Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steph Curry, any one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steph Curry, any one?

    A poster today speculated on the Raps getting Steph from GS, because management there has declared him redundant, in light of Monta Ellis. Personally, I would LOVE to get Curry for our draft pick, even if it's the number one overall. Great shooter, including the three and free throws, steal and a half a game, almost as many boards as Il Mago (!), and exciting as all hell. Maybe Irving becomes a great one, maybe he doesn't. But for my money, it's a bird in the hand thing. Thoughts?

  • #2
    I'd take Irving over curry (better defender, game manager) but otherwise, yeah id be all over that. Curry spent a lot of time here already, when his dad was here. Would be really cool for multiple reasons.

    If I'm GS I keep Curry over Ellis but whatever.
    @sweatpantsjer

    Comment


    • #3
      this sounds like trade speculation..

      Comment


      • #4
        If I had to give up Irving, no. I think Irving is going to be a star in this league. Now, if Irving was already off the board and we had the #2 pick where we'd likely draft D. Williams, then I'd be tempted.

        Comment


        • #5
          jd4 wrote: View Post
          If I had to give up Irving, no. I think Irving is going to be a star in this league. Now, if Irving was already off the board and we had the #2 pick where we'd likely draft D. Williams, then I'd be tempted.
          Agreed about Irving potentially being a star. But that raises the question: is Curry not already a star, or at least a star in the making? Personally, I think he is. He is already an adequate defender (as evidenced by the 1.5 steals a game), and a supremely gifted and electrifying offensive player. He would put butts in the seats (and don't think that's not a consideration).

          Comment


          • #6
            So again, trade Bargnani to SAC for their pick plus filler, and trade whatever pick is not top 2 (hoping we get one of them) to GS for SC.

            Comment


            • #7
              Maleko wrote: View Post
              So again, trade Bargnani to SAC for their pick plus filler, and trade whatever pick is not top 2 (hoping we get one of them) to GS for SC.
              My guess is it would take a top two pick to get GS to part with Curry, although I have zero problem making the Bargs trade you suggest.

              Comment


              • #8
                Maleko wrote: View Post
                So again, trade Bargnani to SAC for their pick plus filler, and trade whatever pick is not top 2 (hoping we get one of them) to GS for SC.
                I've read the Bargs to Sacramento proposals from several posters already. I'd love for him to pair up with Cousins and Evans and see if he gets to chuck 18 shots a game. Cousins will eat him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  I've read the Bargs to Sacramento proposals from several posters already. I'd love for him to pair up with Cousins and Evans and see if he gets to chuck 18 shots a game. Cousins will eat him.
                  Now that got me laughing for a while. No chance he gets to take 18 shots a game anymore in SAC if he gets there (especially with TEvans), but still a 10-14 on various nights. SAC does need another shooter, Cousins should balance Bargnani somewhat, and they have both publicly stated they are open to trading the pick, and shopped Casspi, and Thompson. And they have cap space.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    LeeZ wrote: View Post
                    My guess is it would take a top two pick to get GS to part with Curry, although I have zero problem making the Bargs trade you suggest.
                    So let's say we do the Bargs for SAC's pick (and filler) and the wild world of lottery happens and we get the 1st and 2nd picks. In this dreamworld, do you prefer taking Irving and DWilliams, or would you trade for Steph Curry with Irving's pick?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Do you think they would do Irving for Curry and their first rounder?
                      Since everyone thinks Irving will be better do you think this would make it more fair?

                      And if somehow we got first and second, as suggested above, we would have Curry, DWilliams, and another late first pick?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Irving>Curry
                        @sweatpantsjer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maleko wrote: View Post
                          So let's say we do the Bargs for SAC's pick (and filler) and the wild world of lottery happens and we get the 1st and 2nd picks. In this dreamworld, do you prefer taking Irving and DWilliams, or would you trade for Steph Curry with Irving's pick?
                          Irving and DWilliams.

                          I love Steph but I'd take Irving over him cause he's younger.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Prime wrote: View Post
                            Irving and DWilliams.

                            I love Steph but I'd take Irving over him cause he's younger.
                            Dude, how young do you want your players to be? Toronto has the youngest team in the NBA (or damn close to it). So what if Curry is a couple of years older than Irving? He's only, what, 22 or something?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                              Do you think they would do Irving for Curry and their first rounder?
                              Since everyone thinks Irving will be better do you think this would make it more fair?

                              And if somehow we got first and second, as suggested above, we would have Curry, DWilliams, and another late first pick?
                              Holy crap, that would be amazing. And with that late first rounder, you could take one of Kemba, Tristan Thompson, Brandon Knight, Jimmer...Personally, though, I'd do Curry even up for the first pick. I know I'm probably in the minority on that one, but Curry is a proven commodity. He's a tough kid, not afraid to take the big shot, not afraid to take it to the hoop, great teammate, amazing foul shooter and 3-pt shooter, etc., etc. Whereas Irving missed most of the season. By all accounts, he'll be a very good player, but I'd go with the proven commodity. Could Irving end up eclipsing Curry? Yes. But not by much. I'd take the safe(r) bet in Curry. But that's just me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X