Raptors/Suns/Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors/Suns/Bulls

This trade proposal could not be completed until September 1 as Lou Williams cannot be combined with another player in a trade until after August 30.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qghbqbv

Suns Trade: Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee, Archie Goodwin, Dionte Christmas (non-guaranteed)

Suns Receive: Taj Gibson, 2016 Raptors First Round Pick (top 8 protected, if not given would convey the lesser of our two 2016 first rounders), and Archie Goodwin

Why for Suns:

The Suns are currently debating an offer sheet for Greg Monroe. Assuming they miss on him, they are looking for additional front court help. Gibson would add athleticism and needed defense on a more manageable contract than Monroe would demand.

Bulls Trade: Taj Gibson

Bulls Receive: Lou Williams and Tyler Hansbrough

Why for Bulls:
    Chicago desperately needs some additional help on the wing. Lou would make a solid pairing with Jimmy Butler and give them a much better SG option than resigning Hinrich.
    Gibson is an expensive bench option with the additions of Pau and Mirotic and is expendable for that reason. Hansbrough comes in as a cheaper front court option to bring off the bench with some grit.
    Christmas would be waived.

Raptors Trade: Williams, Hansbrough, and 2016 Raptors First Round Pick (top 8 protected, if not given would convey the lesser of our two 2016 first rounders)

Raptors Receive: Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee, Archie Goodwin

Why for Raptors:
    Toronto uses a few assets who could see minimal minutes, for a young and improving backup center and the hometown boy, Ennis.
    Solves the need for a backup center and a third point guard without sacrificing any significant rotation players from last year. It does cost us a future first, but adds two young pieces for now and the future.

Thoughts?

I think Chicago and Toronto would do this trade, but am torn on Phoenix.

*Apologies for any spelling mistakes. Wrote this up on my phone.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

The Bulls won't trade Taj Gibson for two scrubs.

Also, it doesn't make much sense for the Suns. They already have two PFs. Why would they trade their starting center and two more talented youngsters for Taj Gibson?

Comment

I don't see the Suns trading Plumlee. Ennis is definitely a player I suspect they would trade, but that all depends on what happens with Bledsoe. The suns would benefit greatly from obtaining Monroe since he would fit their uptempo system perfectly, but any trade involving Plumlee and Ennis would likely involve an expensive price tag.

Gibson is an integral component of Chicago's core, and given Gasol's age as well as Mirotic's yet-to-be-made transition to NBA Basketball, he is likely going to be playing heavy minutes for the Bulls.

I also would suspect that the Bulls would be weary of trading for a player like Williams who has suffered an ACL injury. They did sign Aaron Brooks, and also have Tony Snell who is likely going to be playing consistent bench minutes this season.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Too much to give up for the Bulls!

Comment

No chance Chicago does this. And I don't think we should get another developing center, we're already developing JV and Bebe.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
            Too much to give up for the Bulls!
            If tenfor doesn't like your trade suggestion. You know its nuts.

Comment

If you want to discuss all important topics in a relaxed atmosphere, go here. There's nothing better than a good haircut and a talk about the last sports match to get the day off to a great start.

Comment

I also really enjoy reading this very good post. I don't get the chance to see something like this very often quordle

Comment

Thanks for these wonderful shares. Explore basket random and conquer every basketball match.

Comment

Working...
                  X