Tor - atl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor - atl

With Atlanta having been eliminated in the first round they may be considering a shake up of their 'elite talents'...ie horford, smith, williams, and johnson.

Johnson's max contract will be extremely difficult to move, and horford is likely staying put. Leaving smith and williams. It has been rumored for months that ATL is shopping williams, but they have been unable to find any takers. This leaves smith.

What is the raps were to offer Bargs + Calderon + 2012 8th Pick for ATL's Smith + Pachulia.

Followed by Amir Johnson + 2nd rounder for NO's Ariza + 2012 10th.

Pachulia would provide veteran leadership for the incoming Val.
    Smith would provide scoring and athleticism at 4, plus more D than Bargs ever provided.
    Ariza would be a serviceable 3 providing some defence.

This would leave us cap space to offer Steve Nash a reasonable contract as well. Potential lineup would be...

PG - Nash, 10th Pick, Uzoh
    SG - DeRozan, Forbes, A. Anderson
    SF - Ariza, J Johnson
    PF - Smith, Davis, 2nd Round Pick
    C - Val, Pachulia, Gray, Alabi

GSRaps wrote: View Post
    With Atlanta having been eliminated in the first round they may be considering a shake up of their 'elite talents'...ie horford, smith, williams, and johnson.

Johnson's max contract will be extremely difficult to move, and horford is likely staying put. Leaving smith and williams. It has been rumored for months that ATL is shopping williams, but they have been unable to find any takers. This leaves smith.

What is the raps were to offer Bargs + Calderon + 2012 8th Pick for ATL's Smith + Pachulia.

Followed by Amir Johnson + 2nd rounder for NO's Ariza + 2012 10th.

Pachulia would provide veteran leadership for the incoming Val.
    Smith would provide scoring and athleticism at 4, plus more D than Bargs ever provided.
    Ariza would be a serviceable 3 providing some defence.

This would leave us cap space to offer Steve Nash a reasonable contract as well. Potential lineup would be...

PG - Nash, 10th Pick, Uzoh
    SG - DeRozan, Forbes, A. Anderson
    SF - Ariza, J Johnson
    PF - Smith, Davis, 2nd Round Pick
    C - Val, Pachulia, Gray, Alabi
    I could love to get Josh Smith in Toronto mostly cuz he would provide scoring and athleticism at the 4 spot, but the only problem I really have with getting Smith is his willingness to stay in Toronto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Smith only has one more year in his contract, so he might want to leave Toronto once his contract is over. That's the only real issue I have with getting Josh Smith. If he love Toronto (which I doubt) and want to stay in Toronto, then I'm all for the trade, but I doubt this would happen.

Comment

Bargnani and Calderon for J Smith and Pachulia should do the trick. No need to add the 2012, 8th pick. Pachulia's leadership would be invaluable. Smith should be acquired only if he is willing to sign an extension.

The other trade suggestion however is in my opinion, not good for NO. Amir's contract does not really help in Cap flexibility, something they badly require. I think Ed Davis would entice them more. I don't think they'll go for the draft pick either.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
      X