76ers/Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76ers/Raptors

If we had to trade Lowry... and trust me, I want him to stay. I wouldn’t mind something along these lines.

to 76ers - Lowry, Powell
    to Raptors - Harris, Thybulle, 1st round pick

reason for 76ers- they bolster their lineup with Lowry, and still get off of Harris’s bad contract... we get the first round pick for that reason.plus I’m a big Thybullle fan.

reason for the Raps - let Lowry go home and be on a contending team. Powell will give them extra firepower off the bench. We get a first round pick and a young prospect. Yes, we take on Harris’s contract, but if we are going to build the rest of our team through the draft, cap room isn’t that much of a worry.

Baynes, Boucher, Len
    Siakam, OG, Harris,
    OG, Harris, ...
    Thybulle, FVV, Thomas, TD
    FVV, Flynn, McCaw

With the probability of getting a high draft pick this year we could add a good/great talent to this core. We build from this base, which isn’t half bad.

When my head clears and I am ready to trade Lowry.. I would want far more than a pick in the high 20's if possible. Thybulle is okay but is just a role player.. not much upside. Harris' contract isn't great. Maybe it can be flipped in a year or two and that might make it worth it.. but I think Philly likes him a lot.

Comment

Question: Is Ben Simmons a Center? If he is, sign and trade him for Lowry? Sixers fans really want him gone, but I think the issue is that the Sixers have him playing the wrong role, because their best player is also a C. Thoughts?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Question: Is Ben Simmons a Center? If he is, sign and trade him for Lowry? Sixers fans really want him gone, but I think the issue is that the Sixers have him playing the wrong role, because their best player is also a C. Thoughts?
        not full time but he could probably operate effectively in small doses as a small ball 5, a la draymond. he's good enough to hold his own against most 5's defensively but i think he's most effective as a perimeter stopper, so i wouldn't want him guarding 5's all the time. i don't think he's a great fit on this roster as there's quite a bit of redundancy with siakam. for that to work on offense pascal would need to raise his 3pt shooting good 8 to 10% from what he shot last season.

Comment

Working...
        X