• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Wrong Dude

The point was to show how ridiculous Hollinger's numbers are in determining a player's value to his team as relates to the Raptors.

That is why I put it in the Raptors thread and not the Trade Proposal thread.

Sorry if it isn't clear to you in my clarification of the original post and why this thread should not have been moved.

The idea that trading the Raptors starting five for those four Lakers would improve the Raptors is stupid beyond belief.

In fact it amazes me that anyone could think that this thread is about a trade proposal.

It is about showing how ridiculous Hollinger's numbers are specifically his PER which is used not only in the ESPN NBA Trade Machine to determine the value of players but also in his Player Ratings.

I hope that it has now sunk in Dude.
    Sunk in? Looks like you got your shit wrong since it was moved. ANd you can can that fuckin elitist attitude. It's tiresome.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Dude, if you incorporated the trade machine into your post, it should belong in the trade proposal thread.
    Wrong Dude

The point was to show how ridiculous Hollinger's numbers are in determining a player's value to his team as relates to the Raptors.

That is why I put it in the Raptors thread and not the Trade Proposal thread.

Sorry if it isn't clear to you in my clarification of the original post and why this thread should not have been moved.

The idea that trading the Raptors starting five for those four Lakers would improve the Raptors is stupid beyond belief.

In fact it amazes me that anyone could think that this thread is about a trade proposal.

It is about showing how ridiculous Hollinger's numbers are specifically his PER which is used not only in the ESPN NBA Trade Machine to determine the value of players but also in his Player Ratings.

I hope that it has now sunk in Dude.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Dude, if you incorporated the trade machine into your post, it should belong in the trade proposal thread.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Can you make it 72-point font?

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    The thread is not a trade proposal

I thought that was clear from the content on my post.

Sorry about not making it clear

The thread is about how bad ESPN, Hollinger in particular thinks the Raptors are.

IMHO it should not have been moved to Trade Proposals

I am not suggesting this as a trade

Leave a comment:

• Rg1990
    replied
    There wouldn't be much of a difference besides the rebounding and overall defense if Bynum.

Leave a comment:

• Rg1990
    replied
    I don't see why it would improve us that much. Other than the fact Bynum can actually defend, we wouldn't be getting much than we already have. Calderon is putting up better numbers than Blake and Matt Barnes and Bynum are injured and Walton is nothing special. Even with a healthy Bynum, there wouldn't be much of a difference. Call my logic amateur but its what I think.
    Last edited by Rg1990; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hollinger's ESPN NBA Trade Machine Doesn't Think Much of The Raptors

According to the ESPN NBA Trade Machine this trade would work.

The entire Raptors starting lineup for Bynum, Walton, Barnes and S. Blake.

According to the ESPN NBA Trade Machine this trade would improve the Raptors by three wins.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=63jaanp
Working...
X