No announcement yet.

Jeff Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its the opposite Thad Young is used to being a third or fourth option and he played with ball hog Evans. Jeff Green is a first or second option.Thad is a small 3 playing the 4 vs big 3 Green but otherwise the same player.But signing either could block off future cap space for better choices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Jeff Green only was a primary option on rebuilding Boston. Otherwise he has usually been more of a third option at best. And since he can shoot better than Young , you can use him off the ball.

Philly tried developing Young as a 3 earlier in his career with little success. He played better as their primary bench option at PF where he could get more touches in the mid post in isos. And this year as a 1st/2nd option with Turner also getting to run most of their O before being traded.

Green has played mostly at SF, and is capable of playing small ball 4. He also has shown the ability to play a secondary role. Also he doesn't really have an injury history. He had a freak heart issue. He has been very durable otherwise.

I don't think one is really a better player than the other, but I think Green fits better with the current makeup of our team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not sure either is worth a multi year commitment. Use Fields and Ross for one year free up cap space then pursue Durant or Wiggins. Basically keep options open Green and Young aren't difference makers.

Comment

I'm not sure what Boston would want for Green.

Actually, I'm sure cap relief and a 1st round draft pick would suffice.

Personally, I would not give up much.... definitely not their first round pick.

Salmons and 2 second round picks would be about it for me.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure either is worth a multi year commitment. Use Fields and Ross for one year free up cap space then pursue Durant or Wiggins. Basically keep options open Green and Young aren't difference makers.

Young/Green's contracts both expire in 2016. Picking them up would not hinder their cap space in 2016 when Durant is a free agent. It could in 2015 when someone like Love is available so I'd agree from that point of view. However the cap will be going up by $5M as well.

Comment

Just Salmons maybe enough. But if they get green DD TRoss will lose playing time unless we go small with Green at the 4

Comment

If the idea is to get someone till 2016, then Thad Young doesn't seem like the best target. He's young, healthy, Philly doesn't need cap space, surely he would cost some very juicy assets.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I'm not sure what Boston would want for Green.

Actually, I'm sure cap relief and a 1st round draft pick would suffice.

Personally, I would not give up much.... definitely not their first round pick.

Salmons and 2 second round picks would be about it for me.
                  I'm sure the first bold would be enough. And I think the 2nd might be quite doable at this point, in essence cap relief + 2nd rd pick(s). The impression I get is since Boston already is loaded with 1st rounders, their priority would be clearing capspace to help them in other pursuits. Also part of that impression is that they've probably been trying to get a 1st rounder for Green for a while, and may be satisfied now with a deal that focuses on cap relief.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I'm sure the first bold would be enough. And I think the 2nd might be quite doable at this point, in essence cap relief + 2nd rd pick(s). The impression I get is since Boston already is loaded with 1st rounders, their priority would be clearing capspace to help them in other pursuits. Also part of that impression is that they've probably been trying to get a 1st rounder for Green for a while, and may be satisfied now with a deal that focuses on cap relief.
                    That is a good point.

If they could have received a 1st for him, he'd likely already be gone.

1st round picks are so valuable now.

I read a rumour that no one offered more than a 2nd round pick for Pau Gasol. I find this interesting considering Phoenix were one of the rumoured teams and they would have had a pick in the 25-30 range (Indiana's) to trade (plus huge expiring contract of Okafor) and did not.... if rumour is true of course.

Comment

Boston doesn't have any 2nd round picks this year either. Their pick is going to Dallas.

Comment

I hate name changing. So confusing.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          I hate name changing. So confusing.
                          Sorry dude.

Something I wanted to do for a long time.

Didn't realize it could be done until recently.

Comment

Working...
                          X