X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-cle

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k96asv4

To Cleveland:

2016 1st Round pick (worst pick of the two)
    Steve Novak
    Chuck Hayes

To Toronto:

Varejao

Cleveland gets a first rounder and short term contracts. With a Core of Irving, Waiters, TT, Bennet and Zeller, Varejao is expendable. His injury history limits his value, so I think this is fair compensation.

The Raptors get a big aggressive player we need to compete against the bigger front lines. Well he doesn't add a lot of offensive punch, we can still have him starting along side Jonas when matchups dictate, and come off the bench the majority of the time. With our depth at PF (Amir, PP, TH) I think we can let him play limited minutes and ensure he's healthy for when it counts.
    Last edited by saints91; Thu Feb 13, 2014, 02:07 PM.

Wow, not one comment lol

Comment

Not sure I'd give up a 1st round pick for Varejao. And not sure Cleveland wants anything to do with Hayes, though I can see them maybe having interest in Novak.

My concerns are mostly about health/durability/age. If I'm giving up a 1st round pick, I'd prefer it to be for someone who could have a long-term place here in Toronto. Varejao is 31, with one more year on his contract if team wants it, has had injury and health issues (though I hardly hold a blood clot against him). Where does he fit in long-term? Does he? Will he be cheap enough in a backup role after his current deal runs out, and will he be able to live up to it?

If you could make it happen with different pieces (ie. no 1st round pick), I'd be all for it. And if you could do that and get rid of Hayes, I'd be thrilled.

Comment

Well, Varejao is one of the Cavs few good players, and they want to make the playoffs. I don't think the Cavs would take it.

As for the Raptors, I wouldn't mind it, nor would I mind if Ujiri refused it.
        I'm generally opposed to trading picks for win-now assets. But it's a pretty good deal for the Raptors. I like Varejao and I like the fit, and there are pretty significant cap savings. 3.75 mil cap in 2015-16 + 5.5 mil cap this summer if he's cut.

Comment

Working...
        X