Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani to Lakers for Gasol. Other peices involved.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e2thed
    replied
    To me as of now, Bargs for Gasol is a downgrade, Pau can't hit the threes like Bargs ,and hes softer than him.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    This deal makes a lot of sense, especially if the Lakers eventually bring in Superman. I have said for a long time that the two of them would be great together. This would give the Raps a superstar player to build around. That, plus cap space, may get you into contention.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    Close this thread...we've been trolled...

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Everybody's freaking out! hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Yeah if they proposed the trade 2-3 years ago.........

But not now! I hate it how some people in the media really devalues the Raptor players when it comes to trades. I can't wait until Hollinger comes up with trading Demar for Jason Richardson and will be saying: "Orlando is considering it"

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Hollinger's kind of a tool. Some of the metrics he uses are fun to talk about, and some about individual players especially are decent ways to assess things like impact or value(they can also be useless to statistically unproductive role players). He's just a stats freak with no feel for the game. If you took him to watch a game, he couldn't give you feedback until he looks at numbers.

There's no way any GM in the league makes that kind of deal. Everyone is going to be calling Toronto right now after this start to see if they can lowball BC for Bargnani. LA probably realizes they're in trouble and they f*&#^D themselves with the media coverage of the failed Paul trade, and then by having to trade Odom away. Man, what a mess in LA. And you've got all that talent on the Clippers...how long before Sterling and the team's historic dysfunction screw that up?

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Everyone who thinks this trade will happen doesn't know who Bryan Collangelo is. He loves European players to give up 2 of them and only get one in return

Leave a comment:

• Liston
    replied
    Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/41956

Was on ESPN and came across this. What do you guys think? I think it's crazy actually.

As per Tim Chisholm @timpchisholm "Hollinger doesn't do the comments section, people. That Bargs/Jose for Pau/Fisher trade was not a real thing. Move on."

Check the link. It was BS and therefore crazy, yes.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    Just because the Lakers are considering it doesn't mean it's on the table.

I'm considering leaving work, jumping on the subway, slapping my junk on the first hot chick i see's face, and screaming out "SPARTACUS!!!!!!!" while she "handles my business"...

doesn't mean it's a good idea or that she's interested at all... but the mere mention of it does get people talking...

Leave a comment:

• Bouncepass
    replied
    Ain't it funny that after 6 games people are scoffing at swapping the PF-PG combo from an NBA champion for Bargnani-Calderon. Maybe those two don't suck quite so much after all. Bargnani has always had talent, and he has never been a jerk. So it shouldn't be a real surprise that a good coach and the right role would allow him to thrive. Remember, the last couple of years he was asked to play the C position, which plays against his strengths. It's early, but it looks like Casey has figured out who Bargnani is as a player, and how to use him. As for Calderon, he has deficiencies on defence but over the past 3 years his Asst/TO ratio has been well above 4. Dude runs the offence, scores efficiently (0.574 career TS%, in Paul/Kidd/Nash territory) and doesn't squander possessions. An efficient offence that doesn't turn the ball over is important for defensive performance. He would absolutely kill it with the Lakers. Now, if only he could stay healthy...

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Rockets are a team with some assets we would actually want that I could see asking about Bargs

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    funny thing is , I was on that board and I knew right away it was a troll, Vybz tried to troll us too and he did to some.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Thread title gave me a anxiety attack

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    If this happened, disappointed would not be the word. I would certainly change my avatar.

Leave a comment:

• yertu damkule
    replied
    and then there's this:

'Lee (Indy)

Is that really you replying in the comments section below?

John Hollinger (12:09 PM)

I can't see it right now but I have never, ever commented on any of my stories.'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X