Tor-Min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Min

My first ever trade thread! Posted this on another thread, but I wanted to try it out here as well:

To Minnesota: DeMar, Amir, Psycho-T, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, 2 second round picks.

To Toronto: Kevin Love, Corey Brewer

THIS TRADE IS PREFACED ON THE NOTION that Minnesota does not believe they can re-sign K Love after next year, and are trying to extract maximum value for him. A snag in this trade, as it stands, is that the Wolves already have K-Mart at the 2. But, he is on the downside of his career, and if they could stomach bringing him off the bench (which, at only $7M per, is conceivable) then they'd have a pseudo-star starting at the 2 in DeMar.

Amir fills in as their new starting 4. Handsbro gives them a bruiser off the bench, which they currently lack. Trading Brewer opens up some time for Mohammed (and I should add that Brewer/Budinger/Mohammed are all interchangeable; all that matters is that Minny sends back A wing player).

After the trade, Toronto looks like:

PG - Lowry, Gravy Train

SG - T-Ross, Brewer/Lowry/Gravy, Fields

SF - Salmons, Brewer, Novak

PF - Love, PatPat

C - Val, Hayes

Who says no? (And remember, Minny thinks Love is leaving.)
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    My first ever trade thread! Posted this on another thread, but I wanted to try it out here as well:

To Minnesota: DeMar, Amir, Psycho-T, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, 2 second round picks.

To Toronto: Kevin Love, Corey Brewer

THIS TRADE IS PREFACED ON THE NOTION that Minnesota does not believe they can re-sign K Love after next year, and are trying to extract maximum value for him. A snag in this trade, as it stands, is that the Wolves already have K-Mart at the 2. But, he is on the downside of his career, and if they could stomach bringing him off the bench (which, at only $7M per, is conceivable) then they'd have a pseudo-star starting at the 2 in DeMar.

Amir fills in as their new starting 4. Handsbro gives them a bruiser off the bench, which they currently lack. Trading Brewer opens up some time for Mohammed (and I should add that Brewer/Budinger/Mohammed are all interchangeable; all that matters is that Minny sends back A wing player).

After the trade, Toronto looks like:

PG - Lowry, Gravy Train

SG - T-Ross, Brewer/Lowry/Gravy, Fields

SF - Salmons, Brewer, Novak

PF - Love, PatPat

C - Val, Hayes

Who says no? (And remember, Minny thinks Love is leaving.)
    Love is going to bolt Toronto. Don't want to risk it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
      Love is going to bolt Toronto. Don't want to risk it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
      Yup, that's the gamble.

But, given that TL seems to be a verrrrrry persuasive gentleman, and given that Love is one of the top talents in the NBA AND is about to enter his prime, I think it's a gamble you take. Because a Lowry-Ross-Love-Val core would be a contender, IMO.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'll take it but... make sure there are protections on that 2016 pick because this trade could seriously backfire, hehe.

Overall, I think you have to take risks like that. There's no 'risk free' way to go from a mediocre team with some upside to a legit contender. You have to win big somehow, either in the draft, or in free agency, or in trades.

You can keep adding pieces for several years, but sooner or later you have to try to consolidate that talent.

Either way, Leiweke and Ujiri would do their homework before making that trade and have a better feel for the situation than we do. There would be Pinkertons sifting through Love's and his agent's trash and emails, studying their views about Toronto.

As for Minnesota, I don't know if they'll trade Love or try to re-sign him. And who knows what other teams would offer. If the Lakers get a high pick in 2014 and draft Wiggins / Exum, etc, do they offer him for Kevin Love? Who knows. So that side is way too speculative to judge.

Comment

Working...
        X