The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Official Wilder/Fury scorecards. All judges scored the 12th round 10-8 for Wilder.

https://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-...-photo--134242
    Not the point. A knockdown does not necessarily guarantee a 10-8 round by the rules.

And even if it did, Fury still won on points by my count, which just goes to show how much Wilder relies on the knockout.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Not the point. A knockdown does not necessarily guarantee a 10-8 round by the rules.

And even if it did, Fury still won on points by my count, which just goes to show how much Wilder relies on the knockout.
      True. But for the judges to not score it a 10-8 round, Fury had to do something spectacular. Like, stun Wilder down or knock him down. He didn't do none of that. That's why it was a 10-8 round.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The TOP heavyweight in the division! Fury who? Joshua who?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Image result for and here we go gif

FIGHT WEEK!!! Can't wait. Having a bunch of people over for the fight. Should be a good show watching a fully prepped Fury beat the hell out of Wilder for 12 rounds.

Comment

• Wilder looks nervous.

Comment

• Fury great plan. Loved how he mauled him and leaned on him wearing him out. Corner could have stopped it earlier but I credit Wilder for hanging in given he had no legs and clearly something happened with his ear that messed with his balance and strength.

Fury looked great. Hopefully he gets a chance to unify.

Comment

• Joshua is scared of Fury right now, but likely has to fight Wilder first. *Jeopardy theme song*

Comment

Should be a good show watching a fully prepped Fury beat the hell out of Wilder for 12 rounds.
                  And here I thought it would go a full 12 rounds. Fury looked fantastic. Those last 3 rounds were like watching Fury hitting a punching bag. But Wilder was ready to die in there, and he was full class in the post fight interview. Gained my respect tonight.

But ya, like I said, a fully invested Tyson Fury is a dangerous man. I also think AJ puts up more of a fight than Wilder did tonight, not sure he has enough to beat this Fury.
                  Last edited by Joey; Sun Feb 23, 2020, 05:27 AM.

Comment

The TOP heavyweight in the division! Fury who? Joshua who?

I wonder what these look like after tonight?

Comment

I wonder what these look like after tonight?
                      Man leave me alone.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Man leave me alone.
                        Hahaha, hey man, like I said, Deontay gained a fan last night in his defeat. As soon as I saw his ear bleeding, I knew it was over ... and it basically was, but fucking Wilder hung around for another 3 god damn rounds just taking punch after punch. His corner did the right thing. He'll get his rematch, and we'll see how much the ear injury truly impacted his performance. I had him losing up until the ear shot, but never know with Wilder. Even when was wobblin' around in there, I was still worried he'd land just a single impact blow and take Fury out of his boots.

Comment

• How Wilder even got up in the third round is inexplicable let alone fight for four more rounds.

Anyway, I want Fury-Joshua at Wembley Stadium for all the belts. Then the trilogy fight. Bring back big time boxing.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            How Wilder even got up in the third round is inexplicable let alone fight for four more rounds.

Anyway, I want Fury-Joshua at Wembley Stadium for all the belts. Then the trilogy fight. Bring back big time boxing.
                            AJ was selling 90,000 tickets while fighting bums ... imagine what him and Fury does? Will definitely break box office records I think. Can't wait. AJ and Hearn are already calling for the fight to happen.

Comment

• Obviously, Fury vs Joshua is now "the fight". But I still want to see Wilder vs Joshua.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Obviously, Fury vs Joshua is now "the fight". But I still want to see Wilder vs Joshua.
                                Ya, I think all of those 3 need to fight each other. It's only right for the fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X