Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar for Demar-cus?

Could we get Cousins from SAC?

This guy is a bruiser and can dominate down low. He seems to bring alot of grit and passion game in game out, but unfortunately has had alot of off the court issues with Westphal (who is known as a d-bag anyways).

Could we pull of a straight trade for the big man with Demar as the chip?

The Kings wouldn't do it.

Comment

I'd do it in a nano-second, but the Kings are high on him, so i couldn't see it happening. I don't think they view Demar any better than Casspi, so they probably wouldn't do that deal. Raps would have to sweeten the pot a bit.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I'd do it in a nano-second, but the Kings are high on him, so i couldn't see it happening. I don't think they view Demar any better than Casspi, so they probably wouldn't do that deal. Raps would have to sweeten the pot a bit.
        Yeah ur right, but Cousins has been causing them alot of offcourt turmoil. Who else could we throw in? They would need to throw something our way too, maybe Thompson (or Evans, lol)

Comment

DeMarcus is a headache, but he's a talented player. He needs to calm down. He can't throw temper-tantrums, especially in his rookie year. He needs to grow up and mautre. The Kings will still hang onto him. Some viewed DeMarcus as one of the guys in the draft with the highest ceiling. I wouldn't think they'd give up on him so soon. The offer would have to be damn good in order for them to part with him.

Comment

I would not do this trade. I don't want anything to do with DeMarcus, I think he will never become a mature and consistent basketball player. If we wanted a player like Cousins we could have gotten Beasley over the summer. He also is a talented player I want nowhere near this team. Also, Cousins has been averaging 4 fouls in less than 24 minutes, whilst shooting 38% from the field. Great numbers for a 5.

Comment

I'd take Thompson over Cousins.

Comment

Demarcus is the second coming of Zbo. Talent out the ying yang but a total knucklehead. Don't want any part of him. And you call Chris Bosh a prima donna? Whew! This boy makes Chris Bosh look like a hermit. These kind of guys are team and coach killers. I betchya he could be had but the price tag would be steeper than the returns in the Win colomn.

Besides, you know he's averaging the most fouls per game in the league and takes absolutely terrible shots right? This guy is definitely overrated. He's had off court issues since AAU, it isn't Westphal, Cousins has earned his rep.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                  Demarcus is the second coming of Zbo. Talent out the ying yang but a total knucklehead. Don't want any part of him. And you call Chris Bosh a prima donna? Whew! This boy makes Chris Bosh look like a hermit. These kind of guys are team and coach killers. I betchya he could be had but the price tag would be steeper than the returns in the Win colomn.

Besides, you know he's averaging the most fouls per game in the league and takes absolutely terrible shots right? This guy is definitely overrated. He's had off court issues since AAU, it isn't Westphal, Cousins has earned his rep.
                  so i guess hed fit right in with our foul prone(amir) brick shooting(weems) players then...

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post

That's true, he has been a drama queen for a long time.

but...look how B-eze has started to turn things around in Minny. Very different situation I know, but sometimes a change of scenery and management can help. I mean, this is his rookie season so his behaviour is pretty ridonculous i know.

Comment

personally I hate demarcus game, I don't know what about his game is so special. IMO I think he is a shorter Jamal magloire if demarcus is in this league in 5 years I would be really surprised. He has already been kicked out of practice in sac and was fined for getting into a argument with the trainer, I smell failure coming off this kid.

Comment

I hated watching him play the fake tough guy and take cheap shots at other players in Kentucky. Guys like him, though talented, make a mess of your team. Allen Iverson was the only prima donna, me first type of guy I've watched who was worth rolling the dice on because (while he was still good) he refused to quit.

As for B-EZ, his attitude problem seemed to be more of a too laid back approach. He didn't seem to want to put in the work and would of rather sat back smokin' some sticky icky. I think that's an easier attitude to adjust than someone like Cousins who believes all his YES men around him and thinks he's God's gift to the Hardwood. It's that spoiled AAU kid attitude...just really bugs me.
                        Last edited by minks77; Tue Nov 30, 2010, 09:03 PM.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

DeMarcus is also only 1 year removed from high school and he's playing in the pros. He needs an attitude adjustment, but you can't deny that he's a talent. I do agree he'll have Zach Randolph's attitude, but he's longer and has better talent. He'll be a muich better player.

Comment

Working...
                          X