this is would id try
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=89qo8h6

with our 1st going to boston maybe to sweeten the deal if needed

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      this is would id try
      http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=89qo8h6

with our 1st going to boston maybe to sweeten the deal if needed
      If Boston is trying to rebuild I think they will want more young players, expiring and draft picks.
      Davis and Bledsoe and the pick are a start, but I think taking Calderon, Williams, and Butler contracts (26 Million) and none of it expiring, is counter productive.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
        If Boston is trying to rebuild I think they will want more young players, expiring and draft picks.
        Davis and Bledsoe and the pick are a start, but I think taking Calderon, Williams, and Butler contracts (26 Million) and none of it expiring, is counter productive.
        ya i though about that.. LOL but with this trade they'd get the best of both worlds.. getting some young talent & prob. decent pick & some established players to remain competetive..

plus im not sure what more they'd get for pierce at this stage with 3years left on his deal

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
          I think Marshall is about as athletic as Jason Kidd ... Jason Kidd, today!
          They say he is an amazing pure playmaker, but to even standout in college systems as being unathletic is scary for when the game picks up the speed at the NBA level
          I'd still take Kidd today over a lot of pg's in the league!

Athletiicsm is certainly an asset to a point guard but it is not a necessity. Passing ability and leadership are necessities and Marshall has them in spades.

in many ways he's the anti-Rondo. If you read Rondo's draft profile they talk about how he was a freak athlete with great quick's but a poor understanding of the game, no size, poor leadership and no shot. They also said he had a scorers mentality.
          http://www.nbadraft.net/players/rajon-rondo

Marshall is a big pg with a great understanding of the game, is an excellent leader, doesn't score much, isn't a great athlete, and is an elite passer.
          http://nbadraft.net/players/kendall-marshall

The only thing they have in common is a poor jumper, though Marshall's is still better than Rondo's.

In summary, I take a smart pg every time ahead of an athletic one. I definitely would prefer to pas on Rondo and draft a pg, Marshall if we can get an early pick or Kobongo if he enters.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            You know I have never been a fan of Rondo but I agree I respect his game with his balls out play and the 'whatever it takes to win' attitude. I think he is a Casey style player. Thinking about it now and how Casey has been able to get buy in from players, specifically how Bargnani talks about him, I think he would be an excellent coach for Rondo.

On the other hand thoughts of Rondo tithe Lakers Mike Brown would be the wrong type of coach for Rondo IMO.
            +1

Rondo's blend in is compelling. There has never been a point gaurd of that caliber in Toronto.

seems like they are keeping him ... for now
            http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...boston-celtics
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

did someone just say rondo has swag? hahahahaha

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
                okay that was the one thing I wasn't sure about, I'd rather amnesty Kleiza personal opinion just not a fan of his game...besides we all know we aren't getting Rondo but it'd bring some excitement to the franchise
                If you dont like kleiza that is one thing.. but to not like his game makes me realize u dont watch enough games. Kleiza is fantastic this year especially after he just had micro fracture surgery. Without kleiza we'd have even less wins. kleiza and james johnson have become our 2 most consistent players. you know what he brings and always plays hard.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  He was very good before KG and Ray Allen got there
                  who are you kidding? I personally think he is overrated
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Rondo is a great one, it's the team around him is way past its prime.

Doc says he's staying.

Comment

Boston is asking alot for him, more than this. Maybe Calderon + this years pick.

Comment

Getting rondo would definitely be a plus, but if they want too much for him then not worth it.
                        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Ya you are right I'm wrong in my personal opinion in thinking that I'm not a fan of tweener's who play mediocre defense, and looks for his own shot first... I get his game, he brings a lot to the table, he brings it, I don't have to be a fan

Comment

PHP Code:
                            [QUOTE=Mediumcore;116218]Rondo is a good playerbut I wonder how he would be in a situation where the role of leader falls squarely on his shouldersHe's use to playing with great players and I can see him being a real sulk playing for the Raptors. He needs veterans around him. 

Maybe the oposite is the problem. Ever since he came to NBA as a rookie, everyone allways talked about Boston's Big 3 (obviously he was not in). That may have worked while he was a rook, but still? He feels he is the man (or at least 2nd to Pierce). I don't think he would have that problem in To where he would either be the man or at least at par with Bargs.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Good point about the shooting. Bargnani would be getting doubled every posession knowing that there aren't any other shooters. Balance is something that would be lacking on offense.
                              Jose cant play D, Rondo does not shoot. Who do you suggest we get??????????????????????????????

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                                Jose cant play D, Rondo does not shoot. Who do you suggest we get??????????????????????????????
                                Jondo

Comment

Working...
                                X