X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73
    replied
    Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Shouldn't take a chance on a goalie prospect, they're voodoo and proven goalies aren't worth anything on the trade market. Goalies are undervalued unless they're elite, so I'd just sign a proven goalie once we're set to contend.

As for your Reimer+ to Minny for that package, I like it, but instead Kuemper (goalie remember?) rather get a 2nd or later round pick. Which are also, by the way, undervalued on the trade market, but for the wrong reason.

Any of you post on PPP? (Pension Plan Puppets)
    I'm over of the Leafs community under the same name, but don't post often. Good idea to nab a pick up in the Reims deal if it happens. But we need a goalie back to play backup and Minny has 3 goalies on contract. They'd need to get rid of one to take Reimer I think. Not entirely sure.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I don't think we net Subban from the Brunis. But we could get something of decent value back.
    Shouldn't take a chance on a goalie prospect, they're voodoo and proven goalies aren't worth anything on the trade market. Goalies are undervalued unless they're elite, so I'd just sign a proven goalie once we're set to contend.

As for your Reimer+ to Minny for that package, I like it, but instead Kuemper (goalie remember?) rather get a 2nd or later round pick. Which are also, by the way, undervalued on the trade market, but for the wrong reason.

Any of you post on PPP? (Pension Plan Puppets)

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Ya, i was listening to the guys on the fan yesterday talking about Minny and their need for a Goalie. Not a bad Idea actually... Toronto should look at dealing something to Boston to get Subbans brother, bring in a marlie stiff, and jettison Reimer, who really, wants out anyhow.

In all the chaos, more losses and a better shot at a top three pick, if not the #1
    I don't think we net Subban from the Brunis. But we could get something of decent value back.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Ya, i was listening to the guys on the fan yesterday talking about Minny and their need for a Goalie. Not a bad Idea actually... Toronto should look at dealing something to Boston to get Subbans brother, bring in a marlie stiff, and jettison Reimer, who really, wants out anyhow.

In all the chaos, more losses and a better shot at a top three pick, if not the #1

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    they have already said they are likely flipping Ollie to a contender for a pick...

its a true rebuild man.... they are stripping it down.

I think its too late to be honest, unless the NHL is interested in rigging the draft for the Leafs, which isnt far from likely.

Maybe Winnik, Ollie & Reims to the Wild?

We get back Keumper, Schroeder and Veilleux?

Trade works, and is a great deal. Minny wants to make a playoff run. Reims gives them that chance.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    they have already said they are likely flipping Ollie to a contender for a pick...

its a true rebuild man.... they are stripping it down.

I think its too late to be honest, unless the NHL is interested in rigging the draft for the Leafs, which isnt far from likely.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Okay.... we got a prospect and pick, which is fine.

But Jokinen? Olli F-ing Jokinen? The biggest scrub ever? LOL WTF TML?

I'm just laughing. Hope we get McDavid. Play him alongside Nylander next year ala Sakic/Foppa.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    good move not to lose them for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    THE LEAFS MADE A TRADE!!!!!!!!

Cody Franson + Mike Santorelli to the Nashville Predators for Olli Jokenen, prospect Brendan Leipsic and a first-round pick in 2015!!!

Leafs getting some value for Franson and Santarelli, who are both UFAs after this year (I think).

Nashville gets a boost for this year's playoff run.
    I would've thought they get more for Franson, but I might've been optimistic.

And yeah, they're both pending UFAs.

Leave a comment:

replied
    THE LEAFS MADE A TRADE!!!!!!!!

Cody Franson + Mike Santorelli to the Nashville Predators for Olli Jokenen, prospect Brendan Leipsic and a first-round pick in 2015!!!

Leafs getting some value for Franson and Santarelli, who are both UFAs after this year.

Nashville gets a boost for this year's playoff run.
    Last edited by 007; Sun Feb 15, 2015, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    pretty sure your dads quote fits every raptors fan too!
    I think it fits every fan of any Toronto sports team.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    -My dad (he's a huge Leafs' fan)
    pretty sure your dads quote fits every raptors fan too!

Leave a comment:

replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    You're right. Only great ones share this condition.
    Want to know why Leafs' fans are crazy and kind of stupid? They chose to support the Leafs.
    -My dad (he's a huge Leafs' fan)

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    I think its a condition shared by most Leafs' fans
    You're right. Only great ones share this condition.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I think its a condition shared by most Leafs' fans

Leave a comment:

Working...
X