X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol

Comment

• Geez ... I was like "oh that's a cool pi.... wait ... whats that?!?"

Its just a bloody bandage and his hand though ... not what it looks like.

Comment

• video is 20 minutes
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFdjPmGN14M

cm punk documentary. i think he gets choked out by mickey but i gained a bunch of respect for him. in the movie he briefly talks about his motivation. he wants to show the kids to not listen to others when people tell them things are impossible and not worth trying.

Comment

• good fight night this weekend. condit is always worth watching but maia is going to win.

i have called showtime 3 times in a row and been wrong but i like pettis. pettis by ko or oliveira by submission.

paige should win unless she gets rocked early.

lauzon will win and get a bonus.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone saw Cerrone's post-fight conference .. you know what? I kinda like that guy ..

Was pretty funny when he was asked about the Conor v Diaz fight .. "I was really pullin' for Nate hard .. now I gotta listen to this f*ckin' dude talk again forever .. "the king is back" pfft, f*ck".

Its funny how EVERYONE wants on the NYC card in November .. that show is going to be INSANE me thinks.

Comment

• What are peoples thoughts on the Fighters Union? Looks like it going to happen? And Dana White is still pretending he knows nothing about it. Lol This guy running it seems to be a bit of a .. mobster? Oh ... he's an agent .. Lol But who knows .. I think it definitely needs to happen.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                What are peoples thoughts on the Fighters Union? Looks like it going to happen? And Dana White is still pretending he knows nothing about it. Lol This guy running it seems to be a bit of a .. mobster? Oh ... he's an agent .. Lol But who knows .. I think it definitely needs to happen.
                with the way every fighter complains about how much money they make in the ufc it was destined to happen. no way a lawyer was going to listen to all those poor people asking for money and not smell an opportunity. if the ppv prices don't go up, i don't care. as long as it doesn't turn into the shit storm of match making boxing is.

edit add: was able to watch the full press conference during my lunch and those guys want money. the second mma becomes legit sport in america the unions come in to get theirs. i am all for the fighters getting as much as they can get but i hope they know these guys didn't see some people being taken advantage of and decide to help. that one lawyer referred to his work so far as the same as a start up. these guys are out to get themselves paid.
                Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Aug 25, 2016, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• I think part of it is also that they see guys like Nate making $2M on ONE fight (or Conor making $3M) and cowboy is making less than 10% of that (he got less than $200,000 I believe for 202). That's crazy. Nate is a made man at this point compared to 85% of the UFC. Glad Nate is getting his though, since he's been around longer than most these guys.

Comment

I think part of it is also that they see guys like Nate making $2M on ONE fight (or Conor making $3M) and cowboy is making less than 10% of that (he got less than $200,000 I believe for 202). That's crazy. Nate is a made man at this point compared to 85% of the UFC. Glad Nate is getting his though, since he's been around longer than most these guys.
                    I'm very happy Nate is getting that money. He worked tirelessly to achieve it.

Comment

• The MMA Thread

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      I'm very happy Nate is getting that money. He worked tirelessly to achieve it.
                      Completely agree. Nates one of my favourites. Even Conor getting his is nothing but good for the sport, and most guys recognize that. But does Conor work 10x+ harder than Cowboy or some of these other guys? Nah, he just talks 10x more. Haha

Comment

• I also can't see UFC/MMA going the way of boxing ... Everyone having their own promotion is a disaster, and I just can't see that happening. Imagine Conor had "Notorious Promotions"? Would be a shit-show.

Comment

I also can't see UFC/MMA going the way of boxing ... Everyone having their own promotion is a disaster, and I just can't see that happening. Imagine Conor had "Notorious Promotions"? Would be a shit-show.
                          MMA is still in its infancy. Eventually, if the sport grows enough, true competitors to the UFC will emerge but, as it stands, the sport lacks the depth of talent and broad appeal required to support multiple tier-one promotions. Who knows when or if that will change. The fact that UFC struggles to put on 12 strong PPV cards a year suggests we're a ways from that world.

As for the fighters union, I honestly don't know enough about how the fighters are treated or how much they make to judge it fairly but my dad always said that no one who worked indoors needed a union. Perhaps that line of thinking applies here.... I suspect the outcome will largely depend on whether the top level fighters buy in and support the concept. If not, it has no chance.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            MMA is still in its infancy. Eventually, if the sport grows enough, true competitors to the UFC will emerge but, as it stands, the sport lacks the depth of talent and broad appeal required to support multiple tier-one promotions. Who knows when or if that will change. The fact that UFC struggles to put on 12 strong PPV cards a year suggests we're a ways from that world.
                            It may be a crude example, but I think the WWE has shown that you can own the entire industry. Now that the UFC has those deep pockets, I imagine they'll buy anybody out that gets too big. Which they've already done with Pride and Strikeforce in the past.

Comment

I think part of it is also that they see guys like Nate making $2M on ONE fight (or Conor making $3M) and cowboy is making less than 10% of that (he got less than $200,000 I believe for 202). That's crazy. Nate is a made man at this point compared to 85% of the UFC. Glad Nate is getting his though, since he's been around longer than most these guys.
                              He's never been a contender, and really, he isn't now. He doesn't "deserve" shit IMO. The UFC isn't sport, its a bloodsport where they don't even reward, or base fights on properly documented rankings. Its as greasey as boxing and nothing more than reality TV.

I like watching it.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                The UFC isn't sport, its a bloodsport
                                Completely disagree with this. But happy you like watching it.

The union just seems like a cash grab to me right now. I think we could draw a line that would show as the ufc made money so did the drawing fighters make money. Taking the cowboy from 202 fight, no one bought that card for cowboy. That fight is a free fight on fox. That card sold because of connor. I would like to know how much Hendricks got paid for 200. He was on the undercard and isn't nobody.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X