lightweight at best. If he doesn't want to continue the weight cuts that's the division for him, not 170. This is pure hubris.

Hopefully Diaz is a dog again cause that's easy money. This is like when they kept letting Penn fight at welterweight when he was way too small. Stupid.

Comment

• i also don't think the fight is a good idea for connor but i can see his thought process. if he doesn't get this back his magic is gone. if he can win this fight, which seems to be his single minded goal, then it is connor time again. financially this fight first followed by the aldo/edgar winner fight is millions and millions.

this is a big character fight for connor. he wins and he does what he says. he loses and he goes back and beats up 145ers. other than literally losing he can't lose from a life standpoint.

what would be horrible for him would be to lose again against diaz and then lose to edgar/aldo. done for a while. the public will be tired of him and consider him nothing more than a hype machine. fickle business

Comment

• cormier out. wanted to see that fight big time. last time jones needed to fight an opponent on little prep time he cancelled the show. a woodley/jones fight would be sick though

Comment

• i had expected junior to beat big ben but he just beat the shit out of him. looked like one guy just expected a brawl vs a real boxer. the fight night card was pretty good.

Comment

• http://www.tsn.ca/ufc/events

this looks like a good card. khabib is back, for grappler fans. pounded dos anjos for three rounds a while back. machido failed a drug test. evans needs a win.

Comment

• this was a good card. evans is done. khabib going to be champ soon. conor will have no chance at 155 if khabib is champ. the undercard fights were good too.

Comment

• wtf?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

wtf?
                      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I guess my work here is done I'm retiring too✌��️����</p>&mdash; Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) <a href="https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/722514064576917505">April 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

McGregor was at the fight in Dublin a few days ago where Joao Carvalho was killed due to head punches .. I'm sure its taken a mental toll on him ... whats funny is Dos Anjos predicted Connor would retire soon as well ... I don't think he's actually done though.

Edit: Not sure why Nates tweet didn't embed, but ah well, leaving it. Lol
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 19, 2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Last edited by rocwell; Tue Apr 19, 2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• He apparently refused to do any promotion or press conference for the fight.

Comment

• HA!

He should retire, fuck over the UFC and join GSP on his dinosaur show! OMG those two would be an unstoppable comedy duo

Comment

• White said McGregor is training in Iceland and didn’t want to come to Las Vegas to film promotional spots for the card, which is set for July 9 at T-Mobile Arena with a main card on pay-per-view.

“He didn’t want to,” White said. “He’s in Iceland training and he felt leaving right now would hurt his training and getting ready for this fight. But every other fighter on the card was coming. I get accused of coddling Conor all the time, but at the end of the day I respect Conor … but it doesn’t make you exempt for showing up for the press conferences and all the promotional stuff that we have to do. We spend a lot of money with this stuff, and you have to do it, man.

“Obviously we still have a good relationship with Conor. I respect Conor as a fighter and I like him as a person. But you can’t decide to not show up for this things. You have to do them.”
                              As much as this is played out as "We're pulling Conor because we don't have favourites", I almost feel like this is UFC saving Conor from himself and putting an end to the 170lb fights, with Nate or Otherwise. That's the last we see of that fight I think. But no way is Conor retiring. Dude loves money too much and it doesn't look like he's been investing. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                As much as this is played out as "We're pulling Conor because we don't have favourites", I almost feel like this is UFC saving Conor from himself and putting an end to the 170lb fights, with Nate or Otherwise. That's the last we see of that fight I think. But no way is Conor retiring. Dude loves money too much and it doesn't look like he's been investing. Lol
                                also puts him in his place. this will easily be the biggest ppv card in history. conor was probably set for the biggest % of that of the fighters present. dana is very anti-guaranteed money for just showing up. the "i'm bigger than the game" just cost conor a lot of money.

i understand conor wanting as much as he can possibly get but "we don't negotiate with terrorists".

Comment

Working...
                                X