Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the Draft Pick for the Rights to Rubio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade the Draft Pick for the Rights to Rubio?

Not sure what you guys/girls think about this idea? Should BC get on the horn with Kahn and try to secure the rights to Rubio in exchange for our pick?

I think with BC/Maurizio's Euro influence they could probably get RR into the league next year barring the lockout.

We would then have RR and Jose or RR and Bayless. Either way, Rubio would be a stellar defensive and offensive option. Would be kinda neat having the 2 Spaniards as well playing point.

This might be a longshot, but David Kahn is not known for his aptitude in trades so maybe BC could fleece him?

Not a chance. As crazy Kahn is, he's in love with Rubio.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Not a chance. As crazy Kahn is, he's in love with Rubio.
      +1

And after all the sh!t he has put up with in the media and from fans you can guarantee the only place Rubio plays is in MIN - as long as Kahn is the GM that is.

Comment

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. i think if we dont get in a possition to get irving and we can get someone that Minni wants. Id be interested in trading the pick for rubio.
        I tihnk everyone in the NBA knows that rubio will never go to minni. he would have gone by now... kahn, its not happening.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          Either way, Rubio would be a stellar defensive and offensive option. Would be kinda neat having the 2 Spaniards as well playing point.
          Is Rubio really a stellar defensive force? I don't know the scouting report on him but to my knowledge he has never really guarded against NBA guards (outside of maybe 1 or 2 international games). Upgrade over Calderon, well that's a given.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
            Is Rubio really a stellar defensive force? I don't know the scouting report on him but to my knowledge he has never really guarded against NBA guards (outside of maybe 1 or 2 international games). Upgrade over Calderon, well that's a given.
            He is excellent on defense, and he defended the USA's point guards multiple time, ie, the best of the best. Trust me, the report on him from scouts and opposing player is the kid can d-up

Comment

He is excellent on defense, and he defended the USA's point guards multiple time, ie, the best of the best. Trust me, the report on him from scouts and opposing player is the kid can d-up
              He was voted Best defender in Spain. He must be doing something right.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, did not know he had such potential. If I was a fan of Minnesota, I would be pissed...

Comment

I can't see Minni trading Rubio's rights unless we had a rising star to give, Rubio is supposedly a future top 5 point guard in this league. Also, their Gm (Kahn) is obsessed with him and will want to see Ricky play against legit NBA guards before concidering trading him. On top of that, is Rubio better than Perry Jones/Kyrie Irving?

Comment

northgrantballer wrote: View Post
                    I can't see Minni trading Rubio's rights unless we had a rising star to give, Rubio is supposedly a future top 5 point guard in this league. Also, their Gm (Kahn) is obsessed with him and will want to see Ricky play against legit NBA guards before concidering trading him. On top of that, is Rubio better than Perry Jones/Kyrie Irving?
                    First off, Rubio is MUCH better than Kyrie or Jones. Consider Rubio like D Rose, and Iriving like Jose if you want to realistically compare.

Rubio is basically a phenom, who despite his young age, has been playing international ball for years at a pro level. He is also the starting PG for the spanish nationa team AHEAD of Jose.

I agree Kahn is obsessed with him, BUT, Rubio does not want to be in Minny. He can stay in Europe and make $$ there. He will force Kahn's hand to trade him. Kahn has also been know to be very inept in trades too.

Comment

First off, Rubio is MUCH better than Kyrie or Jones. Consider Rubio like D Rose, and Iriving like Jose if you want to realistically compare.

Rubio is basically a phenom, who despite his young age, has been playing international ball for years at a pro level. He is also the starting PG for the spanish nationa team AHEAD of Jose.

I agree Kahn is obsessed with him, BUT, Rubio does not want to be in Minny. He can stay in Europe and make $$ there. He will force Kahn's hand to trade him. Kahn has also been know to be very inept in trades too.
                      I personally think you're going a tad bit overboard. Which is fine.But I don't think he's THAT much better the Kyrie. If he was, he wouldn't have fallen to #5 in his draft. He is VERY good, but I don't see him coming into the league and even having as much or the kind of impact that Stephen Curry had.

It's not abnormal for guys to be playing pro ball when they are 16 years old in Euroleague. Andrea did it.

And he started starting over Jose ONLY when Jose went down with the Hammy injury. Jose is willingly playing a smaller role in the National team as his body can't handle to wear and tear.

But don't get me wrong. He's good and he will be good. I don't think anybody knows just HOW good.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 1, 2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

If Kahn was willing, I'd do something like this:

If Toronto picks higher swap draft picks with Barbosa going to MIN for rights to Rubio and their draft pick.

MIN needs veterans with the youth they have. They also need help in the backcourt - Barbosa would fit both. Personally, I'd rather a defensive presence coming in off the bench. This is probably too good of a deal for TOR. Maybe send a future lottery protected 1st round pick with it?

I still do not see Kahn trading Rubio but, if it was an option, I would be all for it. His creativity and style of game would be much better suited for the NBA. He is a great defensive player from what I've read and imagine him and Bargnani working the pick and roll together.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          If Kahn was willing, I'd do something like this:

If Toronto picks higher swap draft picks with Barbosa going to MIN for rights to Rubio and their draft pick.

MIN needs veterans with the youth they have. They also need help in the backcourt - Barbosa would fit both. Personally, I'd rather a defensive presence coming in off the bench. This is probably too good of a deal for TOR. Maybe send a future lottery protected 1st round pick with it?

I still do not see Kahn trading Rubio but, if it was an option, I would be all for it. His creativity and style of game would be much better suited for the NBA. He is a great defensive player from what I've read and imagine him and Bargnani working the pick and roll together.
                          Minnisota is second worst in the league right now (behind Toronto) but, unlike toronto, does not have a prolific scorer who can create his own shot, making them completely un-clutch. Personally, I just can't see Toronto doing worse than Minnisota, and even if we did-we'd probably get a good crack at the #1 pick, which only a fool would trade. We already have a very good 1-2 punch at the 1. What the raptors need is a Centre with some beef and potential

Comment

northgrantballer wrote: View Post
                            Minnisota is second worst in the league right now (behind Toronto) but, unlike toronto, does not have a prolific scorer who can create his own shot, making them completely un-clutch. Personally, I just can't see Toronto doing worse than Minnisota, and even if we did-we'd probably get a good crack at the #1 pick, which only a fool would trade. We already have a very good 1-2 punch at the 1. What the raptors need is a Centre with some beef and potential
                            We'll have to disagree with Calderon and Bayless being a good 1-2 punch. I'm quickly running out of patience for Bayless. His first half stint tonight versus NOH was disgraceful.

Rubio-Calderon 1-2 punch I could very much agree with.

As an aside, do people realize he is 6'4"?

Comment

somthing I would love to see is calderon go to clippers for their 1st rounder, and then maybe lure rubio's rights from minni for it-or am I just getting ahead of myself

Comment

Working...
                              X