X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teague and Dieng for Ibaka, McCaw and SJ

Teague and Dieng for Ibaka, McCaw and SJ

https://tradenba.com/trades/buNrty3kb

Adds real point guard depth/insurance and I think Dieng + Boucher off the bench would be terrifying. Before you assume Ibaka provides better spacing you need to realize Dieng is a better 3pt shooter than Ibaka despite being 20lbs heavier and 2 inches taller.

Also, Lowry + Teague would be an interesting look making VanVleet and Teague interchangeable as guards. Hell, you could even start Lowry with Powell and have Teague and VanVleet come off the bench and roast teams.

I don't know if all this would cost us a pick in the process but I think it's worth a phonecall.

I don't really know why Minny would make this deal. Who plays point after Napier? McCaw? I think Minny is trying to make the playoffs.

Teague is not a good player anymore and we're already pretty saturated at the guard spot (when healthy). I like that he's an expiring and if it's a move to simply dump McCaw and SJ's contracts then that would be a win for me.

I looked up Dieng's stats.. He's not as good around the rim as Serge is, but he's pretty much even. Similar defensive stats. Better TRB% (slightly). I like that he's cheaper and has a guaranteed deal for next year.. so we don't have to worry about the backup big spot next season.

Personally I'd be looking to get at least a pick back for Serge, than to do a salary dump if we traded him. Our 2020 cap space is sort of irrelevant since Masai is gearing up for 2021. Whether that's held by SJ, McCaw or someone else.. that's fine really. Teague won't make or break this team even though he would be better than McCaw is.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't really know why Minny would make this deal. Who plays point after Napier? McCaw? I think Minny is trying to make the playoffs.

Teague is not a good player anymore and we're already pretty saturated at the guard spot (when healthy). I like that he's an expiring and if it's a move to simply dump McCaw and SJ's contracts then that would be a win for me.

I looked up Dieng's stats.. He's not as good around the rim as Serge is, but he's pretty much even. Similar defensive stats. Better TRB% (slightly). I like that he's cheaper and has a guaranteed deal for next year.. so we don't have to worry about the backup big spot next season.

Personally I'd be looking to get at least a pick back for Serge, than to do a salary dump if we traded him. Our 2020 cap space is sort of irrelevant since Masai is gearing up for 2021. Whether that's held by SJ, McCaw or someone else.. that's fine really. Teague won't make or break this team even though he would be better than McCaw is.

Great analysis planet mars, although I do think you are undervaluing what Teague brings to this team offensively. Teague's OWS and WS/48 are very impressive and his ability to distribute the ball is still at a premier level. He is also a former all-star with veteran experience and if you 'player compare' him to VanVleet, his shooting and passing stats are on par. Plus he can dunk so he would be an interesting look at SG and he's probably still pretty hungry for a ring, too. And even if Minnesota is trying to make a playoff appearance they would still be very competitive after this trade.
      I love Dieng's contract too and I honestly think this trade puts us right there competing for another championship this year.

Lastly, Minny does it for 2 young bench players with potential and an expiring contract for 1 old bench player and an expiring contract. Maybe they even snag a pick to help their rebuilding squad. And I would think they would hand the starting PG role over to Culver immediately.
      So something like:
      starters- Culver, Wiggins, Covington, Ibaka, KAT.
      bench - Napier, McCaw, Okogie SJ, Bell.. or something IDK.
      Last edited by c-troop; Tue Jan 7, 2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X