X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i don't like the piling onto stephen a smith right now. for an ethos that is one of respect, and no ego jiu jitsu trainers to be ridiculing someone trying to physically understand the sport bothers me. i don't mind correcting him with the fight, but i also agree we all expected what happened to happen, just not so quick.

encourage him, and bring him to tenth planet to train. don't make fun of a grown man learning something new. really if anything it's his coach setting up the pads.
    100% agree. But Smith also needs to recognize when he's stepped in some shit, and just shut up about it.
    Both Rogan and Mcgregor have tried to correct his take and he refuses to budge an inch. If he had conceded that he knew nothing, said he wanted to learn, and moved forward, then I think he'd get a much different response. MMA is very much a sport of "earn your respect". Smith hasn't done anything to earn anyone in MMAs respect.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied

i don't like the piling onto stephen a smith right now. for an ethos that is one of respect, and no ego jiu jitsu trainers to be ridiculing someone trying to physically understand the sport bothers me. i don't mind correcting him with the fight, but i also agree we all expected what happened to happen, just not so quick.

encourage him, and bring him to tenth planet to train. don't make fun of a grown man learning something new. really if anything it's his coach setting up the pads.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

It kinda sucks for Blaydes now he's in a tough spot. Rozenstruick and Ngannaou have the hype. No timeline for a Stipe-DC triology. He's right their for a shot but the belts going to be tied up for awhile. I guess he probably gets whoever win Derrick Lewis vs Lattifi
    i forgot about lattifi/lewis. that is a great fight too. latiffi is like a pale yoel romero that fights at heavyweight.

i agree on blaydes. dc is gonna want his shot, and stipe is out with injury. dc/stipe 3 is the money fight. i don't think stipe would want nganou again if he beats rozenstruk. i thought rozenstruck was a dutchmen, he is south american. didn't even know his country existed.

i think the winner of latiffi/lewis is a great call for his next fight, or nganou if he loses.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

agreed. dc would have played with it and blaydes might have gotten ahead.

curtis looked much more fluid in his movements. love watching fighter growth. i like when a beast shows up, but i really like watching someone clean up their game and find success.

i thought cheisa was going to finish in the first round when he got the back with 230 left.
    Ya cheisa had lots of opportunity to get the sub, but luckily RDA grappling was just good enough to escape.

It kinda sucks for Blaydes now he's in a tough spot. Rozenstruick and Ngannaou have the hype. No timeline for a Stipe-DC triology. He's right their for a shot but the belts going to be tied up for awhile. I guess he probably gets whoever win Derrick Lewis vs Lattifi

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Blaydes missed a good opportunity to call DC while he was interviewing him. DC would never take that fight but it would have been funny just to see how he reacted.
    agreed. dc would have played with it and blaydes might have gotten ahead.

curtis looked much more fluid in his movements. love watching fighter growth. i like when a beast shows up, but i really like watching someone clean up their game and find success.

i thought cheisa was going to finish in the first round when he got the back with 230 left.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Blaydes missed a good opportunity to call DC while he was interviewing him. DC would never take that fight but it would have been funny just to see how he reacted.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Bisping and DC commentating.
    They were a really good and funny together. Don't know if this is the first time they've done it together but hopefully its not the last.
    Won both my bets tonight to (Chiesa by desicion and Blaydes to win in the 2nd round).

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Bisping and DC commentating.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied

Ya pretty good for a free card. usually only the main event interests me in these one. i Like Blaydes to could get a title shot if he wins this one in impressive fashion. Going to go with the upset in the Co-main and say Cheisa get it done by decision.
    I think cheisa wins by sub.

Has any broken foot ever cost more money than missing a ppv Conor fight as champ?

I don't think blades gets a shot though. They will sell rumble at heavyweight soon, and predator vs rorschach coming soon. Nganou vs rozenstuck is probably going to get next shot. Ufc makes the non flashy work for it.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    decent card tonight.

blades/jds is a nice fight, i like blades. hardworking heavyweight that had to work hard for his spot.

the cheisa/rds fight is nice too.

angela hill is a fine woman fighter, but tends to lose
    Ya pretty good for a free card. usually only the main event interests me in these one. i Like Blaydes to could get a title shot if he wins this one in impressive fashion. Going to go with the upset in the Co-main and say Cheisa get it done by decision.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    decent card tonight.

blades/jds is a nice fight, i like blades. hardworking heavyweight that had to work hard for his spot.

the cheisa/rds fight is nice too.

angela hill is a fine woman fighter, but tends to lose

Leave a comment:

• jimmie
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Those shoulder strikes were wild. Thinking outside the box there from Conor. Cowboy was caught off guard by em.

Almost never see those shots, but I'd put money down and say that we see shoulder strikes in the clinch ALOT more going forward.
    Jon Jones has done it a lot, to good effect, some other guys. Never seen a borderline KO from them before, though. Usually used to maintain clinch control, etc.

All of which to say: I think that match said more about Cowboy than it did about Conor. It will be very interesting to see him against someone not on the downswing. He was smart to turn down Gaethje, and I think it's telling that Conor is barely acknowledging him as an option going forward, either. The odds of McGregor beating any of the top options at 155, to me, doesn't look great (Khabib will maul him again, Tony, Gaethje are all bad matchups, maybe he can beat Poirier), nor does it look much better at 170 (maybe he beats Masvidal, but I doubt it, and any of Usman/Woodley/Covington/Edwards would humble him, in my opinion).

Cowboy said something in the post-match interview - "I didn't think I'd get beat that fast", or something. I think this was a big payday for him, nothing more, and he expected all along to lose. Not a good mentality going in against a guy like Conor...

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Those shoulder strikes were wild. Thinking outside the box there from Conor. Cowboy was caught off guard by em.

Almost never see those shots, but I'd put money down and say that we see shoulder strikes in the clinch ALOT more going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Conor looked great. No one has ever done that Cowboy. Conor looked really explosive. He sent the message he needed to send.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    as expected. Give conor a challenging matchup next time please. Masvidal, Gaethje, fergurson/khabib hell even covington if he's gonna stay at 170.

Another note i was only a pettis victory away from winning my main card parlay. damm it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X