Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Season- Which Potential package appeals to you & fits the team needs most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Season- Which Potential package appeals to you & fits the team needs most?

So I've basically collected all the trade rumours floating around the internet world connected the Raps, some major, some minor and some that make zero sense. Im not speculating on what we would have to give up, just focusing on whats out there and what each rumoured trade would bring. Wondering which one(s) RR nation would love to see if these were the only choices.

1. Trade with Den for Wilson Chandler & Kenneth Faried
    Brings in two new starters at SF & PF with Den going tank-mode. Wilson Chandler SF- 27; Perimeter defender that can hit the 3 to stretch the floor and provide spacing. Averaging 13.7 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 1.5 APG at 41.5% from the field. Has a flexible contract with a team option for next season for $7 mil with only $2mil guaranteed should team decline. Faried PF- 25; Younger, quicker, healthier version of Amir. All about the Intangibles. Energy player that improves the pace and rebounding of the team. Averaging 11.7 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.3 APG on 50.6% from the field. Would be a long term commitment and franchise building block with 4 years at $12mil per left on the contract.

2. Trade with Phx for Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee & Tyler Ennis
    This package covers all of Toronto's needs on a small scale, SF wing perimeter defender that can hit the 3 to stretch the floor, brings in a true center to backup JV and add rim protection and brings in a 3rd PG, Masai's 2014 draft target, another high ceiling prospect to develop and local Brampton kid. All on low risk contracts and outside Green, none have a big roles in the PHX rotation. Gerald Green SF- 29; Averaging 12.6 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 1.3 APG on 41.1% from the field. On an expiring $3.5mil contract. Miles Plumlee C- 26; former starter now out of the rotation averaging 4.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.0 BPG on 55% from the field. 1 yr/$2.1mil left on his rookie deal. Tyler Ennis PG- 20; 4th string PG with no need in PHX behind Bledsoe, Dragic & Thomas and active for only 8 games all season so far. Averaging 2.8 PPG, 0.9 RPG, 1.8 APG on 42.9% from the field. Guaranteed $1.7mil for 2015 with team options for 2016 ($1.7mil) & 2017 ($2.7mil).

3. Trade with Ind for David West
    David West PF- 34; Averaging 13.1 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 3.3 APG at 47.6% from the field. Has a player option on 2015 for $12mil or is an $12mil expiring end of season. He'll improve the paint defence, low post offensive game and bring some grit & hustle to the team. Not a long term solution to the position however and might not fit the current personnel.

4. Trade with Chicago for Taj Gibson
    Taj Gibson PF- 29; Averaging 10.7 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.3 APG on 48.8% from the field. Has 2 years at $8.5 & 9mil left on his contract. Stuck Behind Gasol and expendable with Mirotic in Chi. Would instantly be an upgrade and starter at PF. What he brings...Defence! Lockdown Defence! Shut down Defence! However like Amir, he's got a lot of miles on his body and showing signs of decline.

5. Trade with Orlando for Tobias Harris & Andrew Nicholson
    Tobias Harris SF- 22; Averaging 17.4 PPG, 6.6 RPG and 2.0 APG on 46.5% from the field. Potential All Star, would be a massive upgrade & replacement to TRoss and be a core franchise building block. Risky as he's on an expiring rookie contract and has already expressed interest in playing for the Knicks next season but he plays the same position as Melo and as an RFA Toronto would have the right to match any offer, would likely be combined with Andrew Nicholson PF-25; Averaging 3.1 PPG, 1.3 RPG and 0.4 APG on 35.8% from the field. Local Mississauga kid with with 1 year/$2.38mil left on his contract thats fallen out completely with the Magic.

6. Trade with Brooklyn for Kevin Garnett
    Kevin Garnett PF/C- 38; Averaging 6.9 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 1.7 APG on 45.3% from the field. Future HOF is on an expiring $12mil contract. Would be a veteran role player, bringing toughness, leadership and defence to the Raptors for the playoff run. Brooklyn may want to send him to a playoff team/contender to finish his career as a good gesture and with his low value could just be a swap of expiring contracts (Fields & Hayes for KG).

