Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should We Get a Legit Centre if Chris Bosh Leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A00715890
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    More like one-dimensional. (Note: a prolific chucker at the #1 is what Toronto needs)
    maybe you should watch the 76ers more often...

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    A00715890 wrote: View Post
    more like a star in the making...
    More like one-dimensional. (Note: a prolific chucker at the #1 is what Toronto needs)

Leave a comment:

• A00715890
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    lou williams=poor man's answer
    more like a star in the making...

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think they should get a legit center no matter what Bosh does. That trade stinks for the 76ers. Lou Williams and Jrue Holiday are going to be an excellent young PG duo. Not sure why they break it up.
    lou williams=poor man's answer

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Personally, I wasn't sure if he would and I remember a lot of buzz back then questioning if he would be enough to help the trio arrive at their goal. He was but again, I wonder how much better a gentleman like Andrea Bargnani would look on defense if he had a world class defender like Kevin Garnett watching his back?
    Perkins never had trouble with defense or rebounding. His biggest problem in his first few years was staying on the floor. He was a foul machine. Plus, he was very raw offensively. Defensively, he was always very good.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I fail to see how he's underrated. He plays with one of the teams that gets the most attention in the league. He gets more attention than some superior players who don't have world class defenders watching their backs.

Leave a comment:

• Ripp
    replied
    Perkins, overrated?!?! If anything, he is underrated. He is exactly what I want a C to do. Brutalize opposing big men, give hard fouls, crash the boards, set hard screens. His offensive game is mediocre, but he is not a liability.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think there's a vast difference between a legit center and a prototypical center. Bill Laimbeer was a legit center, but certainly not a prototypical one. Same goes for Jack Sikma. Both of those guys could also do the things that centers are supposed to do, rebound and defend the paint. The fact that neither were real post players didn't matter.
    This is a god point. I guess I shouldn't eliminate a player for not being able to do what nearly all cannot these days, score efficiently and consistently in the post.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    And Perkins looked like he had the potential to be a very good center in the league before Garnett came to Boston, which is why Ainge wanted to keep him. He was only 22 when Garnett came, so he hadn't quite put it all together, yet, but I thought he would end up being a very good player.
    Personally, I wasn't sure if he would and I remember a lot of buzz back then questioning if he would be enough to help the trio arrive at their goal. He was but again, I wonder how much better a gentleman like Andrea Bargnani would look on defense if he had a world class defender like Kevin Garnett watching his back?

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    My interpretation of "legit center" was a prototypical center who has at least solid abilities in the key areas. My interpretation of a prototypical center is one who can post up, rebound and defend the center position.

I think Perkins is overrated because of who he plays with. I'd like to see how he does not playing next to KG.
    I think there's a vast difference between a legit center and a prototypical center. Bill Laimbeer was a legit center, but certainly not a prototypical one. Same goes for Jack Sikma. Both of those guys could also do the things that centers are supposed to do, rebound and defend the paint. The fact that neither were real post players didn't matter.

And Perkins looked like he had the potential to be a very good center in the league before Garnett came to Boston, which is why Ainge wanted to keep him. He was only 22 when Garnett came, so he hadn't quite put it all together, yet, but I thought he would end up being a very good player.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    This team needs to establish a front court lineup of: one scrapper that will tip in loose balls, mostly rebounds, and block shots (8-10 pts)...then one PF to score near the hoop for about 18-20 points a game (I guess that will be Bargs). We gotta let our back court score the points a lot more to re-establish our talent for what ever backcourt talent we have.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    I'll only get Dalembert on our team to punch Leo Rautins in the mouth to disable him from speaking during when Dalembert is on the sidelines about to sub back in.

Leave a comment:

• A00715890
    replied
    we need a Tyson Chandler "type" player...excellent defender, excellent rebounder and doesnt give a shit about offense...he would be excellent alongside bosh and/or bargs...but at a lesser price tag of course

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    My interpretation of "legit center" was a prototypical center who has at least solid abilities in the key areas. My interpretation of a prototypical center is one who can post up, rebound and defend the center position.

I think Perkins is overrated because of who he plays with. I'd like to see how he does not playing next to KG.
    I agree with all except when I use the term legit center I usually mean a guy who can act as a defensive anchor for the team. Perkins would also do well anywhere in the league. He may not be an all star, but he defends his position well and is a strong guy down low. If he's over rated it's not by much.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The issue in my mind has nothing to do with getting a "legit" center whatever that means.

Does that mean a guy who can only play the #5 like Kwame Brown? He is a "legit center"

Leave a comment:

• jrdyck
    replied
    Honestly, I'd take Perk. 280 lbs of muscle to take care of the Howards and Noahs of the league would be much more valuable than another finesse European. (I don't care what people say, Pau Gasol IS SOFT.) Other than Bargnani, I can't think of any centers that Perkins can't match up against one-on-one...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X