Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nash

HEY

Since we have a couple of slashers and spot up shooter, Do you think we should go after steve nash ?

reuniting him wit barbosa and triano?

could really help bring out some of the talents we have here !
    beside talking about what to give i wanna know should we think about it

He's the face of the Suns. I can't see the Suns letting him go unless they get a fantastic package for him.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      He's the face of the Suns. I can't see the Suns letting him go unless they get a fantastic package for him.
      the question was would u take him and would he be good for our young guys
      by the way is on the block from what i read in hoopshype.com

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
        the question was would u take him and would he be good for our young guys
        by the way is on the block from what i read in hoopshype.com
        Trade speculation should be in the trade forum.

Comment

And presto, here it is!

Comment

Nash's contract is just a shade over 11 mil for next season, now, should there be a season next season, it would a very, very good contract because of the level that Nash still plays at. With that being said, the Suns are not going to let him go for cheap. They're gonna want draft picks and players (and not the bench fodder of Dorsey, Wright, etc).

Would he make this team better? Sure, but I'm sure with the kind of players that we'd have to give up to get him, it would be like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Comment

if they want to make a push now to becoming a contender, which will result in gutting the team once again, then probably yes to nash.
              if youre thinking about the future, then no.
              nash is 36. even if we take him and he promises to sign for less money in 2012, he'll be 38 by then. i dont think one can build a championship contender in 2 years. and the pieces that we have right now, theyre not valuable trading pieces to acquire pieces in building a championship caliber team.
              the raps are in a full blown youth movement. as good as he is and the great things he can contribute, adding nash will just disrupt the flow.

unless BC is able to convince Babby to shed salary, we can take nash and gortat for the TPE and evans.

nash/dd/kleiza/bargs/gortat
              calderon/bayless/weems/amir/davis
              barbosa/wright/dorsey/alabi/peja
              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Jan 4, 2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                no such thing anymore.
                gone were the days of bird, magic, reggie miller
                every player is tradeable.
                even 100 million contracts doesnt mean love anymore.
                just means we like you now, sooner or later, youre cap space bait.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  no such thing anymore.
                  gone were the days of bird, magic, reggie miller
                  every player is tradeable.
                  even 100 million contracts doesnt mean love anymore.
                  just means we like you now, sooner or later, youre cap space bait.
                  When you think of the Suns, especially the past 5 seasons, you think of Nash. Every player does have a price, but they're not gonna let the guy go for the sake of letting him go. Fans in Phoenix still need a reason to go to the game and watch their Suns play. Nash keeps them competitve and still plays at a high level, so there's no way they're gonna deal him for scraps.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    unless BC is able to convince Babby to shed salary, we can take nash and gortat for the TPE and evans.
                    1 - That's a pretty shit deal for Phoenix. It would mean after trading Richardson, Nash and Gortat, they'd have essentially nothing to show for it.
                    2 - Why would they trade Gortat? They just got him. He was probably their main acquisition in the whole myriad of deals.
                    2 - In order for the trade to work, it would have to be 2 seperate trades: Nash for the TPE and Evans for Gortat.

Comment

Working...
                    X