Tor-nyk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-nyk

Toronto out: Patrick Patterson, DeMarre Carroll, James Johnson, 2016 1st round pick (NYK), 2017 1st round pick (LAC)
    Toronto in: Carmello Anthony, Langston Galloway

With this trade, the Raptors acquire a stellar SF in Anthony and a sharp shooter in Galloway. Melo and DeRozan would do wonder for the Raptors and there will be some nights where Carmello can play the PF with Ross inserted back in the starting SF/SG lineup. The Knicks acquire DeMarre Carroll who I think has lost his favor to T-Ross over the course of last couple of games and his always injured, perhaps a change of scenery like the Knicks can do wonder for him. Patrick Patterson finds a new home wit the Knicks along with James Johnson. The Knicks also get their pick back so they can draft someone in the 2016 NBA Draft.

Awful trade

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

That trade is terrible. We give up way too much, and JV never touches a basketball again.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        Toronto out: Patrick Patterson, DeMarre Carroll, James Johnson, 2016 1st round pick (NYK), 2017 1st round pick (LAC)

With this trade, the Raptors acquire a stellar SF in Anthony and a sharp shooter in Galloway. Melo and DeRozan would do wonder for the Raptors and there will be some nights where Carmello can play the PF with Ross inserted back in the starting SF/SG lineup. The Knicks acquire DeMarre Carroll who I think has lost his favor to T-Ross over the course of last couple of games and his always injured, perhaps a change of scenery like the Knicks can do wonder for him. Patrick Patterson finds a new home wit the Knicks along with James Johnson. The Knicks also get their pick back so they can draft someone in the 2016 NBA Draft.
        Another ball dominant player beside Lowry and DD...Yay. Also our perimeter D will turn to crap with DD and Melo.

Comment

I thought about this myself but, I had JV going out instead of Carroll. My reasoning behind that is that if you have Melo you basically have no touches for JV. KL/DD/Melo would use up most of the touches if not all. No point of having JV if you bring in another high usage player.

Rotation
          KL/DD/DC/Melo/BB
          Cojo/Ross/Scola/Bebe

We can keep DC and play Melo at the 4. We can play 4 out and 1 in. KL/DD/Melo would handle the offense and Carroll and BB would anchor our defense.

Its pretty obvious Masai is going all in on the KL/DD backcourt. Lowry pribably has 3 years of playing at this level. Raps don't have any cap space after signing DD. Masai is going to have to make some trades to turn us into a contender. JV is our best trade chip at the moment.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I thought about this myself but, I had JV going out instead of Carroll. My reasoning behind that is that if you have Melo you basically have no touches for JV. KL/DD/Melo would use up most of the touches if not all. No point of having JV if you bring in another high usage player.

Rotation
            KL/DD/DC/Melo/BB
            Cojo/Ross/Scola/Bebe

We can keep DC and play Melo at the 4. We can play 4 out and 1 in. KL/DD/Melo would handle the offense and Carroll and BB would anchor our defense.

Its pretty obvious Masai is going all in on the KL/DD backcourt. Lowry pribably has 3 years of playing at this level. Raps don't have any cap space after signing DD. Masai is going to have to make some trades to turn us into a contender. JV is our best trade chip at the moment.
            I've brought up the idea of jv, Knicks pick + whatever else for melo to Knicks fans but for whatever reason they still want to keep melo while developing kp. I don't think melo would accept the trade either.

Kp and jv would be an awesome future front court that fits the triangle pretty well, they tank and find a good backcourt guy and the have an awesome future with some cap to bring in someone else. I would watch that team lol

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
              I've brought up the idea of jv, Knicks pick + whatever else for melo to Knicks fans but for whatever reason they still want to keep melo while developing kp. I don't think melo would accept the trade either.

Kp and jv would be an awesome future front court that fits the triangle pretty well, they tank and find a good backcourt guy and the have an awesome future with some cap to bring in someone else. I would watch that team lol
              Melo has a no trade claus, I doubt he wants to come here.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

draps wrote: View Post

Yeah, Melo has a no trade claus in his contract. He would have to waive to be traded. My thinking is that he would waive it to play on a tittle contender. That's what thus team would be if he joined KL/DD.

Yeah, the trade would make for a bright future for Knicks. JV/KP would complement each other pretty well.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

F@#k no!
                  What has Carmelo ever won?
                  Now, if NY throws in 3-4 unprotected 1st rounders, I'm interested.

Comment

Jesus Jehosefa!!!! It's like the Opposite of what Masai did on his side. Basically you are making Masai take his own sword and stabbing himself with it like a Seppuku.

Comment

Working...
                    X