Bargnani Don't Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani Don't Trade Idea Thread

So here we could do the opposite of the Bargnani Trade idea Thread! Post trade ideas that would not include Andrea, so the Raptors are building their team around him and other core players! I'm not against or for the fact of trading or not trading him, it's just that we have nothing to talk about in these times of lockout. So let's start with some ideas that are behind my head since a couple of days...

It is constructed around trading Amir Johnson and Jose Calderon for an additional 1st round draft pick in the 2012 NBA draft, so we could get a SF (Harrison Barnes?) and a PG (Canadian PG Myck Kabongo?). Here's what the team could look like in 2012, listing only the already signed players + Ajinça and Barbosa, assuming they are coming back:
    C: Valanciunas, Alabi, Ajinça
    PF: Bargnani, Davis
    SF: Barnes, Kleiza, Johnson
    SG: DeRozan, Barbosa
    PG: Bayless, Kabongo

I would add a shooter like Eddie House, a guy who can lock down on D (Sonny has the potential to do so i'm sure of it) and a bench player at the 4 (Brian Cook?).

Then just take a look at 2013 (it's far away, but do you really have something else to do?)

If it goes well with Jo-V and Bargs inside and Kabongo is the next Rajon Rondo like they say on nbadraft.net, we could trade Bayless and Davis, because those players won't accept to be subs (I understand them, in a way). Take a moment to imagine what we could get from those 2!!! I can tell you, with this trade, Raptors future looks BRIGHT!

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    So here we could do the opposite of the Bargnani Trade idea Thread! Post trade ideas that would not include Andrea, so the Raptors are building their team around him and other core players! I'm not against or for the fact of trading or not trading him, it's just that we have nothing to talk about in these times of lockout. So let's start with some ideas that are behind my head since a couple of days...

It is constructed around trading Amir Johnson and Jose Calderon for an additional 1st round draft pick in the 2012 NBA draft
    How do you propose that Calderon and Amir could gain us an additional 2012 First Round Pick. It sounds great to say, but what team would practically afford us that type of trade. Also, what contracts would we need to take back? Whoever we bring back would also be on our roster which means that pieces are missing from your dream roster.

I really like the roster that you have there (except that I would prefer Davis and Kabongo to start). A starting 5 of Kabongo, DeRozan, Barnes, Davis, and Valanciunas would be fantastic. Add in a bench with the offence of Bargnani and Bayless it would be strong.

But realistically I do not understand how we could actually pull of a trade like this.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Well add some money and picks! Look at a team like the Sixers, I really think they would like this trade to happen. They acquire a really good veteran/leader point guard in Calderon and a starting caliber PF in Amir. Their roster is full of pieces that they don't want anymore, but those pieces could really help our team. Another idea I had is to do the trade with Phoenix but I think it's not realistic... I had in mind something like this: Jose Calderon+Amir Johnson+2012 2nd round pick+2013 1st round pick+cash consideration for Steve Nash+2012 1st round pick+Robin Lopez or another player the Suns would like to kick out of town. Look at what the roster could be by the beginning of next season (2012-2013), assuming that some free agents come back and that the trade is done with PHX:
      C: Lopez/Valanciunas/Alabi
      PF: Bargnani/Davis/Ajinça
      SF: Barnes/Kleiza/Johnson
      SG: DeRozan/Barbosa/Weems
      PG: Nash/Bayless/Kabongo

What do you think? I think it's really, really solid.
      Last edited by charlesnba23; Thu Sep 29, 2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Toronto trade Amir Johnson + Jose Calderon + 2014 1st round pick (Top 15 protected) + Leandro Barbosa

Houston Trade Signed Chuck Hayes, Courtney Lee, Patrick Patterson, 2012 1st round pick

We get a center in Chuck Hayes could come off the bench for Valanciunas or have Patrick Patterson come off the bench for Valanciunas, Courtney Lee is a great player behind DeRozan along with their 2012 1st round pick (top 15 protected, we get Myck Kabongo or Kendall Marshall

Bayless/Kabongo or K.Marshall/D-League PG
        DeRozan/Weems/C.Lee
        Barnes or Miller/J.Johnson/L.Kleiza
        Bargnani/E.Davis/J.Dorsey
        Valaciunas/Hayes/Patterson

Comment

Working...
        X