X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like Apollo's buying us wings if we get Rondo
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Sounds safe to me. The only way Rondo lands here is if Colangelo aborts the rebuild plans in place. That puts his future in Toronto in serious jeopardy if they don't improve drastically in the standings next season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I didn't say you said it was the best offer in the league. I asked the question do you think it's the best offer they would get in the league. I asked the question because the offer looks like it would be missing the most valuable piece going outbound to get the deal done.
        Gotcha - yes, I bet someone would offer up a package that included a young PG piece with some star potential ... or lottery picks for 2012.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Rondo to Utah for their two picks and whatshisface would make some sense
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The fact that he isn't sane makes me say: no deal. We don't need to try to hit the home run here, the rebuild is going according to plan, we are stockpiling assets and with Val and this years pick coming over the future looks bright. We don't need to trade our young assets for a guy who is not a top 5 point guard and may be a locker room poison. Even if we did get him, do we become a playoff team? Is Rondo and Bargs a better offensive combo than Jose and Bargs? Is Rondo such a good defender that the Raps perimeter defense will suddenly become rediculous? The answer is no.

Rondo is good and everyone would love to have that great point on the team. I say we stay the course and get it in the draft: Kendall Marshal is a guy I think will do big things in the NBA.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I didn't say you said it was the best offer in the league. I asked the question do you think it's the best offer they would get in the league. I asked the question because the offer looks like it would be missing the most valuable piece going outbound to get the deal done.

I'm not asking about X's and O's, I'm asking about in the locker room, on the practice court, during timeouts, etc. He's not happy in Boston on one of the best teams in the league. One of the best coaches in the league and one of the strongest locker rooms in the league can't keep him in line. In Toronto he would expected to be the leader. You want that leading the Raptors? This gets back to my question I asked earlier, how would Rondo work on a roster full of loser sheep? Loser, meaning the team stinks. Sheep, meaning no strong leader presences.

Rondo won't want any part of Toronto for the same reason Star free agents don't seriously consider Toronto.
              you just hit the nail on the head.. hes not happy in boston... only u got it wrong.. there not one of the best teams in the league.. there 7th in a weak east conf. they have a 17/17 record & a roster full of aging or over the hill players..they've come to the conclusion that they want to rebuild..
              i think rondo would be ok in our locker room.sometimes a team needs that attitude & swagger.. i doubt hed be problem. hes always been a good team guy in the past & hes a guy who leads on the floor.. pure hustle..did i say dude played with a broken arm & looked better then any other celtic in the playoffs LOL

u are right though in that he may not even want to come here... those u.s basketball players can be strange folk LOL
              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'm not asking about X's and O's, I'm asking about in the locker room, on the practice court, during timeouts, etc. He's not happy in Boston on one of the best teams in the league. One of the best coaches in the league and one of the strongest locker rooms in the league can't keep him in line. In Toronto he would expected to be the leader. You want that leading the Raptors? This gets back to my question I asked earlier, how would Rondo work on a roster full of loser sheep? Loser, meaning the team stinks. Sheep, meaning no strong leader presences.
                Agreed 100%. Toronto does not need Rajon Rondo and his baggage on this team of young, impressionable players.

All these discussions tend to devolve as they go on, with detractors stating why the potential new player doesn't fit, or is too expensive for what he brings, etc. and the proponents stating all the options to make it work.

Unless you're bringing in an elite, top-5 positional talent who can immediately step in and lead this team, why would anyone start jumping through hoops to make it work? Bring in Rondo, but it'll only work if TO then trades Demar and find a way to replace the top-5 draft pick they already own? Trade Calderon for cap space and a bowl of soup so they can turn around and sign Wilson Chandler to a big deal?

Really. A lot of people are severely underrating a) the talent on this roster, both current and developing, and b) the positive steps already taken in a process that's been moving forward exactly as planned so far. Keep in mind that Toronto is competing -- close games every night -- without their top player.

I'm as dissatisfied as anyone with the slow development of Derozan and Davis, but that's not a reason to write them now off or trade them for scraps, or to start rebuilding *again* around a flawed player like Rondo. IMO, it's gotta be a really good move for a really good player who fits into what Casey has already established in Toronto. If it means trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, forget it.
                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  I say we stay the course and get it in the draft: Kendall Marshal is a guy I think will do big things in the NBA.
                  I think Marshall is about as athletic as Jason Kidd ... Jason Kidd, today!
                  They say he is an amazing pure playmaker, but to even standout in college systems as being unathletic is scary for when the game picks up the speed at the NBA level
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                    Agreed 100%. Toronto does not need Rajon Rondo and his baggage on this team of young, impressionable players.

