The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Completely disagree with this. But happy you like watching it.

The union just seems like a cash grab to me right now. I think we could draw a line that would show as the ufc made money so did the drawing fighters make money. Taking the cowboy from 202 fight, no one bought that card for cowboy. That fight is a free fight on fox. That card sold because of connor. I would like to know how much Hendricks got paid for 200. He was on the undercard and isn't nobody.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
    Johnny Hendricks made $80,000 for UFC 200 ... but quite a few of them made $500,000+ as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_200

All fighter pay has been listed on Wikipedia for the last few years of UFC shows.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Johnny Hendricks made $80,000 for UFC 200 ... but quite a few of them made $500,000+ as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_200

All fighter pay has been listed on Wikipedia for the last few years of UFC shows.
      80k for a loss on the undercard. here he is with his fight night loss to wonderboy and made 100k. that is 180k for two losses. i don't know how much money the ufc takes from everything, so i don't know the split.

here is an old article comparing mma to boxing. ufc payments are higher and this is back in 2011.

Comment

• Maybe beating a dead horse now but I watched the video again and I don't like those guys. I can understand the idea of a union but this guy keeps talking about the judo the guys all practice to get ready for this. He knows nothing about the sport. This is a businessman that sees a money making opportunity.

There was a moment in the video about international fighters. Maybe someone here knows more about law than me; what does that mean if they just don't fight in America anymore? If they create a union in America and then the ufc just stops pushing american venues? I think he said that as long as the money was earned in america then the union was valid.

Comment

Maybe beating a dead horse now but I watched the video again and I don't like those guys. I can understand the idea of a union but this guy keeps talking about the judo the guys all practice to get ready for this. He knows nothing about the sport. This is a businessman that sees a money making opportunity.

There was a moment in the video about international fighters. Maybe someone here knows more about law than me; what does that mean if they just don't fight in America anymore? If they create a union in America and then the ufc just stops pushing american venues? I think he said that as long as the money was earned in america then the union was valid.
          Oh totally, thats why I referred to him as a Mobster in the initial post. Haha Its clear what his intentions are, and they are not altruistic in the least.

But that said, I think a fighters union probably isn't a bad idea, if you consider that every major sports association has a Respective Union representing its players.

Comment

• this fight night was great.

maia is so so so good. if he can take a punch he will beat woodley. he will beat wonderboy right now as well.

paige looked great but that taekwando isn't going to work against anyone other than a brawler, so good game plan and hopefully not a style change.

thought lauzon won that fight with his take downs but miller probably did the most damage.

finally showtime gives me a win. he really looked gassed though. no way he didn't break some of the other guys ribs with those first round kicks

Comment

• no interest at all in any fight except the arlovski fight on the next card. one of him or barnett is getting knocked out

Comment

• Gustafson looked good.

Nader looked timid until the knee. Instant knockout.

Barnett is tough as shit. Realized he wasn't going to get time from the thumb in the eye and powered through it.

Comment

• 203 seems like a decent card.

i don't like overeem so hoping stipe knocks him out. werdum will beat browne unless he gets knocked out again, which would really really hurt. mickey is beating punk, if this goes to the judges it is a win for punk but he will lose unanimously. rivera will beat faber, who i am tired of in the ufc.

Comment

203 seems like a decent card.

i don't like overeem so hoping stipe knocks him out. werdum will beat browne unless he gets knocked out again, which would really really hurt. mickey is beating punk, if this goes to the judges it is a win for punk but he will lose unanimously. rivera will beat faber, who i am tired of in the ufc.
                    hey do you know what time (approx) CM Punk will fight? Thanks

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      hey do you know what time (approx) CM Punk will fight? Thanks
                      Not sure. Maybe 10:45-11:15. Depends on if they get finished.

Comment

Not sure. Maybe 10:45-11:15. Depends on if they get finished.

I actually "found" some time to watch the main card. Thanks anyway

Comment

• "Readjust your balls". You got 5 minutes.

That kick ouch

Comment

• Rivera is nice. I'm surprised Faber hasn't gone for the takedown once.

Comment

• Rivera got this

Comment

• Respect to CM Punk for stepping up I guess. It's over. Soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X