No announcement yet.

Ways to Unload Turkoglu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Hedo to Sacramento for Andres Nocioni and Francisco Garcia?

Comment

In order of best for the raptors (at least imo):

Option 1:
      Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu, Marco Belinelli
      New Orleans Trades: Emeka Okafor, Marcus Thornton

Option 2:
      Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu, Marco Belinelli, #13 pick
      New Orleans Trades: Emeka Okafor, Julian Wright, #11 pick

Option 3:
      Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu, #13 pick
      New Orleans Trades: Emeka Okafor, #11 pick

The Turkoglu contract is actually less than the Emeka Okafor contract by more than $8 million (Turk = 44 million vs Okafor = over 52 million). In all three options, NO ends up saving money. Options 2/3 help them in getting under the luxury tax by quite a decent amount (Option 2 gives them $3 mil in savings next season alone).

The trades give Toronto a potential frontcourt rotation of Johnson/Okafor/Andrea, which has a nice balance of offense and defense.

Comment

PHD Steve mentioned a deal for Kirelenko which I really like. Hedo and Banks for Kirelenko.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

1st Post! I love this site. I've got a slow day at work so im spending all day on the trade machine.

Toronto trades: Hedo
          Lakers trade: Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic

Why it's good for us: Less salary, Walton is a half decent replacement for what Hedo was giving us, Sasha is a good defender (him and Reggie on the floor at the same time would be be the dirtiest player tandem!), and it would be giving me another reason to hate the Lakers.

For the Lakers it's more star power and clutch shooting and solidifies their weak bench (besides Odom).

Whaddya think?
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            PHD Steve mentioned a deal for Kirelenko which I really like. Hedo and Banks for Kirelenko.
            Never gonna happen. But the thought of Jerry Sloan throttling Turk on the 3rd day of training camp brought a smile to my face.

Comment

Working...
            X