The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

Ya, I think all of those 3 need to fight each other. It's only right for the fans.
    I think one thing that people may be forgetting is that Joshua is naturally a much bigger fighter than Wilder. Wilder weighed his heaviest, coming in at 230. Joshua fought Tacam at 250lbs, and was still shredded. And he fights alot better on his heels than Wilder as well. Should be a great fight. Hopefully Wilder doesn't pick up his rematch clause. Lol

Comment

• Wilder is blaming ... wait for it ... waaaait for it ... HIS PRE-FIGHT COSTUME/ARMOR ... Yep ... said it was like 40lbs, and thus, he had no legs by the 3rd round ... yep ... man, right when I was ready to be a Wilder fan. Lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/deontay-wil...215534451.html

Comment

• This video is absolutely bananas. Canelo is so good:

Comment

• Tyson vs Roy Jones?! I don't care that they're like 60 .. will definitely still watch this.

Comment

Tyson vs Roy Jones?! I don't care that they're like 60 .. will definitely still watch this.
            Hell yeah! What a fun spectacle. Apparently Nate Robinson of NBA quasi-fame is fighting some YouTube guy I;ve never heard of (Jake Paul? Whoever he is) on the undercard? Sounds like it will be crazy.

Do fight fans on here think it will break 1 million PPV buys? 2 million?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Hell yeah! What a fun spectacle. Apparently Nate Robinson of NBA quasi-fame is fighting some YouTube guy I;ve never heard of (Jake Paul? Whoever he is) on the undercard? Sounds like it will be crazy.

Do fight fans on here think it will break 1 million PPV buys? 2 million?
              I've read those YouTube cards actually sold pretty well, so if they've got one of those guys (no idea if he's the important one or not), and no idea if they're any good, but might be able to sell this one into the million-ish for sure.

As for who do I got? Tyson is apparently the early betting favourite, but I think Roy Jones will still have some of that bounce in his step to dance around the older Tyson. My heart wants Tyson to win, but I'm taking Jones.
              Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 23, 2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• AJ vs Usyk 2 today! Who you got?

Comment

• It's been a couple of years since I commented in this forum. What do you think Joey you still think AJ can beat my guy Wilder? would AJ even take that fight especially after what Wilder did last night?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    It's been a couple of years since I commented in this forum. What do you think Joey you still think AJ can beat my guy Wilder? would AJ even take that fight especially after what Wilder did last night?

First things first, never thought Usyk would fight AJ before Fury or Wilder. Blew my mind. Let alone twice. I love Usyk as the Heavyfight Champ though! Just as much as AJ really.

That said, yes, I still think AJ beats Wilder. Really want to see that fight though. Obviously I feel about AJ like you did about Wilder after his beatings. I'm disappointed, but still think he bounces back. His next fight will be key. He needs a tune up like Wilder just got. Some bum that he can clown out of the ring in a round.

Fury vs Usyk is really tough for me. Fury is so much bigger, but Usyk is just so calm and such a stone cold killer.

AJ vs Wilder will sell better than Fury vs Usyk is my bet as well.

Comment

First things first, never thought Usyk would fight AJ before Fury or Wilder. Blew my mind. Let alone twice. I love Usyk as the Heavyfight Champ though! Just as much as AJ really.

That said, yes, I still think AJ beats Wilder. Really want to see that fight though. Obviously I feel about AJ like you did about Wilder after his beatings. I'm disappointed, but still think he bounces back. His next fight will be key. He needs a tune up like Wilder just got. Some bum that he can clown out of the ring in a round.

Fury vs Usyk is really tough for me. Fury is so much bigger, but Usyk is just so calm and such a stone cold killer.

AJ vs Wilder will sell better than Fury vs Usyk is my bet as well.
                      I don't know, the more I watch Joshua fight, the more i'm convince that Wilder would knock him out cold. All Wilder need to do is land one shot. That's it. Did you watch Fury/Wilder 3? Fury dominated that fight from the very beginning BUT Wilder still knocked him down twice lol. If that was AJ, would he be able to get up?

I think Wilder beats Usyk too. But yeah I agree AJ vs Wilder will sell better than Fury vs Usyk. That is really the one fight that I want to see along with Ryan Garcia vs Tank Davis. Unpopular opinion but I think Ryan beats Davis.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I don't know, the more I watch Joshua fight, the more i'm convince that Wilder would knock him out cold. All Wilder need to do is land one shot. That's it. Did you watch Fury/Wilder 3? Fury dominated that fight from the very beginning BUT Wilder still knocked him down twice lol. If that was AJ, would he be able to get up?

I think Wilder beats Usyk too. But yeah I agree AJ vs Wilder will sell better than Fury vs Usyk. That is really the one fight that I want to see along with Ryan Garcia vs Tank Davis. Unpopular opinion but I think Ryan beats Davis.
                        Ya, my buddy loves Tank, but I'm a big Ryan Garcia fan. Garcia is too smooth. Agreed.

Comment

Ya, my buddy loves Tank, but I'm a big Ryan Garcia fan. Garcia is too smooth. Agreed.
                          The problem that I have with Tank is he's 28 and has not fought a top 5 fighter in his division. It feels like Mayweather's protecting him. I watched his last 3 fights, and all three guys - Barrios, Cruz, Rolly(all terrible) were all outboxing him before they got knocked out. What if they put him against a killer like Haney or Loma or Shakur or a guy with power like Lopez or Garcia?

I think Davis is a little overhyped.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Old HBO documentary on Iron Mike:

An absolute legend!
                            I know a lot of people think Muhammad Alli is the best boxer in the world, but for me the best is Mike Tyson

Comment

• helderwieling wrote: View Post

An absolute legend!
                              I know a lot of people think Muhammad Alli is the best boxer in the world, but for me the best is Mike Tyson
                              Ali just had a lot of charisma on top of his results, and a lot more people were watching him back in the day. On the raw boxing abilities Mike completely overcomes him, I agree! Feeling like rewatching some of the Mike's post prison matches, he was an absolute monster back then(probably going to after the trip to the store, gotta get some new hunting gear before season and it's on sale rn).
                              Last edited by Robb0; Tue Aug 29, 2023, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Naoya Inoue. WOW. I think I found my new favorite boxer.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X