Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey wrote: View Post
    Tyson Fury set to make a return in May? Not sure what I make of that, but I'd LOVE to see him against AJ this summer. Not likely to happen, with the mandatories on the belts, but still ... would love to see Fury make a "triumphant" return.
    We'll see. Fury needs to put up or shut up.

    Comment


    • rocwell wrote: View Post
      We'll see. Fury needs to put up or shut up.
      Oh I couldn't agree more. But that's sort of what I mean. He's been talking for so long while being inactive, I'm ready to see if he and his skills have gone the way of the do-do or not. The guy is only a year older than AJ at 28, which is crazy.

      Comment


      • Interesting article about Anthony Joshua:

        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...-000-fans.html

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          Oh I couldn't agree more. But that's sort of what I mean. He's been talking for so long while being inactive, I'm ready to see if he and his skills have gone the way of the do-do or not. The guy is only a year older than AJ at 28, which is crazy.
          Yeah but even if he returns... I'd like to see David Haye vs AJ first. Haye is dangerous.

          Comment


          • rocwell wrote: View Post
            Yeah but even if he returns... I'd like to see David Haye vs AJ first. Haye is dangerous.
            You think Haye is more dangerous than Fury? I think Haye is done. Did you watch him vs Bellew?
            It was sort of sealed for me after that. The guy could barely stand for half the rounds.
            Last edited by Joey; Sun Apr 23, 2017, 09:40 PM.

            Comment


            • Joey wrote: View Post
              You think Haye is more dangerous than Fury? I think Haye is done. Did you watch him vs Bellew?
              It was sort of sealed for me after that. The guy could barely stand for half the rounds.
              That's what I said after the fight too. Haye is done, but I don't really believe so. Haye still got that knockout power, speed um.. obviously he's slower these days but still. He's wounded, but dangerous. And Fury.. He can be as dangerous as AJ or anyone else.. I'm just not sure he wants to be that guy though.

              Comment


              • Comment


                • rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Fury better be getting fit. Dude is looking BIG.

                  Comment


                  • 24 hours.

                    Comment


                    • Anthony Joshua = best heavyweight boxer since Lennox Lewis. He's the real deal.
                      Mamba Mentality

                      Comment


                      • I'm speechless. What a fight. Easily one of the best fights I've ever seen. That recovery. That deadly shot by Vlad in 6th round.

                        My heart is still racing... AJ's flaws showed up again, but that recovery was something out of Vlad's book. Obviously it helps when you're young but still. AJ didn't panic, he even spit out a gum shield at the right moment. Bravo. Will re-watch the fight tomorrow on tv. "Fury, where you at baby?!"

                        Last edited by rocwell; Sat Apr 29, 2017, 07:31 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Holy f*ck. WHAT A FIGHT!!!

                            Amazing.

                            No words really. Totally blown away by the effort from Klitchko. Dude looked like if were fighting anyone but AJ, he would've bested them easily.
                            Last edited by Joey; Sun Apr 30, 2017, 12:50 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Loved seeing how pumped Bellew was for AJ afterward as well. Guy was JACKED up. Haha

                              Comment


                              • Joey wrote: View Post
                                Holy f*ck. WHAT A FIGHT!!!

                                Amazing.

                                No words really. Totally blown away by the effort from Klitchko. Dude looked like if were fighting anyone but AJ, he would've bested them easily.
                                Well, Klitchko is far from done. He's so light on his feet at 41, it's hard to believe. But I doubt he can go 12 rds against someone like AJ anymore. Stamina is different when you're old.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X