X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57
    started a topic The MMA Thread

The MMA Thread

It's about time we had an MMA thread, methinks.

Awesome Strikeforce card this weekend

Diaz vs Daley
    Melendez vs Kawajiri
    Moussasi vs Jardine
    Aoki vs Lyle "Fancy Pants" Beerbohm

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Think Cormier is going to win again. Think nate is going to beat Pettis, even with the weed smoking. And I think Romero Costa will be the fight of the night if it doesn't end in 2 minutes.

​​

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Man, Whitaker is one of the most likable guys on the roster.

Cormier recently said he represents everything a Champion should, and it's hard to disagree.

This is a fight to look forward to. Curious to see how they fill out the card.
    I hope Dana tries to make it legendary, and not just "here is an awesome fight and a bunch of aussies, and kiwis for the rest of the card" . The time difference will mess with the ppv money.

Two fighters it is really hard to bet against. I think I like Whitaker right now. 2 for 2 against Romero is a pretty good resume.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Man, Whitaker is one of the most likable guys on the roster.

Cormier recently said he represents everything a Champion should, and it's hard to disagree.

This is a fight to look forward to. Curious to see how they fill out the card.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 15th, 2019, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied

Ya, Pettis is 4-6 over his last 10, and fighting a non-ranked Nate. I am really curious to know what a win over Nate is worth days, as far as rankings go.
    It's a weird situation. Nate is the lesser of two brothers, who is famous for winning and losing to Conor. Never a champion,

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post

this is the fight my dad is most excited for, i don't know how good nate is going to look after so long off. if nate wins, i think nate/conor happens again. i don't see how a win here helps pettis move up, and a loss will really hurt.
    Ya, Pettis is 4-6 over his last 10, and fighting a non-ranked Nate. I am really curious to know what a win over Nate is worth days, as far as rankings go.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Diaz vs Pettis is actually happening it looks like! I figured one might pull out somewhere along the line. Nobody in UFC History has more "Fight of the Night" Bonuses than Nate Diaz, so I think it's going to be epic. Can't believe they've never fought before this.

this is the fight my dad is most excited for, i don't know how good nate is going to look after so long off. if nate wins, i think nate/conor happens again. i don't see how a win here helps pettis move up, and a loss will really hurt.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Diaz vs Pettis is actually happening it looks like! I figured one might pull out somewhere along the line. Nobody in UFC History has more "Fight of the Night" Bonuses than Nate Diaz, so I think it's going to be epic. Can't believe they've never fought before this.

Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 12th, 2019, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    This is pretty incredible. And this is not staged. Guy is legit.
    Awesome story. Reminds me of Baxter "One Armed Bandit" Humby, another one armed Canadian Kick Boxer from a while back. Dude has some awesome highlights.

Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 9th, 2019, 10:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    This is pretty incredible. And this is not staged. Guy is legit.

“I landed a left elbow, then a left straight, and then followed up with the head kick and that was it. He couldn't answer the eight-count.”

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied

Super excited for stipe Cormier 2.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Mma women are so fucking tough. They always go to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Just watched the prelims to see my man Mean Hakeem Dawodou. First time he's been healthy for a UFC fight so it was great to see a finish. Time for UFC to give him a ranked fighter - someone like Moicano.
    He looked great after he got the Japanese guys timing and style figured out. That Japanese guy needs to figure out level changes and take downs with that crazy feint heavy in and out style, or every fighter will beat his legs to hell and finish him.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think tonight's card is the absolute worst ppv i have ever seen. tonight they will find out if max halloway can carry a hot load of garbage to profitability. halloway and olivier aubin-mercier are the only two worth watching tonight. spencer fighting cyborg in her second ufc fight after subbing meagen andersson seems like a stretch. i think dana is hoping spencer wins so he can low ball cyborg on her next contract. i'm stealing the card tonight, but next weeks free card is better than this 70 dollar garbage.
    Just watched the prelims to see my man Mean Hakeem Dawodou. First time he's been healthy for a UFC fight so it was great to see a finish. Time for UFC to give him a ranked fighter - someone like Moicano.
    Last edited by slaw; Mon Jul 29th, 2019, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X