The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I think its a serious misjudgment not to recognize how much he raised the bar in MMA, the UFC and in the WW div. He hasn't declined as much as the competition has gotten better, WAY better. Go back to his first 2-3 years, all those so called Legends that were at the top

BJ, Diaz, Sherk, Sera, Matt huges, Kos, sanchez, Parysian.

they are all gone, all of them, or

they are getting tooled everytime they fight .

GSP has however stayed on top.

Its a testament to how fantastic he really is, and to what he had provided for a new generation of fighters. Just 5 years ago, a guy like Hendricks was just a brawler, condit, a fancy lad striker. because of GSP, they have evolved into something better. they all see how he trained, and the in turn raised their own bars up higher, learned more, became more skilled and well rounded.

GSP has done so much for MMA. He is the man, and thats where I leave it. Making petty comments about how bad he is now...fuck that, he deserves a bit more respect than that from fans, he isn't your average champ, he has made all the fans favourite guys...better. and thats something we can all be thankful for whether we like him or not.
    Yall From UFC, Why Did You Not Just Join a Sport, Not a waste of time, They Mocking Tha Viking Squad with having you hurt each other For pennies then doing some cloaked and hidden attacks on yuh..
    Last edited by CB4Champ; Mon May 16, 2016, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Just finished ufc 198. Meh, what I expected. Souza looked really good though.

Verdum got tagged by miocic while miocic was moving backwards on his heels and just collapsed. Cain will be champ again.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• weidman out of 199.

new ww champ at 201. woodley will beat lawler. woodley is nice.

next fight night card is really going to suck. the garbrandt fight will be good though, he puts on a good show. win or lose

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          weidman out of 199.

new ww champ at 201. woodley will beat lawler. woodley is nice.

next fight night card is really going to suck. the garbrandt fight will be good though, he puts on a good show. win or lose
          With the UFCs now insistence that they hold a PPV every month, I feel like we're going to see ALOT of crap cards ... especially considering they have like 3 or 4 non-PPV shows as well every month.. they're watering down their brand I feel like.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            With the UFCs now insistence that they hold a PPV every month, I feel like we're going to see ALOT of crap cards ... especially considering they have like 3 or 4 non-PPV shows as well every month.. they're watering down their brand I feel like.
            i understand it though. with so many divisions and then fighters in each division for any ranking movements one ppv would need to be 8 hours long and then some fighters would get extended layoffs. the fight nights aren't a bad idea. i wouldn't mind more championship fights on less ppvs and more fight night cards for ranking movements. the fight nights are free to watch and can get people interested in the sport, right now there is usually only one maybe two fights worth watching on them.

problem with more title fights on ppv is every "marquee" fighter has % of gate and ppv in his contract. they want that money and if there is someone like connor and jones on the same card the percentages won't work as those two are taking the lions share of money home.

Comment

• http://www.tsn.ca/bisping-new-oppone...event-1.492113

bisping in for weidman. rockhold will win but i would love bisping to.

Comment

• This fight night was pretty good. Except for one women's fight that by the third round one of them had only thrown 7 strikes and didn't have any grappling, every fight was entertaining. Cody has the touch. Man he looked good. His hands are super fast. I've seen a few of his fights and still haven't seen him use his wrestling which Florian was saying is upper class as well.

Comment

• Damn Bisping!! What y'all think about that 10-year 'vet'? I didn't see this coming, but he just upset Rockhold.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Sun Jun 5, 2016, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Damn Bisping!! What y'all think about that 10-year 'vet'? I didn't see this coming, but he just upset Rockhold.
                    Wow. Hahaha. First title shot and takes it
                    Awesome for him

Comment

• except watching faber get the shit kicked out of him his fights are boring as fuck. rockhold was being a cock and deserved to get knocked out. if he isn't being an arrogant arse he should have mopped the floor with bisping. happy for bisping. the henderson fight was good, lombard is another piece of shit. has really good judo but if you can last 1 round you will win that fight.

next card top two fights are going to be great. cowboy vs cote, either can get knocked out but i think cowboy wins. i want to say mcdonald wins but wonderboy is taking that and then beating the shit out of lawler. wonderboy is awesome

Comment

• Bisping is now tied for most Wins in UFC History! I always did like him back in the day. Wasn't he on the 1st or 2nd TUF?

Also love that Lesnar will repping Canada for UFC 200 against Mark Hunt. He's been living in Saskatchewan the last few years and has really been a big ambassador for the Province and Country.

Comment

• Also, Dana let Nate give him the Stockton slap -

Comment

• cowboy looked fantastic. rory tried and had a good fight plan, just couldn't pull it off. wonderboy is crazy good and starting to scare people. lawler is going to lose that fight for sure.

Comment

• Ya I think Rory broke his nose again early, and couldn't ever really recover. He looked too cautious out there. That Wonderboy guy seems legit though.

Comment

• GSP will have his belt back soon

Comment

Working...
                                X