• Show
Clear All

• WhatRhymesWithCash
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    No need for lateral moves

Also
    Vasquez > Calderon
    Oh no. Calderon > Vaz. Maybe I wouldn't say that if vaz was playing the way he was last year. But this year he has just sucked for us.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Trade for him and Melo

Leave a comment:

• bryan colangelo
    replied
    I tried looking at the trade machine for Jose moves, not because we actually need Jose, but because I wanted to rescue him from the Knicks

Problem is that he's making 7 Million a year for 3 more seasons. There;s just no trade with the Knicks that make sense. We'd probably be able to get him for a pick and an expiring (or maybe even less!) but I'd rather keep our expiring contracts.

Hopefully if the salary cap goes up, the size and length of his contract will be less of a factor and he'll get traded to a real team.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Interesting idea. Calderon is still lights out from the 3-pt line, and the Raps could definitely use the spacing as a threat against good defensive teams that pack the paint. Right now, teams actually want GV to shoot those heat-check 3s. Plus, Jose already has great chemistry with Amir and also DD. Add JJ, Ross and JV in there and it could be Lob City North on some nights. And he'd be coming back as a veteran in the twilight of his career with Lowry as the clear leader - no point guard controversy. Great change of pace to Lowry to keep opposing defences off balance. Defence is the big concern, of course, so you'd have to play him with good help defenders like JJ and Amir whenever possible, and he could also play with Lowry who has shown he can play off the ball. I'm sort of liking it.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    No need for lateral moves

Also
    Vasquez > Calderon

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
    I know...you are already getting a ton of mixed feelings from the title.

But you really gotta think about this one from all the angles.

Yes, Jose did have conflicts with Lowry about starting, yes, he is a matador defender, but he was the best damn pick n roll point guard in raptors history (could be arguable, but not really). Masai would have to talk to Lowry about this to get the green light from him, but Jose would be brought back as a 6th or 7th man off the bench; after watching this season unfold, I think it has REALLY become clear who's our starting point guard. And I think Jose would be okay with that for multiple reasons I will talk about later.

Now that we have the starting issue out of the way, there is the issue of the fit. I personally think Jose would be a great fit for this raptors squad in the Vasquez role simply because he would do it better. He would run the pick n roll with amir and JV masterfully, he would shoot the ball with waaayyy more consistency than Vasquez ever will, and he would pick his spots carefully whilst Vazquez is kind of a chucker. Maybe he isn't as much of a matador as Vaz too lol.

Salary isn't an issue either because we can use some of our expirings to package with Vaz in the deal (hayes/fields/hansbrough).

Final thing to cover is why NYK would do it and why Jose would want it. NYK would do it because their season is a disaster so far and they need to shake things up. Getting vaz would help because he is younger than Jose and still quite talented, and NYK gets some expirings on top of it all which they can either flip for something else, or keep and use to save cap space. Finally, Jose does it because he loves TO, hates the way he left, gets to join a contending team that consists of old pals in Amir and DD, and he doesn't have to put up with the egos and terrible management that is residing in NYK (except phil, he is a savant ), he also gets to do his own thing and not put up with a new, weird, hard to comprehend offensive scheme (triangle offense).

Trade:
    Raptors get: Jose Calderon, maybe picks if Masai channels his inner Warlord and uses his signature skill (fleecing the knicks).
    Knicks get: Vaz, Hayes/fields, a 2nd rounder if phil wants to be greedy.
    This isnt bad although don't really see the advantage for the Knicks. GV and Jose are both terrible defenders but GV has height enough to at least bother guys who dont move their feet, so not really great for Toronto. The only reason is to feed JV but Calderon wouldn't be on the first unit.

Leave a comment:

• WhatRhymesWithCash
    started a topic Bring back Jose?

Bring back Jose?

I know...you are already getting a ton of mixed feelings from the title.

But you really gotta think about this one from all the angles.

Yes, Jose did have conflicts with Lowry about starting, yes, he is a matador defender, but he was the best damn pick n roll point guard in raptors history (could be arguable, but not really). Masai would have to talk to Lowry about this to get the green light from him, but Jose would be brought back as a 6th or 7th man off the bench; after watching this season unfold, I think it has REALLY become clear who's our starting point guard. And I think Jose would be okay with that for multiple reasons I will talk about later.

Now that we have the starting issue out of the way, there is the issue of the fit. I personally think Jose would be a great fit for this raptors squad in the Vasquez role simply because he would do it better. He would run the pick n roll with amir and JV masterfully, he would shoot the ball with waaayyy more consistency than Vasquez ever will, and he would pick his spots carefully whilst Vazquez is kind of a chucker. Maybe he isn't as much of a matador as Vaz too lol.

Salary isn't an issue either because we can use some of our expirings to package with Vaz in the deal (hayes/fields/hansbrough).

Final thing to cover is why NYK would do it and why Jose would want it. NYK would do it because their season is a disaster so far and they need to shake things up. Getting vaz would help because he is younger than Jose and still quite talented, and NYK gets some expirings on top of it all which they can either flip for something else, or keep and use to save cap space. Finally, Jose does it because he loves TO, hates the way he left, gets to join a contending team that consists of old pals in Amir and DD, and he doesn't have to put up with the egos and terrible management that is residing in NYK (except phil, he is a savant ), he also gets to do his own thing and not put up with a new, weird, hard to comprehend offensive scheme (triangle offense).

Trade:
    Raptors get: Jose Calderon, maybe picks if Masai channels his inner Warlord and uses his signature skill (fleecing the knicks).
    Knicks get: Vaz, Hayes/fields, a 2nd rounder if phil wants to be greedy.
Working...
X