Should BC go after Harris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should BC go after Harris?

If Devin Harris ends up with Denver as part of the Carmelo Anthony blockbuster, he could be flipped in another trade soon after.

The Mavericks could approach the Nuggets about Harris if he ends up in Denver, according to sources with knowledge of the team's thinking.

Dallas is aware that Denver has little need for Harris with Ty Lawson on the roster and the veteran's larger contract.

The Mavericks traded Harris in a package that netted them Jason Kidd from the Nets back in 2008.

There will undoubtedly be competition for Harris if Denver acquires him and makes him available. The Trail Blazers have long been admirers of Harris and many teams are coveting a proven point guard.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...#ixzz1AfbQ6YwD

I personally don't think we should go after him. It'd cost use to much.
    Yes
    55.56%
    No
    44.44%

Depends on what Denver is looking for him in return. I don't think they'd take the TPE or an expiring. He's another combo guard. Give Bayless some playing time. He'll be Devin Harris-lite.

Comment

i agree with Mango

Comment

No to Harris, yes to Lopez.

Comment

I'd go for Harrris only if we ship Calderon in return. Nothing against Jose but Harris is younger and an upgrade at that position. Plus their salaries are very close, which means your getting better value in Harris. The problem is that I don't see another team giving up Harris for just Jose... prob would involve a draft pick or someone like Weems too.

Downside about Harris is that he is injury prone. He is also a blend between Jose and Barbosa which means he would effect Leandro's game.

Comment

666 wrote: View Post
            I'd go for Harrris only if we ship Calderon in return. Nothing against Jose but Harris is younger and an upgrade at that position. Plus their salaries are very close, which means your getting better value in Harris. The problem is that I don't see another team giving up Harris for just Jose... prob would involve a draft pick or someone like Weems too.

Downside about Harris is that he is injury prone. He is also a blend between Jose and Barbosa which means he would effect Leandro's game.
            Harris' game and Calderon's game are contrasting styles. Harris is a shoot first, set up teammates later kind of a guy. We have someone like him - Jerryd Bayless.
            You make it sound like Calderon is aging. The guy's like 29. Harris is just about to turn 28 in a month. No real difference in ages. Year and a half.

Comment

yeah i'd take harris. he's lightning quick and great defensively and put up underratted on a awful, awful nets team.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would take Harris on with the intention of moving him for a combination of young talent and/or draft picks. Supposedly Portland is interested in him. Would anyone object to flipping him for Miller and Batum or Miller and one of NOH/POR first round draft picks? I read somewhere the DEN has a plan in place to immediately send Harris to POR for Miller and Camby (obviously more would have to be sent by DEN unless they obtain a trade exemption in the Melo deal).

Comment

Harris is a great talent, but I think we should see what Bayless can make of himself and explore the draft.

Comment

If Denver was willing to take Calderon, Weems and picks then I say DO IT.

Comment

denver reason for trading harris after he gets traded from the melo trade, is because they have ty lawson and they wouldnt want another pg.. im sure they could take kleiza and wright because after the melo trade they wont have any small fowards. raptors may have to throw in a draft pick.

my source: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...s_or_portland/

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
                        denver reason for trading harris after he gets traded from the melo trade, is because they have ty lawson and they wouldnt want another pg.. im sure they could take kleiza and wright because after the melo trade they wont have any small fowards. raptors may have to throw in a draft pick.

We shouldn't trade Wright.

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post

They could take Kleiza or Wright, but they wouldn't. That would be an awful trade for the Nuggets.

Comment

Working...
                          X