No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn... Conor is legit... and I hate it. Lol But my god is that left FAST and DEADLY.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Damn... Conor is legit... and I hate it. Lol But my god is that left FAST and DEADLY.
      i thought god was going to bring some humility on but nope. connor might have him scared in a corner

Comment

• Oh and I have a huge crush on Karolina .. Lol Joanna scares the crap out of me though.

Comment

Oh and I have a huge crush on Karolina .. Lol Joanna scares the crap out of me though.
          daman wayans movie, the great white hope. that's what that fight reminded me of. "you trying to embarrass me on tv". i felt bad for carolina when she had her moment in the third round. joanna might ask for that fight again, just to try and hurt her

Comment

• Decent card. Alvarez never looked comfortable against Connor. I keep forgetting how big he is until I see him in there with the 145/155 guys. He looks huge. Wasn't really sure why Alvarez was moving to his right at times (heading for the left) and he seemed entirely unsure of how to attack Connor. His striking was sloppy. Honestly, wasn't much of a fight.

I was disappointed in the Woodley/Thompson fight. The 4th round was great but Woodley spent most of the fight with his back against the cage and Thompson did nothing to make him pay. I kept waiting for him to attack but he seemed tentative, especially after the first round takedown. Rory made Woodley pay for fighting him that way. Love the fact that they called Buffer out of the ring twice and he still fucked up the announcement: has their ever been a majority draw in UFC history? Speaking of which, I was watching with a buddy and he called a majority draw. Guy should buy a lotto ticket.

The women's title fight was a total mismatch. That was a joke. I know she hurt the champ in the 4th but she took a bad beating.

That Romero guy is so full of drugs I'm not sure how his heart keeps pumping. How has that guy only been banned once? He must have a great program.

The Tate fight was kinda sad. She tried but didn't have it. It's now that time in women's MMA where the old guard (the originals) are all being surpassed by the new fighters who are better trained and more well-rounded. Rousey will be the next one out the door.

Comment

• I don't understand why he doesn't get penalties for the garbage wet back trick and the eye poke garbage. Yoel has a reputation for pulling that kind of shit. I thought Weidman was winning that fight until the knee and who knows if the only reason he had the energy for the knee was the earlier shenanigans. I mean they purposely soaked his back and then he just shrugs, like there was just a mix up he couldn't control.

I disagree with the Rhonda is next out. She is still a world class judo fighter and cuts much more weight than most girls in that division. Pennington, again, didn't look good to me. Meisha just looked like shit. I didn't even realize she was only 30. I do think nunes will beat Rhonda, unless Rhonda has turned into a really good striker, but that is more ring rust to me. My guess is Rhonda either loses and quits with maybe a Holm fight or she wins, fights Holm and then quits.

Comment

• this weekend might be the first time i remember two simultaneous cards. quick gander and only 3 fights i am "excited" for

almeida/morales
                mousasi/hall
                gadhelha/casey

bader/big nog is going to be such a shit fight. almeida, mousasi and gadhelha should all win. it is nice watching the female "contenders" fight people not joanna, and appreciate how much better joanna is than everyone else.

Comment

• Almeida is nice

Comment

• i didn't see this when i watched 205. skip to 5:30. khabib "you need to give up. i have to fight for the title. i deserve this. you know this" hahaha. maybe khabib is insane

Comment

• Good thing I didn't buy tickets to 206 ... shit. Cormier pulls out.

I guess in related news, Conor has relinquished the Featherweight belt. Petis and Holloway will fight for Interim I guess?

Comment

Good thing I didn't buy tickets to 206 ... shit. Cormier pulls out.

I guess in related news, Conor has relinquished the Featherweight belt. Petis and Holloway will fight for Interim I guess?
                        saw this, was really looking forward to cormier/johnson. they are still trying to keep rumble on the card but i bet not many people are picking up that call.

they added kennedy/gastelum to the card, it would be a very bad idea for gastelum to not make weight again.

finally, this could push them to agree to give george his 10 million and try to get a 1 month notice fight in the works.

Comment

• really wanted cejudo to beat the shit out of benavidez. hated him on the show. elliot took his beating well.

fight night has the fight i might be most excited about with the black beast vs abdurakhimov. expecting a knockout by the beast.

for 206
                          halloway/pettis- i want pettis, i like showtime, to win but i think halloway will win by decision.
                          cerrone/brown- cerrone for sure. he is lucky he didn't have to fight kelvin.
                          swanson/choi- fight of the night with a superboy knockout win.
                          kennedy/gastelum- kelvin. i thought cerrone would beat him but i thin he beats kennedy.
                          krylov/cirkunov- i will go against canada and choose krylov. misha never looks really good to me and seems to run on his toughness.

Comment

• http://www.tsn.ca/pettis-misses-weig...c-206-1.627701

pettis missed weight by 3 pounds

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Comment

• the winner is supposed to be interim champ but pettis can't get the belt and loses 20% of his purse. poor guy just lost 3 luxury cars too. i don't know if this means even a pettis win gives us a halloway aldo title fight

Comment

Working...
                                X