The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Calling it now, Josh Kelly out of UK is a future Champ and Star. And surprise surprise, Eddie Hearn has him in his stable.
    Dude's only 3-0 right now (all 3 fights coming in a 3 month span), but god damn, dude is a pleasure to watch fight, even if he is only fighting bums so far. Lol

His most recent one is just ridiculous:
    Josh Kelly. Flash fighter! Yeah. I like him. He's ready to move forward imo. Kelly's footwork, power, strong jabs and combination fluidity will be a nightmare for most opponents. But....

I'm bit worried about his style change since the Olympics. He was sharp as fuck as amateur. Calm down kid.

Comment

• CaneloGGG is sold out ($300-$5,000 tickets). MayMac wasn't even 75% sold out ($500-$10,000).

Interesting. I hope Canelo and GGG can piggy back off of this fight and get a PPV draw as well. Doubt it though, which sucks.

Comment

• I really hope people tune in to watch this fight. It's going to be a slobber knocker.

My money is on Alvarez.
        Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 30, 2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Alvarez?

GGG is so underrated, and imo is the best p4p fighter on the planet. I think he'd knock Alvarez out in 3 rounds.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Alvarez?

GGG is so underrated, and imo is the best p4p fighter on the planet. I think he'd knock Alvarez out in 3 rounds.
            He's the favourite to win and #2 p4p behind Andre Ward - not sure how you can say he's underrated. I'd say he's pretty fairly rated.

That said, his last fight really showed his age. Took him 12 rounds and a decision to beat Daniel Jacobs. Alvarez is much younger than GGG, has reach advantage on GGG, has plenty of top-notch experience, a MUCH better fighter than Jacobs, and punches ALOT harder as well. I think it'll be a great fight ... but ya, Canelo takes it.
            Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 30, 2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• What I mean by underrated is when people talk about who the best p4p in the world is, people always say Ward, or Lomachenko, Crawford, Canelo. I rarely see the name GGG. I think he's the best p4p fighter in the world.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

What I mean by underrated is when people talk about who the best p4p in the world is, people always say Ward, or Lomachenko, Crawford, Canelo. I rarely see the name GGG. I think he's the best p4p fighter in the world.
                And don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of GGG, but man .. Canelo is special.
                Still only 27, and fought Mayweather to a Majority decision as a 23 year old.

Comment

• AJ is set to fight Pulev in October apparently. Should be a good fight, but AJ takes it.

Comment

• Pretty sure every single one of these shots lands ... every one ... it's a beautiful thing.

Comment

• Add some nice hype to the fight (with a pretty cheesy setting.. Lol)
                      Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 30, 2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Suppose I saw that one coming. Haha No denying GGG is a bad man.

Comment

• So friggin Hyped.

Comment

• Watching some GGG/Canelo interviews. GGG cracks me up. The guy always starts with "this is boxing"

Blind date:

Woman: Tell me about yourself Gennady.
                              GGG: This is boxing.

LMAO
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Watching some GGG/Canelo interviews. GGG cracks me up. The guy always starts with "this is boxing"

Blind date:

Woman: Tell me about yourself Gennady.
                                GGG: This is boxing.

LMAO
                                "This is not game. This is boxing." LOL

Roy Jones contributing on this interview was a neat touch. One of the baddest mf'ers ever lived.
                                Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 12, 2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X