The NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I'm surprised that there haven't been any comments about the Leafs here yet. (Must be the Blue Jays effect.) Babcock seems to have made great strides towards turning the team's culture around, even though it hasn't resulted in wins so far. As a Winnipeg Jets fan, I think they're going to be the other team I keep track of and maybe root for a little this year.

I hope you all don't mind too much if I post about the Jets here every so often this year. This year should be a really interesting year for them, with three rookies in their top four lines, contract years for a couple of their cornerstone players, and a pretty solid goaltending tandem overall.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
        I'm surprised that there haven't been any comments about the Leafs here yet. (Must be the Blue Jays effect.) Babcock seems to have made great strides towards turning the team's culture around, even though it hasn't resulted in wins so far. As a Winnipeg Jets fan, I think they're going to be the other team I keep track of and maybe root for a little this year.

I hope you all don't mind too much if I post about the Jets here every so often this year. This year should be a really interesting year for them, with three rookies in their top four lines, contract years for a couple of their cornerstone players, and a pretty solid goaltending tandem overall.
        RE: the Leafs, Babcock's got the team playing hard right now, but we'll see how motivated they'll be when they're 20 games under .500 in January. That's when Babcock will/won't be earning his stripes.

#GoHabsGo

Comment

• Seen My brotha James Reimer???

Always Said He was the Best Goalie on the Maple Leafs Squad....His issues was that the team never gave him a Proper Chance to Do What he could Do..And they never had Patience....

Now he the Only Goalie to Win on the Squad and Truss that is not a Coincidence. He legit...

Keep on Proving them Doubters Wrong James....Leafs can Possibly(emphasize) make a real run for the Playoffs! That Should Be a Challenge the Youngstas Should Take Up With James Reimer Leading Them....

Comment

• Another game..Another Win from James Reimer aka Tha Dreamer...

Keep The Dream alive Leafs Fans...With James "Tha Dreamer" Reimer leading the Leafs and The Young Leafs Scoring...Truss yall can POSSIBLY Make a Serious run for them Playoffs.

This Is all Dreamer(Reimer) and The Young Squad...Toronto Needed To Allow James To make mistakes and Learn, Now look at James stopped 42 shots cold. And The Youngstas did there thang hit for 4 goals!!!

Sigh, Tings looking up for De Leafs.

Reimer backstops Leafs to victory over Canucks
            writer: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Sat Nov 14 2015

Six weeks into the season, the Maple Leafs’ performance is hitting its stride.

The team that won just two games in October has three wins in seven November tilts, including a hard-fought, 4-2 effort against the Vancouver Canucks Saturday night at the Air Canada Centre.

But when all else fails — like it nearly did in the third period against Vancouver — Toronto has the answer in goaltender James Reimer.

“He’s playing great, he deserves all the attention he’s getting,” Leafs defenceman Morgan Rielly said of Reimer, who has been in net for all three wins over a stretch of seven games since Jonathan Bernier’s injury. The Leafs have picked up points in six of those contests.

“He’s in the zone, he has confidence and we have confidence in him . . . we’re all cheering for him.”

Reimer arguably never has been better in his six-plus seasons with the Leafs, and in the third period, against a hard-pressing Canucks club, he allowed a powerplay goal but otherwise kicked out 24 of 25 shots in that frame.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...r-canucks.html
            Last edited by CB4Champ; Wed Nov 18, 2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Should Kevin be concerned?

Comment

• not with that other goalie repping against The Rangers, Leafs Lose....

think his name is bernier or something, they guy that the Organization would give every chance to be the lead goalie even though he has half the talent of James Reimer. bernier is GARBAGE!!!

Bernier’s blunder helps sink Leafs in Big Apple: DiManno
                http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...e-dimanno.html

That's the problem with leafs media, they heep too much pressure on the leafs Reppers like James you put these guys lifes under a micro scope and blah blah blah blah on there who lifes like your talking about your favorite hobby.

There is too much pressure on Leafs Reppers(players not) and when they make mistakes, they get scared silly and they are attacked by the media for times pon times...THATS WHY TORONTO LEAFS CAN'T SIGN BIG STARS...CAUSE YOU TREAT THEM LIKE GARBAGE!!! THE STARS SEE THE OBSESSED PRESSURE YOU PUT ON THEM AND HOW you talk about every minute action they do.

Here is an Example

Babbler Announcer: Rumor is Mats Sundin had Corn Flakes for breakfast, How will that affect his game 2 days from now, Annoying analyzer|?

