The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Still not fully convinced that Wilder will even be able to hit Fury with anything meaningful.
    Apparently Fury's speed and reflexes looked unharmed from his ballooning and shrinking magic trick he's pulled over the last year+.
    Fury would get knocked out in under 4 rounds.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Fury would get knocked out in under 4 rounds.
      I don't understand what makes you think Wilder will just walk through Fury? He's really not that good ... who has he beaten that's anywhere close to Fury's level?

Honest question: Have you ever actually watched Fury fight?
      Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 22, 2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I don't understand what makes you think Wilder will just walk through Fury? He's really not that good ...

Honest question: Have you ever actually watched Fury fight?

Wilder may well win it, but I don't see it happening. Especially not within 4 rounds.
        Fury is the most overrated boxer in the world. I just don't think much of him. I don't think he's any good. His biggest win was against a washed up Wladimir Klitschko.

Wilder imo is the 2nd best heavyweight boxer today. Dude is a knockout artist. All he need is to land 1 punch.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury is the most overrated boxer in the world. I just don't think much of him. I don't think he's any good. His biggest win was against a washed up Wladimir Klitschko.

Wilder imo is the 2nd best heavyweight boxer today. Dude is a knockout artist. All he need is to land 1 punch.
          Edited my post slightly ... who has Wilder beaten that's on the same level of Fury? Or even a "washed up Klitschko"?

Comment

Edited my post slightly ... who has Wilder beaten that's on the same level of Fury? Or even a "washed up Klitschko"?
            Good point. There are really only 2 good heavyweight fighters today though lol(AJ and Wilder)

Wilder just looked much more impressive to me everytime I watch him fight.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Good point. There are really only 2 good heavyweight fighters today though lol(AJ and Wilder)

Wilder just looked much more impressive to me everytime I watch him fight.
              Because he was fighting bums for the most part. Lol

Fury was very good before he turned into this ...

Now, perhaps I'm less sure, but he's still only 29 (Edit: nevermind he just turned 30.. still), and I believe he has enough natural talent to take him past Wilder, who really only knows how to punch hard. I'll be putting money on Fury anyway.
              Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 22, 2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• This is going to end up like the Mike Tyson/Francois Botha match. Not gonna be pretty.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is going to end up like the Mike Tyson/Francois Botha match. Not gonna be pretty.
                  Well, with that confidence I hope you're putting money down! Lol

Comment

• So YouTubers created a $10 ppv boxing event last Saturday. KSI v Logan Paul. Media outlets say they generated £150M.

What the fuck?
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 27, 2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      So YouTubers created a $10 ppv boxing event last Saturday. KSI v Logan Paul. Media outlets say they generated £150M.

What the fuck?
                      Lol Yep ... Their fan bases is all like 10-15 year olds ... and they hyped it like crazy. PPV was done over YouTube as well. Ruled a "Draw" so they can have a rematch, which is already booked I believe.

As much as these overhyped messes (see McGregor vs Mayweather) set boxing back a step, at least we are starting to see some consistent and regular LEGIT high profile boxing matches again push it forward.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 27, 2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• GGG vs Canelo 2 this weekend!! Money's on a Canelo Decision.

AJ vs Povetkin next weekend. Money's on a AJ knock out. Obviously. Lol

Comment

• Comment

• I love GGG too much, gonna be rooting for him this weekend. Man has a chin of steel.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• First of all, GGG won the 1st fight. He got robbed.

Second, I can't stand that juicehead Canelo and his promoter De La Hoya.

Really hoping GGG win on saturda.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

First of all, GGG won the 1st fight. He got robbed.

Second, I can't stand that juicehead Canelo and his promoter De La Hoya.

Really hoping GGG win on saturda.
                                It really wasn't a "robbery" in my opinion - it was just a razor thin fight. The only reason it was so controversial was the 118-110 score from the one judge, which was obviously ridiculous. But ya, I watched it again not long ago, and ya .. just a really close fight. Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X