Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can the suffering GV causes end? (trade ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch
    replied
    GV is a minor disappointment so far this season. His numbers are down a bit from his career averages but I wouldn't hit the panic button at this point. With Cherry gone, there is no other point guard on the team. Lou is a valuable iso guy off the bench, but not a quarterback. Lowry has a history of being injured from time to time and he is logging big minutes. Point guard depth is an issue.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    Greivis might piss me off now, but he is a player that knows deeply that he will account for his actions and still not show fear to act at the moment and anytime, and stand up for a teammate.

Jose Clderon at his age now will be worse than Greivis and doesn't give off the fearless vibe I am happy with. Let's move on, just wish Jose for a happily ever after ending with a good team.

If the fair replacement would be Mario Chalmers, then I might consider.

Leave a comment:

• WhatRhymesWithCash
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    What's Calderon's contract like? maybe we can trade GV to the Knicks for Jose straight up.
    I made a thread dedicated entirely to that subject, you would have to add stiemsma to make the money work but that would be a good trade. Yes, that 1mill makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    And his worth towards acquiring kd is know good if we plan on abandoning our current team play (ie spurs) to go get a superstar who will demand a 20+ millions dollar salary
    The Raps do not play like the Spurs, that's not a knock against the Spurs because there are many formulas to make a good team. KD is well worth the salary as he immediately makes a team a playoff contender.

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    KD is worth pretty much anything . As long as we can keep our core , well be a championship team with all odds in our favour.

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    And his worth towards acquiring kd is know good if we plan on abandoning our current team play (ie spurs) to go get a superstar who will demand a 20+ millions dollar salary

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    Why is everyone so sure Lou can't man backup point, onl6 when Lowry is off the floor? Was it not his responsibility in Atlanta?
    I think GV should be used in a trade for a solid starting PF, and a backup point but not one to be 6th or 7th guy off the bench

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm on the GV trade bandwagon. Perhaps we can get both KG and Jarret Jack in a Brooklyn/Toronto trade
    No thanks

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I'm on the GV trade bandwagon. Perhaps we can get both KG and Jarret Jack in a Brooklyn/Toronto trade

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    Yeah like the dude said, GV knows KD well. We brought him back to entice KD to join toronto in 2016

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    ball4life wrote: View Post
    Is Patrick Beverly too much to ask as a back for us?

perfect guard beside Lou if we are long term with Lou.
    Yes. No way Houston moves him because he is the perfect PG to play beside Harden. While Harden handles the ball, Beverley spaces the floor (hits the trey) and rebounds. While Harden can't defend a marshmallow, Beverley hounds opposing ball handlers. Houston would be tragic on D with GV and Harden starting.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    GV's biggest value right now is that he was Durant's high school teammate. Other than that, he is someone I would definitely trade.

Leave a comment:

• Reboc
    replied
    plug one hole and water starts flowing out another. Unless you are aware of the infinite factors involved in making a trade its hard to really say what will work and what will not. Only Masai comes close.

Believe in Masai! He will do what is best for the team.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    I'm jumping on the trade Vasquez bandwagon.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    Trading for Lin isn't a terrible idea - he knows how to defend, but he doesn't have the lateral quicks to truly defend speedy point guards. But he's a scorer who knows how to run the pick-n-roll, which is what Greivis was supposed to give us. Lin is probably better than Vasquez is - but of course, LA wants Lin's expiring salary for 2015 free agents. They'd likely want to be compensated with a pick (second round, probably).

Tony Wroten is a HORRIBLE idea.

Ennis is a good idea if you don't mind acknowledging that the Raps won't win a title this year (which is likely, let's be honest - we're good but we're likely not good enough to win the East, let alone beat whoever wins out in the West) because he's going to be a bit of a project.

Beverley isn't going anywhere since his defense is crucial to Houston's game. Maybe if they had gotten Rondo - but they didn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X