No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, announcing AJ vs WK at Wembley ... Klitschko shouldn't actually speak though, considering he sounds like Borat. Haha He should just stand there and look intimidating.

Comment

• Joshua vs Klitschko. April 29th. At fucking Wembley stadium. I'm getting tickets. This is amazing.

79k attendance.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Nice, announcing AJ vs WK at Wembley ... Klitschko shouldn't talk though ... he sounds like Borat. Haha
        Yeah this has gone full WWE

Comment

• Congrats to Eddie Hearn as well though .. that will easily be his biggest promotion.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Joshua vs Klitschko. April 29th. At fucking Wembley stadium. I'm getting tickets. This is amazing.

79k attendance.
            Hearn was saying 90,000. That's INSANE. I wish I could go. AJ is the future.

Comment

Congrats to Eddie Hearn as well though .. that will easily be his biggest promotion.
              yeah loads of opportunities opened when AJ became a pro. Eddie is a good promoter imo

Comment

yeah loads of opportunities opened when AJ became a pro. Eddie is a good promoter imo
                Ya for sure. He's definitely one of the "good guys" in one of the sleaziest businesses around.

Comment

Hearn was saying 90,000. That's INSANE. I wish I could go. AJ is the future.
                  It could be 90k, yeah mate cuz the ring is smaller than football pitch lol. I've been to Wembley once when England's soccer team was playing, max. attendance was 79k I believe

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

They're going to need to start trash talking one another if they want to sell any tickets ... or no?... Haha

Comment

They're going to need to start trash talking one another if they want to sell any tickets ... or no?... Haha
                          Not likely IMO. I know they'll start trash talking, that's just part of the boxing, but tickets are going on sale next week and i'm pretty sure I'll be lucky if I get few for me and my mates. Those events @ Wembley are marketed and organized so well, you need to contact 3rd parties to get your tickets you need.

Comment

Not likely IMO. I know they'll start trash talking, that's just part of the boxing, but tickets are going on sale next week and i'm pretty sure I'll be lucky if I get few for me and my mates. Those events @ Wembley are marketed and organized so well, you need to contact 3rd parties to get your tickets you need.
                            So awesome you even have a chance! But ya, I was mostly kidding. Lol Seems like UFCs only draw attention if there's a certain level of animosity... or Conor. But I mean, people are saying Boxing is dead, but this new Heavy Weight division, plus GGG, Canelo, etc. I'd say its almost better off than the Mayweather-Pacqaio era, especially if Joshua can really start dominating everyone like I think he can, and if we get the GGG-v-Canelo fight that De La Hoya is promising this year as well, man oh man.

Comment

So awesome you even have a chance! But ya, I was mostly kidding. Lol Seems like UFCs only draw attention if there's a certain level of animosity... or Conor. But I mean, people are saying Boxing is dead, but this new Heavy Weight division, plus GGG, Canelo, etc. I'd say its almost better off than the Mayweather-Pacqaio era, especially if Joshua can really start dominating everyone like I think he can, and if we get the GGG-v-Canelo fight that De La Hoya is promising this year as well, man oh man.
                              Well I got an internship in England, so I'm here for few more months. I can't miss this fight!

It's funny how everyone spoke about boxing as dying sport. Brits attitude was different mate. Their arenas are always packed, and talent is above average. Obviously AJ changed everything, but Brits kept investing in Boxing and in my opinion, they're receiving dividends at the moment. Good stuff.

Comment

and if we get the GGG-v-Canelo fight that De La Hoya is promising this year as well, man oh man.
                                Yup I saw his interview on the First Take. I doubt there's anyone who could beat GGG, but that would amazing! Although I'm still very skeptical about this fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X