Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should We Get a Legit Centre if Chris Bosh Leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jau28
    replied
    i don't think samuel dalembert is "legit" at all but maybe if he got his head right and a fresh start in toronto then he can roam around the paint blocking shots and grabbing rebounds and playing inside... it would give bargnani or hedo a chance to be the number 1 guy (which scares the SHIT outta me) and the a new and improved derozan (and hopefully weems) will give us a decent team... but then again philly doesn't want jose that bad to do this trade... they have a bunch of players who are athletic and jose... is not...

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have Perkins and Gasol.
    I would rather have Big Dawg and Gasol

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The issue in my mind has nothing to do with getting a "legit" center whatever that means.

Does that mean a guy who can only play the #5 like Kwame Brown? He is a "legit center"

What the Raptors need are two big guys up front that can play defense, score and rebound not a legit center.

Would you guys rather have Bargani and Pau Gasol who is not a legit center or Bargnani and Kendrick Perkins who is a legit center?
    I'd rather have Perkins and Gasol.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    The issue in my mind has nothing to do with getting a "legit" center whatever that means.

Does that mean a guy who can only play the #5 like Kwame Brown? He is a "legit center"

What the Raptors need are two big guys up front that can play defense, score and rebound not a legit center.

Would you guys rather have Bargani and Pau Gasol who is not a legit center or Bargnani and Kendrick Perkins who is a legit center?
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun May 16, 2010, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• INFO
    replied
    sign me up
    but i think there is no chance Philli does that trade

Leave a comment:

• bodmon
    replied
    i agree with apollo, don't think the 76ers are going to let go of holiday that easily. but i would be interested in getting dalembert. he isn't as good as he used to be and his contract is pretty bad, BUT i think he is one of the most tradeable centers this off-season and definitely provides some defense inside. not a bad option for 1 year.

i think bargs at the 4 spot would be a good option. but he'll have to develop his post game a bit more if bosh leaves because then there wouldn't be anyone to give the ball to inside and then kick it out for the shooters.

but who would you pair dalembert up with to send to toronto? i don't think there's any other player that they're willing to let go/the raptors would have any interest in.
    Last edited by bodmon; Sun May 16, 2010, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I think they should get a legit center no matter what Bosh does. That trade stinks for the 76ers. Lou Williams and Jrue Holiday are going to be an excellent young PG duo. Not sure why they break it up.

Leave a comment:

• IceeeD
    started a topic Should We Get a Legit Centre if Chris Bosh Leaves?

Should We Get a Legit Centre if Chris Bosh Leaves?

If Chris Bosh does leave, and supposedly we get key pieces like a star wing player and a couple of role players in return, should we get a proven Centre and move Andrea Bargnani to the 4 spot? What do you guys think of this trade?

To Toronto:
    - Samuel Dalembert - C (Making 12.9M next year which is his final yr)
    - Jrue Holiday - G (Making 1.6M Next year)

To Philadelphia:
    - Jose Calderon - G (Making 9M next year)
    - Marcus Banks - G (Making 4.8M next year which is his final yr)
    - 2nd round pick/Cash Considerations

Tell me what you think!
Working...
X