Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko
    replied
    You know I have never been a fan of Rondo but I agree I respect his game with his balls out play and the 'whatever it takes to win' attitude. I think he is a Casey style player. Thinking about it now and how Casey has been able to get buy in from players, specifically how Bargnani talks about him, I think he would be an excellent coach for Rondo.

On the other hand thoughts of Rondo tithe Lakers Mike Brown would be the wrong type of coach for Rondo IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    love rondo, one of my favourite players to watch. balls out every shift. but his attitude might be a problem for casey.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    Very much in agreement that next year first is not a priority and is a chip to solidify the team.

Leave a comment:

• Fanchie
    replied
    Yeah but they'll probably get tons of cool offers for him, so I wouldn't want to miss him just because we're being pick-greedy. We'll have 2 maybe 3 rookies next year and a very young core : I think i'd live without a first round selection in 2013. This team will need experience.

And from the way DC seems to have managed to change the locker room culture in a couple of months, I wouldn't be too worried about potential ego fights.
    Last edited by Fanchie; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 08:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    Fanchie wrote: View Post
    So apparently, the Celtics want to get rid of Rondo. Would you want BC to try to get him ?

Something like :

Calderon + 1st round pick 2013 / Rondo ?
    Since Boston has let it known that they do not want to build around him and cite his battles with his coach, the issue here would be why spend high when they are devaluing him off the bat. This year 2nd rounder and a choice to flip next year might be the addition to Calderon.

Leave a comment:

• Fanchie
    started a topic Rondo on the block

Rondo on the block

So apparently, the Celtics want to get rid of Rondo. Would you want BC to try to get him ?

Something like :

Calderon + 1st round pick 2013 / Rondo ?
Working...
X