Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Green

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jeff Green

    I've heard that he might be available. I think he would be a great fit on this team. A good two way player. That's not too ball dominant. Boston is obviously tanking hopefully the asking price isn't high. Would like to see this kind of move at deadline. Since tanking is out of the order.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  • #2
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I've heard that he might be available. I think he would be a great fit on this team. A good two way player. That's not too ball dominant. Boston is obviously tanking hopefully the asking price isn't high. Would like to see this kind of move at deadline. Since tanking is out of the order.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clearly the asking price will be high if they're tanking...They'll want a 1st rounder at least (and who knows what else).

    And apart from that, it's a terrible move financially. The team would add 9.2 million in each of the next two seasons, making it more difficult to make moves, while probably not providing a huge on-court lift for this team.

    I don't think Masai will make any moves that add long-term money. This season has been about trying to clean up the mess BC made in terms of our cap-flexibility moving forward. Masai also seems to want to stockpile assets. Trading for Green would likely be a step backward on both these fronts. And I can't see it having a huge impact on the team. Maybe a slight positive impact, but that's not a good enough reason to pull the trigger.

    Comment


    • #3
      He's not worth his salary. He makes $8.7M this season and is signed through the next two seasons. If you could get him for Hayes and Novak (would be done as two deals), at least the money would be less of a concern up front. Pass.

      Comment


      • #4
        CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        He's not worth his salary. He makes $8.7M this season and is signed through the next two seasons. If you could get him for Hayes and Novak (would be done as two deals), at least the money would be less of a concern up front. Pass.
        I was thinking more Novak/Fields lol


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

        Comment


        • #5
          I like Green.. solid player. The problem as indicated above is he makes too much money. A trade I see Boston doing would be Green for Salmons and a future protected pick. The Celtics can waive Salmons for $1M next season so they can get further below the cap.. and it further helps their tank.

          The problem is the Raptors will be over the cap again and if they resign Lowry have lost all their flexibility gained from the Gay trade. Is a core of Lowry/DD/Green/Amir/JV/Ross good for the next 2-3 years? I don't think it is.

          One benefit to having Green on the roster though is that he's friends with Durant

          Green for DD could be something I would consider though. However if we were to trade DD I think we could do better.

          Comment


          • #6
            CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            He's not worth his salary. He makes $8.7M this season and is signed through the next two seasons. If you could get him for Hayes and Novak (would be done as two deals), at least the money would be less of a concern up front. Pass.
            I wouldn't say he's not worth his salary. Paying around 9 million for a legit starting forward who has decent all-around skills would be fine if you were adding him as the last piece to a great team. But he's not a building block you start with.

            Comment


            • #7
              He'll have Gerald Wallace in tow with him for sure!
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

              Comment


              • #8
                Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                He'll have Gerald Wallace in tow with him for sure!
                Nah, think Wallace is the extra load attached to Rondo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Nah, think Wallace is the extra load attached to Rondo.
                  Rondo doesn't need any attachments bro. He's a legit all-star with plenty of juice left! Green is a bit tougher to move (though I don't get the whole he's got a shitty salary. I think he's salary is fair).
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've never understood the big draw to Jeff Green.

                    He doesn't move the needle.
                    @sweatpantsjer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wonder if his ticker is fine too. He is streaky and was a 3rd option on a good team (OKC). Is that what the Raps are looking for? Ainge is a stingy/tough trader who doesnt like to lose. He wanted to move Green for Asik and Morey (another toughie who knows value) passed. Let MU deal with the softies

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hypothetically speaking, if we were to do a straight swap of DD for Green, are we a better team?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Nah, think Wallace is the extra load attached to Rondo.
                          This. If you want Rondo, not only will you have to fork out a decent young player and draft pick(s) or expirings, but you'll also have to take on Wallace's contract in order to make the deal go through.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Green is okay. Depends on what the asking price for him is. I think we can do better with whatever cap space we'll have. Also remember, we have QO's to Ross, Valanciunas, Vazuez and Patterson upcoming. Plus what are we going to do with Lowry? So with that being said, we won't have much money at our disposal.
                            Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Jan 21st, 2014, 08:36 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Hypothetically speaking, if we were to do a straight swap of DD for Green, are we a better team?
                              Poor Demar's taking a beating. But to answer your question, it's a wash.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X