Raptors receive: Greg Monroe, Tim Hardaway Jr., Jeff Teague
    Raptors trade: Kyle Lowry, Buycks, Hayes

Pistons Trade: Monroe, Kaldwell-Pope
    Pistons receive: Shumpert, Felton, and Metta World Peace

Knicks receive: Kyle Lowry, Kaldwell-Pope
    Knicks trade: Tim Hardaway Jr. Shumpert, Felton, Peace

Hawks receive: Chuck Hayes, Dwight Buycks, TOR 2nd rounder
    Hawks Trade: Jeff Teague

Why the Raptors do it: We immediately address our biggest issue by getting a budding star PF in Greg Monroe. People say that he is a natural centre, but he can shine in T.O. as JV continues to grow and become a more impactful defensive anchor. The Raptors can We also get Tim Hardaway Jr. I believe this guy will become something special in this league, and he can be a lethal 6th man for us this year. With Teague, the potential truly exists for the Raptors to go deeper into the playoffs this year. Teague brings defensive grit, offensive explosiveness, and playmaking to the table alongside his playoff experience. His efficiency can increase by becoming the 3rd or 4th option behind Derozan, Monroe, and JV/Ross. Raptors retain their core big men, and move Amir to the second unit where he has always excelled.

Why the Pistons do it: They won't start winning games until they remove Monroe from their starting line up. Josh Smith plays better at the 4, while Drummond has become a fantastic centre. He simply needs that space to operate, and the Pistons have plenty of other bigs who will compliment Drummond (stretch 4's). They also bring in some grit and some (potentially) explosive options. Shumpert is a perfect compliment for Jennings with his defence and offensive potential. Felton can be a viable back up for Jennings, which gives Detriot more flexibility to trade Stuckey. They also get Metta World Peace, who can fit into their new starting 5 as a defensive presence and 3 point shooter at the SF position.

Why the Knicks do it: The Knicks roster isn't working, and they need a leader to help turn their season around. They get the best point guard in the East; Kyle Lowry. He will make the Knicks much better with his all around capability of leading a team. Kyle Lowry benefits immensely because he will get to play for a big market team, and if he can lead them to the playoffs with Melo, he can expect big time offers in the summer during free agency. Lowry has been disrespected so much, and by playing for the Knicks, he can shine and earn some positive press by bringing his winning ways to the Knicks. Kaldwell Pope has plenty of potential as well, and can fit into the starting SG spot nicely.

Why the Hawks do it: They are in desperate need of interior defence with Horford out, and Hayes keeps their playoff hopes alive by becoming a great veteran presence and defender behind Antic. Buycks gets to back up Schroeder and he provides some scoring off the bench alongside Williams for them. It is clear that the Hawks want to give the reigns to Denis Schroeder, and they get the opportunity to bring in another pg via Toronto's second rounder which they will receive.
    Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Mon Feb 17, 2014, 11:30 PM.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

there is no way that the hawks do this. Its also too good to be true for the raps... they trade lowry, buycks and hayes for monroe, THJR, and teague, haha i wish.

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
      there is no way that the hawks do this. Its also too good to be true for the raps... they trade lowry, buycks and hayes for monroe, THJR, and teague, haha i wish.
      Yeah, I am guessing Atlanta would probably want Ross, Hardaway Jr., or Shumpert for this to be fair.

I guess this shows how valuable Kyle Lowry has been to us this season; we would need players like Monroe and Teague to make up for his absence.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada

Comment

Pistons say no as well, not sure they'd move KCP for Shumpert. Maybe they would, since it seems KCP is in the coach's dog house at the moment. But if I look at talent, age, health, contracts, I'd rather have KCP than Shumpert.
        Anyway, the rest of that deal (for the Pistons) is Greg Monroe for bad contracts, so obviously they would hang up. For them to consider, Shumpert would have to be a much better asset than KCP and he's just not.

Hawks say no.
        Raptors get too much (not that Lowry isn't great, but he's a 2 month rental).
        Knicks probably say no as well, I'm not sure about that, but Tim Hardaway has been pretty awesome for a rookie, I doubt they'd give him up for a rental.

Comment

Haha I tried :P This would be awesome if it happened though.

The only way a trade like this could ever go down would have to be if some of the teams (NYK, DET) are desperate.

New York wants Lowry badly, and knowing MU, he is going to make them pay heavily if they really want him. Detriot, on the other hand, has put so much into their roster and their team has been disappointing this season, simply because Monroe and Drummond cannot co exist.

Atlanta isn't desperate, but they could use a better SG, and reports have been going around saying that Shumpert has been a target for them.

All in all, this would be a dream come true for the Raptors because I really think it will elevate us immensely.

Lets see what happens between now and the trade deadline.

Comment

That is... incredibly complex. I'm all for this fantasy deal tho lol
            @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
            X