Annoying Analyzer: Well we know how he did after having that Grapefruit for a snack before his morning skate 3 weeks ago, lets break down the breakfast routine Babbler reporter..When Mats Sundin eats A Fruit or Vegetable for breakfast the leafs are 24wins to 8 losses, when He eats Grainy foods the leafs are 20wins and 17 losses, So it may be that he won't perform as good at the next game .

Babbler Announcer: What is he thinking???

YOU STUPID LEAFS MEDIA IS OBSSESSED WITH THESE GUYS THAT YOU PISS THEM OFF..

Let them Breathe!!! There is other sports inside Toronto,

Why is there hockey night analyst at the MIDDLE OF SUMMER???

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HOCKEY PROGRAMS???

That's why Leafs can't sign stars!!! And that when guys do sign here they severely under perform..Like Phil Kessel, was pissed all the time He was here!!!

Very Few guys Can thrive inside the obsession and BUILD...THATS MATS SUNDIN and JAMES REIMER!!! You have extreme talent with those 2, PUT REPPERS AROUND THEM<, You never did for Mats Sundin, You have another Chance with James Reimer Toronto Maple Leafs,

Think of James Reimer aka The Dreamer as a Young Ed BELFOUR!!! aka The Eagle!!!

THINK LEAFS!!! Stop Stressing out Your Reppers, Let them Relax, cut back the analyst of the Leafs and Let them be comfortable!!!
                Last edited by CB4Champ; Tue Nov 17, 2015, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Seems That James Reimer aka The Dreamer just keeps chugging along.... not really surprised.

Yall don't Know that James and the Leaf Youngstas are just heat checking cause they Feel that they have The goalie That Will clean up there mistakes, and Shut Em Down when the Team needs the Defense.

Leafs’ special teams bury Avalanche

One game after a heartbreaking loss to the Rangers with Jonathan Bernier in net, the Leafs returned to Reimer, who earned his 80th win in a Toronto uniform. That moved him past George Hainsworth into 10th on the Leafs’ all-time list (11th, if you include the St. Patricks).

Reimer is also 6-2-3 on the season, with some of his best netminding in years

“It’s awesome,” Bozak said. “It doesn’t surprise any of us in this room. I’ve been here with him, we both came here together. I know the type of goalie he is and what he can do out there. It’s no surprise to us. We expect it every night from him and he gives it to us every night.”
                  http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...avalanche.html

Keep The Dream A Life James...Who knows if the Leafs possibly Get to the playOFFS!!!
                  Last edited by CB4Champ; Wed Nov 18, 2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Tha Dreamer James Reimer and The Leaf Youngstas Squad are Just Heat checking Everyone.

The Young Leaf Squad led With James Reimer Are Dominating the opposition,

The Young Leafs are Getting More and more changing, and The Young Leaf Squad are Calm inside Winning time...James Giving His Mates Space to Heat Check

Tha Dreamer Was shutting them down blocking shot after shot, and stone cold freezing Opposition and keeping the Leafs close to beat the hurricanes...

OT was called after the Hard Fought Young Squad Was holding down .

At The OT During the Shootout, One Of The Veterans Steely Eyed, Went 1 on 1 with the opposing goalie and won the game for the Leaf Squad....

James, Showing the road to the PlayOFFS Is a Reality!!!

Leafs storm back in shootout win over Hurricanes

Never was that more true than Friday night’s performance. The Hurricanes deserved a better fate but, like the Leafs earlier in the season, they haven’t able to score and put games away. The Leafs were outplayed, especially in the second period when James Reimer was at his best. The Leafs’ goaltender, who wasn’t beaten until the third period was almost eight minutes old, turned aside 33 of 34 Carolina shots.

Joffrey Lupul notched the shootout winner.

To win in the shootout is positive. It’s not going to be pretty every night, especially on the road. You have to stick with it, find ways to win and be resilient and get it done. When you’re a good team, that’s what you do.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...urricanes.html

Comment

• I assume this is where the hockey fans hide. There are teams available in the RR Fantasy Hockey League available for taking over. Mosey over to the fantasy forum to PM Apollo for details.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So....how 'bout that "new" Leafs logo?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          So....how 'bout that "new" Leafs logo?

I like it, honestly. The logo is exactly what it should be. Money grab though

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I like it, honestly. The logo is exactly what it should be. Money grab though
                            Yeah, good idea, but c'mon. There's nothing new about it.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, good idea, but c'mon. There's nothing new about it.
                              Actually, the logo is new. The shape, font, stem & veins are all different than the 2 Leaf's the logo is based off.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• have a day, Leafs.

Thanks for ruining my night!

Comment

Working...
                                X