7. Trade with Memphis for Vince Carter & Kosta Koufas
    Vince Carter SG/SF- 38; out since Jan 29 with left foot tendon injury is expected to return Feb 22. Averaging 6.0 PPG, 1.9 RPG, and 1.3 APG on 33.4% from the field. Under contract for 2 more seasons at $4mil per although can be waived in his last year of his contract (2016) for only $2mil guaranteed. Just like KG would just be brought in as a veteran role player for the playoffs and would be a huge marketing/branding boost for the future and image of the organization. Kosta Koufas C- 25; Averaging 5.0 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 0.9 BPG on 52.7% from the field adds the true backup center for JV and the added rim protection. Comes with an expiring $3mil contract.
    DEN- Chandler & Faried
    23.53%
    PHX- Green, Plumlee & Ennis
    11.76%
    IND- David West
    5.88%
    CHI- Taj Gibson
    23.53%
    ORL- Harris & Nicholson
    35.29%
    BK- Kevin Garnett
    0.00%
    Mem- Vince Carter
    0.00%
    Last edited by RepTdot; Mon Feb 9, 2015, 10:51 PM. Reason: Memphis Vince Carter rumours came with Kosta Koufas attached

Nice job on this thread

Comment

Helping Denver tank is also a positive of the first option. And the lower Denver is, the higher our pick will be.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

None of the above, but if I had to choose.....

Comment

I would love Tobias Harris but I don't see any reason for the Magic to trade him, especially given they've just dumped Vaughn to see what a new coach could do with their current group.

Comment

I went with Tobias Harris. Not necessarily the thing that will have the biggest impact this year, but the best long-term investment. The only guy on the list who you could say "maybe that's the other piece we need along-side Valanciunas, DeRozan, and Lowry to push us over the top." I assume the asking price for him is really high.

The other trades on this list are all 'maybe they make us a little better this year, but they don't make us championship contenders short term or long-term.'

Comment

i'd think the starting price for Harris would have to be at least Ross & the Knicks 1st round pick and be built from there. It would take alot to get him but locking Harris up long term with JV/DD/KL makes us so contender status deadly now and for years to come. On the other end minor deals like KG or VC will be valuable for the playoffs this season and im sure we wouldn't have to touch any valuable player or 1st round pick to get em.

Comment

I like Taj, but we are stacked at PF and I doubt chicago sends him to us because of direct competition. PASS

Faried is nice but undersized and again, is a PF which we have right now. I have also posted alot regarding Chandler but alot of other don't believe he is worth it. This trade would probably command alot in return too. PASS

Don't really like the idea of David West because of cost, and age. And I don't think he is a major upgrade over our current PF options Amir & 2pat. PASS

Kevin Garnett would be a great vet bench piece, but I don't know if he would want to come play here, he has a no trade clause. Also there are whispers about him being bought out, if that happens I would be more open to it if he were paid out by the nets so 5hey get nothing from us; Fuck Brooklyn. PASS

I was considering the idea of Vince Carter as well, love the thought of him finishing his career here, and he is a great vet SF with a solid three point shot. That said I don't know what it would take and his injury does worry me a little. MAYBE..

The Phoenix trade is what I definitely see as the one that best fits our teams need, we really need a backup centre, and Plumlee, although not the best is still 7 Feet tall and I'm sure could be used in limited minutes so we don't give up so much size on the bench. Ennis is the real prize of this trade as he can be groomed as the PG of our future, to be honest I would love for him to grow and learn behind Kyle Lowry, I think it would be great for him and us in the long run (bonus that he is a hometown kid). As far as Green, the only real need for him in the trade is to replace Ross as our bench SF, which I think he would do well, problem is I have heard he does have an attitude issue.

In closing, if there was a way for us to work a three team deal in which we get Miles Plumlee & Tyler Ennis from Phoenix, and also acquire Vince Carter from Memphis I would be all over it. We cover our need of a backup centre, get our point guard of the future and we get a vet SF to play limited minutes ( who just happens to be the Raptor that started it all).

On the trade block I would offer Ross, Hansbrough, Fields, Steamer and our 2015 first. Doesn't have to be all of it but a combo of those pieces.

Anybody agree on that?

Comment

If you choose Kevin Garnett, your mother probably dropped you.
                  A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

LOL I would only do the KG trade as a last resort depth trade and only if it was Fields & Hayes for KG straight up.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                      i'd think the starting price for Harris would have to be at least Ross & the Knicks 1st round pick and be built from there. It would take alot to get him but locking Harris up long term with JV/DD/KL makes us so contender status deadly now and for years to come. On the other end minor deals like KG or VC will be valuable for the playoffs this season and im sure we wouldn't have to touch any valuable player or 1st round pick to get em.
                      We should offer a trade for Harris, he has shown that he wants to play for New York so we may just throw away our assets, better off just making an offer in the offseason.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                        LOL I would only do the KG trade as a last resort depth trade and only if it was Fields & Hayes for KG straight up.
                        KG is most likely asking for a buyout if Lopez, Williams and/or Joe Johnson are dealt. The guy has said he is loyal but there is no way a future HOF inductee wastes one of his final season on an empty team. He would request a buyout and sign to a contender / or one in the running. I would bet that Houston is the front runner, Kevin McHale drafted KG and they are in the title race. With Howard injured I wouldn't be surprised if they make a trade even.

Comment

Working...
                        X