Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would love to see AJ vs Wilder next. Two of the best heavyweight boxers on the planet. Would also like to see Wilder/Klitschko.
    Mamba Mentality

    Comment


    • Also, not really interested in seeing Tyson Fury against any of those guys. Fury is one of those classic post Lennox Lewis heavyweight boxers: Slow, out of shape and talks a lot of shit.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • TRex wrote: View Post
        Also, not really interested in seeing Tyson Fury against any of those guys. Fury is one of those classic post Lennox Lewis heavyweight boxers: Slow, out of shape and talks a lot of shit.
        Fury can be a beast if he actually cared about boxing. Who knows what will happen when the money runs out, huh?

        Comment


        • In my opinion, AJ will fight either Klitschko or Joseph Parker next

          Comment


          • rocwell wrote: View Post
            In my opinion, AJ will fight either Klitschko or Joseph Parker next
            As much as I'd love to see AJ-Parker, it'll be either Pulev or Luis Ortiz I believe, since they are the IBF and WBA Mandatories respectively; just depends on who inserts themselves first, though I expect it'll be Pulev, personally, since the IBF just generally butts in like that. Lol

            And Klitchko will need a while to recover from that fight, and AJ and Hearn want to fight in September-ish, which no way Klitchko is ready for.

            Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post
              Fury can be a beast if he actually cared about boxing. Who knows what will happen when the money runs out, huh?
              Agreed. Fury is incredibly unique, and completely different from AJ in style, in how light on his feet he is (or was anyway? Lol) and how fast his hands are, for someone that's 6'-9". Count me as a Fury fan. Fury has shown how dangerously tactical and technical he can be, and at that height, its just mind-boggling; AJ is more a classic Heavyweight Heavy-handed boxer with fists of concrete, ala Iron Mike, which again, hard not to love - AJ is just such a stud, I could see his reign coming years ago.
              Would LOVE to see them go at it at some point soon, though they're both relatively young, so lots of time for that fight.
              Last edited by Joey; Sun Apr 30, 2017, 03:26 PM.

              Comment


              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                I'm speechless. What a fight. Easily one of the best fights I've ever seen. That recovery. That deadly shot by Vlad in 6th round.

                My heart is still racing... AJ's flaws showed up again, but that recovery was something out of Vlad's book. Obviously it helps when you're young but still. AJ didn't panic, he even spit out a gum shield at the right moment. Bravo. Will re-watch the fight tomorrow on tv. "Fury, where you at baby?!"

                Was this your view?!? Amazing seats, if so!!

                Comment


                • Joey wrote: View Post
                  Was this your view?!? Amazing seats, if so!!
                  Nah most of those seats were invite-only.

                  I was in the stands

                  Comment


                  • Joey wrote: View Post
                    As much as I'd love to see AJ-Parker, it'll be either Pulev or Luis Ortiz I believe, since they are the IBF and WBA Mandatories respectively; just depends on who inserts themselves first, though I expect it'll be Pulev, personally, since the IBF just generally butts in like that. Lol

                    And Klitchko will need a while to recover from that fight, and AJ and Hearn want to fight in September-ish, which no way Klitchko is ready for.
                    Luis Ortiz is a great shout.

                    Comment


                    • rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Luis Ortiz is a great shout.
                      Ya man. I could see Wilder fighting Parker soon though, and honestly, I see Wilder beating him; and then doing an AJ-Wilder fight for the total unification, after AJ has done his mandatory. That's what I would love to see.

                      Comment


                      • Shiner!

                        Comment


                        • Joey wrote: View Post
                          Ya man. I could see Wilder fighting Parker soon though, and honestly, I see Wilder beating him; and then doing an AJ-Wilder fight for the total unification, after AJ has done his mandatory. That's what I would love to see.
                          Wilder would easily destroy Parker. Parker isn't even that good.

                          There's only 3 legit heavyweights today. Joshua, Wilder and Klitschko.
                          Mamba Mentality

                          Comment


                          • Comment


                            • Looking forward to Canelo vs Chavez tonight!! I think Canelo takes this, in what is probably the biggest fight in Mexican history, in terms of equal starpower .. this is basically equivalent to Joshua vs Fury to British boxing fans.

                              Comment


                              • Joey wrote: View Post
                                Looking forward to Canelo vs Chavez tonight!! I think Canelo takes this, in what is probably the biggest fight in Mexican history, in terms of equal starpower .. this is basically equivalent to Joshua vs Fury to British boxing fans.
                                They're calling this fight The unofficial Super Bowl. Haha. I'll watch the fight if I manage to stay awake.

                                Matthysse vs Talyor is a must watch too. Hoping Matthysse is still the same guy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X