Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaiah Thomas available?

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/c.../trade-chatter

Hmmmm. Intriguing. Who would you offer for this guy? I would consider offering our first round pick this year for him plus maybe Ross?
    Welp, that sucked.

No thanks, he's another shoot first point guard who wouldn't want to come off the bench. And not worth ross or our first round pick.

Comment

First Round Pick? Terrence Ross? for Isaiah Thomas? Are you serious? come on man.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

His stats might look good, but I don't want him. Mike James 2.0

Comment

I would think he has first round pick value- He's a 24 year old PG averaging 20 and 6 shooting 44%. I just don't think we should be the ones to get him
          @Boymusic66

Comment

Mister irrelevant traded for a 1st round pick? Wow. Isaiah has done some work to get that value. If he has improved that much, for the amount he gets paid, there's no point for the Kings to move him. You keep that type of value. This sounds more like a bogus rumor to me.

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
              I would think he has first round pick value- He's a 24 year old PG averaging 20 and 6 shooting 44%. I just don't think we should be the ones to get him
              He's their starting PG. Begs the Q...why do they want to peddle him? Who are they going to replace him with?

Comment

It makes sense to me that they'd be looking to trade him. Because he's a second-rounder coming up on free-agency, he's going to be eligible for the sort of poison-pill offer-sheets that we saw for Fields, Asik, and Lin. Some team could put them in a position of losing him for nothing or retaining him for a contract that's absurdly back-loaded, totally wrecking their salary structure. Any team trading for him would be in the same risky scenario. Which is the reason I don't want the Raptors to go after him unless the pricetag does not include any long-term assets (so definitely no Ross and no draft pick). It makes more sense for him to go to a team that either feels they can handle that potential large back-loaded contract, or a team that needs him for this playoff run and isn't worried about retaining him for the future.

Comment

Not the type of PG I want, no thanks.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    He's their starting PG. Begs the Q...why do they want to peddle him? Who are they going to replace him with?
                    I think it has to do with the issues of Gay picking up his option.

If he does they are about $68M not including their high 1st round pick cap hold (likely $3M) plus another 2 roster spots needed (minimum) and that doesn't even include any salary Thomas might receive.

I would not mind him off the bench at all instead of Vasquez. It is not like Vasquez is a defensive stopper and Thomas will at least stay in front of his man. Thomas probably wouldn't want to come off the bench though.

Comment

PS how bad does that bulls trade look now? They gave up Thomas, Salmons, Sanders, and Sacre for Joe Alexander, Hakim Warrick, and Kevin Seraphin.

They gave up a combined: 32 PPG, 8.3 APG, 11.5 RPG, 2.6 SPG, and 2.9 BPG
                      For: 19.1 PPG, 2 APG, 9.1 RPG, 1 SPG, and 1.5 BPG

Took in 5.6 million, gave out 5.1 mil
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

If he does they are about $68M not including their high 1st round pick cap hold (likely $3M) plus another 2 roster spots needed (minimum) and that doesn't even include any salary Thomas might receive.

I would not mind him off the bench at all instead of Vasquez. It is not like Vasquez is a defensive stopper and Thomas will at least stay in front of his man. Thomas probably wouldn't want to come off the bench though.
                        Actually that Thornton trade saves them a couple million but they are still a tax team with the cap hold of 1st round pick..... let alone any offer Thomas might receive.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Vasquez is no stopper, but he give us a different look at 6'6" and has a better game in the half court that Thomas. Thomas might keep guys infront of him, but having to go against bigger PG's he just does not have teh bulk and length to be a stopper either.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                            [/B]

Vasquez is no stopper, but he give us a different look at 6'6" and has a better game in the half court that Thomas. Thomas might keep guys infront of him, but having to go against bigger PG's he just does not have teh bulk and length to be a stopper either.
                            Eh, maybe - lol

I'm biased. I paid $87 for him in Dynasty and called him starting over Vasquez haha

Comment

LOL Gay playing well but still giving the Kings troubles with his salary...what an anchor.

Comment

Working...
                              X