Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should We Get a Legit Centre if Chris Bosh Leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should We Get a Legit Centre if Chris Bosh Leaves?

If Chris Bosh does leave, and supposedly we get key pieces like a star wing player and a couple of role players in return, should we get a proven Centre and move Andrea Bargnani to the 4 spot? What do you guys think of this trade?

To Toronto:
    - Samuel Dalembert - C (Making 12.9M next year which is his final yr)
    - Jrue Holiday - G (Making 1.6M Next year)

To Philadelphia:
    - Jose Calderon - G (Making 9M next year)
    - Marcus Banks - G (Making 4.8M next year which is his final yr)
    - 2nd round pick/Cash Considerations

Tell me what you think!

I think they should get a legit center no matter what Bosh does. That trade stinks for the 76ers. Lou Williams and Jrue Holiday are going to be an excellent young PG duo. Not sure why they break it up.

Comment

i agree with apollo, don't think the 76ers are going to let go of holiday that easily. but i would be interested in getting dalembert. he isn't as good as he used to be and his contract is pretty bad, BUT i think he is one of the most tradeable centers this off-season and definitely provides some defense inside. not a bad option for 1 year.

i think bargs at the 4 spot would be a good option. but he'll have to develop his post game a bit more if bosh leaves because then there wouldn't be anyone to give the ball to inside and then kick it out for the shooters.

but who would you pair dalembert up with to send to toronto? i don't think there's any other player that they're willing to let go/the raptors would have any interest in.
      Last edited by bodmon; Sun May 16, 2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

sign me up
        but i think there is no chance Philli does that trade

Comment

The issue in my mind has nothing to do with getting a "legit" center whatever that means.

Does that mean a guy who can only play the #5 like Kwame Brown? He is a "legit center"

What the Raptors need are two big guys up front that can play defense, score and rebound not a legit center.

Would you guys rather have Bargani and Pau Gasol who is not a legit center or Bargnani and Kendrick Perkins who is a legit center?
          Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun May 16, 2010, 04:57 PM.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            The issue in my mind has nothing to do with getting a "legit" center whatever that means.

Does that mean a guy who can only play the #5 like Kwame Brown? He is a "legit center"

What the Raptors need are two big guys up front that can play defense, score and rebound not a legit center.

Would you guys rather have Bargani and Pau Gasol who is not a legit center or Bargnani and Kendrick Perkins who is a legit center?
            I'd rather have Perkins and Gasol.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I'd rather have Perkins and Gasol.
              I would rather have Big Dawg and Gasol
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i don't think samuel dalembert is "legit" at all but maybe if he got his head right and a fresh start in toronto then he can roam around the paint blocking shots and grabbing rebounds and playing inside... it would give bargnani or hedo a chance to be the number 1 guy (which scares the SHIT outta me) and the a new and improved derozan (and hopefully weems) will give us a decent team... but then again philly doesn't want jose that bad to do this trade... they have a bunch of players who are athletic and jose... is not...

Comment

Honestly, I'd take Perk. 280 lbs of muscle to take care of the Howards and Noahs of the league would be much more valuable than another finesse European. (I don't care what people say, Pau Gasol IS SOFT.) Other than Bargnani, I can't think of any centers that Perkins can't match up against one-on-one...

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

My interpretation of "legit center" was a prototypical center who has at least solid abilities in the key areas. My interpretation of a prototypical center is one who can post up, rebound and defend the center position.

I think Perkins is overrated because of who he plays with. I'd like to see how he does not playing next to KG.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      My interpretation of "legit center" was a prototypical center who has at least solid abilities in the key areas. My interpretation of a prototypical center is one who can post up, rebound and defend the center position.

I think Perkins is overrated because of who he plays with. I'd like to see how he does not playing next to KG.
                      I agree with all except when I use the term legit center I usually mean a guy who can act as a defensive anchor for the team. Perkins would also do well anywhere in the league. He may not be an all star, but he defends his position well and is a strong guy down low. If he's over rated it's not by much.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

we need a Tyson Chandler "type" player...excellent defender, excellent rebounder and doesnt give a shit about offense...he would be excellent alongside bosh and/or bargs...but at a lesser price tag of course

Comment

I'll only get Dalembert on our team to punch Leo Rautins in the mouth to disable him from speaking during when Dalembert is on the sidelines about to sub back in.

Comment

This team needs to establish a front court lineup of: one scrapper that will tip in loose balls, mostly rebounds, and block shots (8-10 pts)...then one PF to score near the hoop for about 18-20 points a game (I guess that will be Bargs). We gotta let our back court score the points a lot more to re-establish our talent for what ever backcourt talent we have.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

I think there's a vast difference between a legit center and a prototypical center. Bill Laimbeer was a legit center, but certainly not a prototypical one. Same goes for Jack Sikma. Both of those guys could also do the things that centers are supposed to do, rebound and defend the paint. The fact that neither were real post players didn't matter.

And Perkins looked like he had the potential to be a very good center in the league before Garnett came to Boston, which is why Ainge wanted to keep him. He was only 22 when Garnett came, so he hadn't quite put it all together, yet, but I thought he would end up being a very good player.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X