No announcement yet.

Rondo on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bad for us: not only does it lower Calderon's value but there is no way the Celtics trade him within there division so we can't get him. Too bad too, he'd fit well here.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      He was very good before KG and Ray Allen got there
      I don't know if I'd call 6 points, 4 assists, and 42% shooting in 23 minutes "very good" for a point guard.

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=78wf2bn
        It would be nice, we have Amir Kleiza and JJ can play as backup for Andrea Bargnani anyway, so maybe Boston would like this trade
        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

i like Rondo... id have him on my team any day...he might not be the best shooter & he may get upset quick but hes a very good PG... he likes to get out & run(with our team able to run with him) theres a fit there... hes a lock down defender... again we need that too...

dudes a baller.... played in the playoffs with 1 arm & did better then his team did...

hes just not feeling Boston anymore i think.... ever since they traded Perkins that team fell apart..

Comment

Rondo is a good PG. I don't know why Boston would give him up. Sending Calderon and a pick would be something that the Celts wouldn't care for IMO.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
              http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=78wf2bn
              It would be nice, we have Amir Kleiza and JJ can play as backup for Andrea Bargnani anyway, so maybe Boston would like this trade
              id be ok with that trade... although i think it would take a pic or 2 aswell atleast

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                id be ok with that trade... although i think it would take a pic or 2 aswell atleast
                Me too.
                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Rondo is a HUGE upgrade over calderon. Probably the best defending PG in the league, as well as a great facilitator. I would easily do Calderon + 2013 pick/and or Amir Johnson/Ed Davis. Rondo is a player you can build around.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    Rondo is a HUGE upgrade over calderon. Probably the best defending PG in the league, as well as a great facilitator. I would easily do Calderon + 2013 pick/and or Amir Johnson/Ed Davis. Rondo is a player you can build around.
                    lol no he's not. He's been playing with Allen, Garnett and Pierce his entire life so you can't say you can build a team around him. He can be a good piece but definitely not THE PIECE.

Comment

What exactly is the problem with Rondo?
                      -Wants to be alpha man? I don't thing that would be issue in To. We need a leader.
                      -Wants to be like Westbrook? A bit of a problem. I always felt that PG should only score to either keep D honest like Jason Kidd, OR when the TEAM needs him to (because no-one ele is) like Nash.
                      -Could he be tired of living in shadow of Boston's "Big 3". WTF is he? Now, clearly better than them.
                      -Potencial red flag: If Rondo is really good how come Celtics are fighting with Cleveland & Bucks for 7-8 spot (this with Pearce, still an all-star, aging but effective Allen & still solid-not great Garnet)?
                      At any rate Calderon (who I am a huge fan of) & next years 1st (maybe top 3-5 protected) would be great, although I think Celtics would want that 1st to be 2012 & unprotected. Maybe a compromize? Swap 1st rounders this year with ours top 2 protected (apparently Anthony Davis has huge upside).
                      Calderon & Ed Davis for Rondo would work even better for us.
                      With this scenario, if we manage to get W Chandler or even better N Batum, I'd say we have a playoff team with a lot of potential 2-3 years down the road.
                      Last edited by Mapko; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        we better get barnes here or there is only one shooter on the floor. it would be hilarious to watch how much room other defenses would give a rondo, derozan and mkg back court.
                        I agree, spacing with this group could be an area of concern.

I am not suggesting we should pick Barnes ahead of MKG (or the other way around), just that the suggested line-up has two wings and a point guard that are below average outside shooters.
                        Last edited by Hugmenot; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

he isn't a great offensive weapon and he has no jumpshot.

Comment

Big mistake

I used to be high on Rondo but when I read the reason why the Celtics are looking to get rid of him I changed my view on the guy. The Raptors are trying to build this team the right way. If Rondo were here he would be expected to be leader. How can you have a leader who constantly is challenging the coach staff? It would undermine the whole effort taking place right now.

Additionally you need to consider the fact that the Celtics were trying to land CP3 for Rondo earlier in the season. It sounds like the Celtics have a high price tag on Rondo.

This isn't worth it and I don't think Colangelo will be interested.

Comment

We go Kabongo screw Rondo.

Comment

Bongo no Rondo hehe see what i did there

Comment

Working...
                                X