All these discussions tend to devolve as they go on, with detractors stating why the potential new player doesn't fit, or is too expensive for what he brings, etc. and the proponents stating all the options to make it work.

Unless you're bringing in an elite, top-5 positional talent who can immediately step in and lead this team, why would anyone start jumping through hoops to make it work? Bring in Rondo, but it'll only work if TO then trades Demar and find a way to replace the top-5 draft pick they already own? Trade Calderon for cap space and a bowl of soup so they can turn around and sign Wilson Chandler to a big deal?

Really. A lot of people are severely underrating a) the talent on this roster, both current and developing, and b) the positive steps already taken in a process that's been moving forward exactly as planned so far. Keep in mind that Toronto is competing -- close games every night -- without their top player.

I'm as dissatisfied as anyone with the slow development of Derozan and Davis, but that's not a reason to write them now off or trade them for scraps, or to start rebuilding *again* around a flawed player like Rondo. IMO, it's gotta be a really good move for a really good player who fits into what Casey has already established in Toronto. If it means trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, forget it.
                    the thing is... in my opinion Rondo is in the top 5 for young/youngish PG in the league

Rose
                    Paul
                    Williams
                    Westbrook
                    Rondo

and all the names being floated about are just ideas.. not like thed need to gut the team u know.. ive not been impressed by demar to much either so thts why i brought his name up

also theres always 2sides to any story.. i wonder how the other celtics players feel about rondo.. maybe they agree with him & his attitude... who knows..

but to label a guy poison & to not even give him chance is stupid.. rondo is a pure PG who plays with great energy & steller Defence... he fits our needs going forward.. & if he ever starts to develop a shot hes as lethal as it comes..

Comment

I'd feel better going after Jennings than Rondo.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        you just hit the nail on the head.. hes not happy in boston... only u got it wrong.. there not one of the best teams in the league.. there 7th in a weak east conf. they have a 17/17 record & a roster full of aging or over the hill players..they've come to the conclusion that they want to rebuild..
                        Alright so Rondo reacts to that adversity how? By challenging Doc Rivers' authority and undermining the system? The first test of adversity Rondo faces and this is how he reacts? There is no good excuse for his lack of professionalism. This is a failure on him.

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        i think rondo would be ok in our locker room.sometimes a team needs that attitude & swagger..
                        If they're going to trade the most valuable core pieces to get Rondo then he needs to be far more than "ok" in the locker room. They hired Casey to instill the swagger and attitude you're talking about.

Comment

I feel the only way that we get rondo, is if Boston is able to unload Pierce if they truly want to re-tool their team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gugthf

As crazy as this trade is, this is the sort of deal that the Celtics may be looking for. With the Raptors giving their pick to the Celts, and us receiving one of the Celts picks.

Clippers do this, so that the get that late game finisher, who has won before in Pierce

Celts do this because they unload a ridiculous amount of cap with Ray Allen, Garnett, O'Neal, and Barbosa and no Pierce contract. They then can go after a Dwight Howard who would be a perfect compliment to Jose Calderon, and go after Eric Gordon or another restricted free agent. They could even sign Ray Allen for less. Plus they would have a lotto pick where they could get a Thomas Robinson to replace Garnett or get Harrison Barnes or MGK.

Raptors do this because they get Rondo, while a headcase, has undeniable talent, with strong defensive tangibles in his game and he's young but as well can help us be more than competitive next season. Mo Williams would obviously be an amnesty target do to his character issues, and Foye cap space this offseason. Raptors could then use that late pick to get a player like Marshall, or Kabongo, or even a Kris Joseph at the SF and maybe even resign Barbosa for less as a free agent as has been suggested

PG- Rondo/ Kabongo
                          SG- Derozan/ Barbosa
                          SF- James Johnson/ Kleiza
                          PF- Bargs/ Amir
                          C- Val/ Gray

Comment

while i'd love for that trade to happen (yes im one of the ones that said Rondo isn't a good idea, shut up) i don't see us getting rondo AND foye in this. that's a massive wet dream right there.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

also, we can't amnesty Mo since he wasn't with the club before the new CBA. he would be a nice trade chip though.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

okay that was the one thing I wasn't sure about, I'd rather amnesty Kleiza personal opinion just not a fan of his game...besides we all know we aren't getting Rondo but it'd bring some excitement to the franchise

Comment

Working...
                                X