The NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Ya, i was listening to the guys on the fan yesterday talking about Minny and their need for a Goalie. Not a bad Idea actually... Toronto should look at dealing something to Boston to get Subbans brother, bring in a marlie stiff, and jettison Reimer, who really, wants out anyhow.

In all the chaos, more losses and a better shot at a top three pick, if not the #1
    I don't think we net Subban from the Brunis. But we could get something of decent value back.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      I don't think we net Subban from the Brunis. But we could get something of decent value back.
      Shouldn't take a chance on a goalie prospect, they're voodoo and proven goalies aren't worth anything on the trade market. Goalies are undervalued unless they're elite, so I'd just sign a proven goalie once we're set to contend.

As for your Reimer+ to Minny for that package, I like it, but instead Kuemper (goalie remember?) rather get a 2nd or later round pick. Which are also, by the way, undervalued on the trade market, but for the wrong reason.

Any of you post on PPP? (Pension Plan Puppets)

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Shouldn't take a chance on a goalie prospect, they're voodoo and proven goalies aren't worth anything on the trade market. Goalies are undervalued unless they're elite, so I'd just sign a proven goalie once we're set to contend.

As for your Reimer+ to Minny for that package, I like it, but instead Kuemper (goalie remember?) rather get a 2nd or later round pick. Which are also, by the way, undervalued on the trade market, but for the wrong reason.

Any of you post on PPP? (Pension Plan Puppets)
        I'm over of the Leafs community under the same name, but don't post often. Good idea to nab a pick up in the Reims deal if it happens. But we need a goalie back to play backup and Minny has 3 goalies on contract. They'd need to get rid of one to take Reimer I think. Not entirely sure.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• NHL finally got around to adding advanced stats to their statpage!

Yay Progress!

Comment

• Leafs won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• LEAFS MADE ANOTHER TRADE:

Leafs trade: David Clarkson

Blue Jackets trade: Nathan Horton

Why Toronto did this:

Clarkson has one of the worst contracts in the NHL, so getting rid of it is a big plus. Horton's contract is also really bad (about 5.2 million per year for the next 5 years), but he has been out all season with a back injury he might never come back from. The Leafs can put him on the long term injury list, so unless Horton comes back, they have to pay him, but he won't count against the cap.

The Leafs are essentially paying around the same money, but they just freed up cap space unless Horton comes back, which there is a good chance he never will.

Why Columbus did this:

The Blue Jackets have nowhere near the amount of money the Leafs do. They couldn't afford to pay Horton that much to sit at home injured. By taking on Clarkson, the Blue Jackets are hoping he can actually help the team, unlike Horton.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                LEAFS MADE ANOTHER TRADE:

Leafs trade: David Clarkson

Blue Jackets trade: Nathan Horton

Why Toronto did this:

Clarkson has one of the worst contracts in the NHL, so getting rid of it is a big plus. Horton's contract is also really bad (about 5.2 million per year for the next 5 years), but he has been out all season with a back injury he might never come back from. The Leafs can put him on the long term injury list, so unless Horton comes back, they have to pay him, but he won't count against the cap.

The Leafs are essentially paying around the same money, but they just freed up cap space unless Horton comes back, which there is a good chance he never will.

Why Columbus did this:

The Blue Jackets have nowhere near the amount of money the Leafs do. They couldn't afford to pay Horton that much to sit at home injured. By taking on Clarkson, the Blue Jackets are hoping he can actually help the team, unlike Horton.
                I probably got high because of it actually.

It was beautiful.

Comment

• ouccchh

Comment

• ahahahhahahaa

Comment

• Apply cold water to burned area.

Comment

• Oh my fuck off leafs. Mental.

Comment

• oh my, this is miracle. Leafs just won.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            oh my, this is miracle. Leafs just won.
                            They better go on a damned 7-game losing streak to end the season.

MCJESUS PLS.

Comment

• oh go to hell Edmonton

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                oh go to hell Edmonton
                                Worst possible thing that could've happened in my opinion.

I would rather anyone else win it but Edmonton. They're getting rewarded for playing horribly for years now.

Comment

Working...
                                X