No announcement yet.

The NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton wins the lottery again hahahaha.

Hope McDavid enjoys losing.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The Habs/Sens game last night was intense. Awesome game.

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      They're getting rewarded for playing horribly for years now.
      That's how the system works in most sports. They still need to know what they're doing to get out of that position however.

Comment

• How did I just find this now? hahaha

http://syruptrap.ca/2015/03/maple-le...ears-playoffs/
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          How did I just find this now? hahaha

http://syruptrap.ca/2015/03/maple-le...ears-playoffs/
          High hopes for 2017 and 2018 mate!

High hopes!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            The Habs/Sens game last night was intense. Awesome game.

That's how the system works in most sports. They still need to know what they're doing to get out of that position however.
            I realize. I still hate it. They don't deserve him at all, rather Columbus or Philly got him.

Comment

• Nobody can beat team Canada. We are just too good. Let's hope Obama will send us some help if Putin decides to invade us..

Comment

• Soooooooooooooo, the leafs got Babcock. While I really don't give enough of a shit about hockey, I still hope this guy can right the ship and put a constant winner on the ice. Poor Leaf fans deserve a little something by now! Not the asshole suits that show up to watch the second period, but the real Leaf fans.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Soooooooooooooo, the leafs got Babcock. While I really don't give enough of a shit about hockey, I still hope this guy can right the ship and put a constant winner on the ice. Poor Leaf fans deserve a little something by now! Not the asshole suits that show up to watch the second period, but the real Leaf fans.
                  I guess that's why Casey was retained to save money for Cock! That shit Leafs team still needs talent. Although they do have a lottery pick, they need more - tank 2 more years at least. The current roster is much worse than the current Raptors. At least Raptors won back to back division titles and made the playoffs in back to back seasons. Leafs made the playoffs in a fluke, shortened season then failed to improve, get back and be stuck in mediocrity - too bad to make the playoffs, too good to get a lottery pick.

Same here - I honestly don't give a shit about hockey. I just learned a lot from watching TSN SportsCentre, while waiting for 10 sec Raptor and NBA highlights.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Soooooooooooooo, the leafs got Babcock. While I really don't give enough of a shit about hockey, I still hope this guy can right the ship and put a constant winner on the ice. Poor Leaf fans deserve a little something by now! Not the asshole suits that show up to watch the second period, but the real Leaf fans.
                    Now, thats the type of pedigree of coach that Raptors should be getting/have got. Arguably though Babcock is in the equivalent top tier NBA coach group and I dont believe so such anyone was available. That said, the guy is obviously good but cant walk on water....so that remains to be seen with the team content of the Leafs.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Now, thats the type of pedigree of coach that Raptors should be getting/have got. Arguably though Babcock is in the equivalent top tier NBA coach group and I dont believe so such anyone was available. That said, the guy is obviously good but cant walk on water....so that remains to be seen with the team content of the Leafs.
                      It reminds me of the Phil Jackson sweepstakes or the Doc Rivers trade. Still needs a lot of work to do esp with that shit roster, but it looks like the Leafs are headed to right direction. This is good for Toronto sports considering the Raps are under the same ownership.

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                        I guess that's why Casey was retained to save money for Cock! That shit Leafs team still needs talent. Although they do have a lottery pick, they need more - tank 2 more years at least. The current roster is much worse than the current Raptors. At least Raptors won back to back division titles and made the playoffs in back to back seasons. Leafs made the playoffs in a fluke, shortened season then failed to improve, get back and be stuck in mediocrity - too bad to make the playoffs, too good to get a lottery pick.

Same here - I honestly don't give a shit about hockey. I just learned a lot from watching TSN SportsCentre, while waiting for 10 sec Raptor and NBA highlights.
                        I used to love hockey growing up, but lost interest after school in the late 90's and then most definitely after the salary cap came in and the Yankees of hockey went to shit. But like you, I'm almost forced to sit through a bunch of highlights or hear it all over the sports radio stations in the car, so I kinda still always know what's happening. I can be brought back if they get some good young talent and put a winner out there. However, that won't be for the next few years so I'll continue to be uninvested until/if that happens!

Comment

• The Windy City is partying tonight!

Comment

• yep

Comment

• The Great Pretender

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              I used to love hockey growing up, but lost interest after school in the late 90's and then most definitely after the salary cap came in and the Yankees of hockey went to shit. But like you, I'm almost forced to sit through a bunch of highlights or hear it all over the sports radio stations in the car, so I kinda still always know what's happening. I can be brought back if they get some good young talent and put a winner out there. However, that won't be for the next few years so I'll continue to be uninvested until/if that happens!
                              Same sort of story for me Mack. I grew up living hockey in the 90's: I went to school thinking about it, I hit the ice after school for one of the two teams I played on and then came home and either watched a game or highlights. Then all the lockouts/holdouts nonsense hit the league and it started to kill my interest. Same thing happened to me and baseball years earlier. Neither the MLB or NHL ever really won me back. Back then I couldn't understand how anyone getting played millions to play a game could fight about it... 'I'd go out there and play for free right now', I thought.

I mostly watch NFL football now. I used to be a hardcore basketball fan but the mediocrity of close on 20 years of Raptors hoops has killed the excitement for me two or three years ago somewhat (plus I got married and had a kid); now I watch a game per week. I think between my love for the NFL and my remaining interest in the NBA, the NHL will never win me back. I'll probably remain a playoffs hockey watcher, pretending I gave a damn all year for when I go over to a friend's house for a playoff game. LOL

Comment

• Leafs had damn good draft. Stole Marincin too.

Also, lol Boston, do they hate talented players? They've traded Thornton, Seguin, Kessel, and now Hamilton in the past decade. All for horrible returns.

Comment

Working...
                                X