Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wilder KOs Ortiz in the 10th. Assuming Joshua takes Parker on the 31st, we could be in line for a Unification fight. Still think Joshua takes that fight against Wilder if/when it happens, but Wilder showed he can take a punch from Ortiz, and Ortiz hits HARD.

    Comment


    • Joey wrote: View Post
      Wilder KOs Ortiz in the 10th. Assuming Joshua takes Parker on the 31st, we could be in line for a Unification fight. Still think Joshua takes that fight against Wilder if/when it happens, but Wilder showed he can take a punch from Ortiz, and Ortiz hits HARD.
      Wilder is a freaking super saiyan when it comes to power. He's nuts. AJ v Wilder should be fun.

      Comment


      • rocwell wrote: View Post
        Wilder is a freaking super saiyan when it comes to power. He's nuts. AJ v Wilder should be fun.
        I do wonder how power-wise he measures up against AJ.
        No accuracy with his full power shots though, you could see it in the 10th against Ortiz. He was just swinging WILDLY and hoping to land something. And Ortiz doesn't have a neck to actually move his head, so I expect Joshua to fair at least a bit better in that regard. Lol

        But ya, gotta wait for AJ vs Parker first though, which should also be a slobber knocker.

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          I do wonder how power-wise he measures up against AJ.
          No accuracy with his full power shots though, you could see it in the 10th against Ortiz. He was just swinging WILDLY and hoping to land something. And Ortiz doesn't have a neck to actually move his head, so I expect Joshua to fair at least a bit better in that regard. Lol

          But ya, gotta wait for AJ vs Parker first though, which should also be a slobber knocker.
          Wilder is stronger, I guess. You can't teach that kind of power. He's really strong.

          Comment


          • rocwell wrote: View Post
            Wilder is stronger, I guess. You can't teach that kind of power. He's really strong.
            You think so? Doesn't do much good if it doesn't hit the target. AJs got some lbs on Wilder, and I would say is a slightly more technical fighter, which is not saying much, as Wilder is ugly to watch.

            Comment


            • Canelo just tested positive for PEDs...

              Comment


              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                Canelo just tested positive for PEDs...
                Wow ... I'm WAY more disappointed in this than even hearing about Bones Jones the first time ... this is gutting ... super bummed about this ... was a huge Canelo fan.

                Comment


                • I didn't even realize but their rematch is less than 3 months away... nuts. Super disappointing. Without knowing a single fact, I blame De La Hoya.. Canelo is too innocent to have done this ... this is what I choose to believe until given information otherwise. Haha

                  Comment


                  • Joey wrote: View Post
                    I didn't even realize but their rematch is less than 3 months away... nuts. Super disappointing. Without knowing a single fact, I blame De La Hoya.. Canelo is too innocent to have done this ... this is what I choose to believe until given information otherwise. Haha
                    He blamed results on contaminated beef.

                    Comment


                    • rocwell wrote: View Post
                      He blamed results on contaminated beef.
                      I believe it ... only because I want to. Lol

                      Edit:
                      He believes the traces of Clenbuterol are "consistent with meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years."

                      Canelo says he will immediately move his training camp from Mexico to the United States and will submit to any number and variety of additional tests that the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association deems necessary ahead of the fight.

                      "I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me," Canelo says.

                      "I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail."
                      http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/05/canelo...uterol-boxing/
                      I buy it. He was framed!! Lol
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 5, 2018, 06:11 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Police warn against illegally streaming Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker fight... but those re-streaming bout in more danger of being caught

                        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...ker-fight.html

                        Comment


                        • Let's go

                          Comment


                          • Lol, AJ isn't even trying

                            EDIT: Ok, Parker, I see you. He's hurting AJ

                            EDIT 2: Omg this referee is crazy.
                            Last edited by rocwell; Sat Mar 31, 2018, 06:22 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Referee ruined the fight. AJ's stamina is A+. Great performance behind the jab.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Sat Mar 31, 2018, 06:46 PM.

                              Comment


                              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Referee ruined the fight. AJ's stamina is A+. Great performance behind the jab.
                                I really don't think the ref was as egregious as it's being made out to be. For the most part AJ had a good plan that "if Parker came inside, tie him up and get broken apart, land a few jabs, rinse and repeat" and he executed it to perfection. Doesn't make for exciting boxing, but it's a sound strategy to a win belt. There was really only 2 or 3 times that the ref could have let them throw a few more before they inevitably clinched again, but at least the Judges did their job.

                                All in all though, solid win for AJ. I think he wanted to prove he could do 12 Rounds as well, as there was no killer-instinct like we've seen from him in the past.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X