Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have interest in Perry Jones III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have interest in Perry Jones III?

He's 6'11, 235 pounds and can play the SF/PF/C. I think we might be able to get him from OKC. I read that he's one of the few NBA players who can keep Lebron in front of him. His stats aren't what you'd like to see because of his lack of playing time. He could be a starter here over Ross. Plus, I'm betting OKC would like a capable PF like Patterson to fill in for Ibaka when he goes down with some sort of injury like he has now.

Now obviously a trade would need to happen.

I'd say: Patrick Patterson and/or Nando De Colo for Perry Jones III+29th pick+TPE

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jordan Evans; Wed May 21, 2014, 05:51 PM.

I think you're overpaying hugely for a bench player who has gotten next to no playing time. We don't need to give up pieces for PJ3 if we want him. Cash or a future second-rounder.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see OKC ask a team to take on Perkins' salary, if they want at either or their youngsters (PJIII & Lamb). I think OKC is pretty high on him and he's still a good prospect on rookie-scale contract.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised to see OKC ask a team to take on Perkins' salary, if they want at either or their youngsters (PJIII & Lamb). I think OKC is pretty high on him and he's still a good prospect on rookie-scale contract.
        If they make us take Perkins back i want either their 21 and 29, or their 21 and 2016 first, or they take chucky and we get 21
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I have interest, but I agree with @magoon that you probably don't need to give up a piece like Patman to get him. They also don't need Pat at all since they've got Ibaka.

OKC probably still likes him, but if you can give them a serviceable player at a position they need that's probably enough. Or some collection of filler/cash and a 2nd rd pick.

Comment

Salmons + hansborough = Perkins + perry jones 3rd + 1st round pick
            Okc small market team keeps Hansborough and saves 6 million in cap space.

Comment

Isaiah Austin, an early entrant also from Baylor University, could be described as Perry Jones IV.

Comment

Perry Jones has a medical problem that caused him to drop in the draft. Google the details but he is a timebomb.

Comment

Working...
                X