Minnesota-Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota-Toronto

To begin, I've never read of this possibility anywhere but besides on forums. With that said, I'm still hoping and praying something happens here. Reasons why:

1) Calderon has a few connections in Minnesota: Darrick Martin, Babcock, Rubio.
    2) Rubio/Calderon have had much success internationally.
    3) Whole mentor thing.

From a roster perspective Minnesota has a number of redundancies and a full roster now at 15 not including Montiejunas:

C: Darko, Pekovic, Miller, Tolliver
    PF: Love, Randolph
    SF: Beasley, Williams, Webster, Hayward
    SG: Johnson (who is more SF), Ellington, Lee
    PG: Rubio, Ridnour

Toronto has a number of holes in their roster for next year:

C: Bargnani (ugh), Alabi
    PF: Amir, ED
    SF: Johnson, Kleiza
    SG: DeRozan, Barbosa
    PG: Bayless, Calderon

Calderon for any combination of these players works:

Ridnour, Webster, Darko, Pekovic, Miller, Tolliver

Personally, I'd stay away from Darko and Miller:

Darko because his contract runs 3 mores seasons whereas all others, minus Ridnour (3 years) expire next year (Tolliver and Webster), 2 seasons (Pekovic and Miller).

Miller because he is out until December (at least) recovering from microfracture surgery (same as Kleiza).

That leaves Calderon for two of: Ridnour, Pekovic, Webster, Tolliver. If the Raps could get the draft rights for Malcolm Lee I would be happy with that as well.

Ridnour is an experienced PG and would be a great back up for Bayless or start if needed.

Pekovic is a young aggressive C and could provide minutes as the 4th big of Amir/Bargnani/ED next season.

Webster provides a SF until Kleiza can return. He has a team option for 2012-13 so he could be an expiring or kept on if needed and he is still only 24.

Tolliver is an undersized C but still manages to rebound the ball and he has great range.

The trade seems to make too much sense for both teams - I hope something can be done.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Jul 3, 2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: Barbosa no longer a (??) and Petrovic? wishful thinking

Would love to get Malcolm Lee
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Calderon For Webster...

Comment

Working...
      X